Anyone know anything about snakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doomdragon6

Staff member
My gf has a pet water snake that she feeds feeder goldfish.

I was looking in its tank today, and saw what looked like a 1" longish curved, perfectly smooth orange stone. I knew it wasn't a stone, because there are only like 3 things in the tank and I know what they are.

Then my friend saw another, much smaller one that looked "broken" in half, with a half missing.

Then I saw another much larger one that actually looked like it had a thin, translucent strip of a tail, and things that could potentially be eye sockets, like tiny indentations.

By the time I'd seen the first one, I'd already figured it was a partially digested fish, and the 3rd one made it pretty obvious.

I'm just kind of curious as to why they're there? Did the snake throw them up, just partially digested? Everything is perfectly smooth, and they don't appear to have any bones or anything resembling inards. They really do just look like smooth stones.

And if he did throw them up, why? To eat later? Didn't taste good?

I tried looking around online but couldn't find anything this specific.

It's stuff that the snake can't digest/ pass through it's system. It gets compressed down and regurgitated once all the good stuff inside is ingested.

It's kind of like the snake equivalent of a beer-case fort. Only his comes with skulls. _I'D_ be bummed if someone threw mine out... *grins*

Status
Not open for further replies.