Export thread

April Fool's Thread

figmentPez

figmentPez

Okay, thread to post April Fool's pranks and gags.

I'm so excited, I actually managed to buy some Random Crap from Woot.com. The last two years they had a "choose your own adventure" style website hunt to try and find the hidden order page, and I missed out both years. Before that it was $1,000,000 to buy some Random Crap (but there was a hidden coupon code to bring it down in price). I didn't get any then, either. This year it was playing a flash mini-game in order to earn the right to order. As I post there is still a chance to get some Random Crap.

Also, ThinkGeek has some awesome gag products this year, some of which are almost certain to become real later. http://www.thinkgeek.com/whats-new/ The first 10 are the gag products.

What April Fool's stuff have you come across?
Added at: 01:00
Ahahaha! Youtube added a 1911 button that turns clips into a sepia-toned silent film with piano sountrack and film scratches.

linglingface

linglingface

Old April Fool's jokes that I loved...
ThinkGeek's unicorn meat! And then there was the letter that came months later from a company by the same name they used for their fake unicorn meat company...
Starbuck's giant and itty bitty sized coffees.
Google's order your email to be sent to you as letters in the mail.

OOOHHHH Gmail this year has Gmail Motion BETA: http://mail.google.com/mail/help/motion.html

linglingface

linglingface

And here's Starbucks this year: http://www.starbucks.com/blog/intro...ource=facebook&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=af
Mobile Pour App! Starbucks from a barista on a scooter. :D

Wasabi Poptart

I just saw Mobile Pour on FB. lol

figmentPez

figmentPez

X's Playthrough of Barbie Super Model - 001 - A Passion for Fashion
(for those that don't know X, he's famous for his Minecraft Let's Play)

If you want a real Let's Play of Barbie Super Model, Paw Dugan and PushingUpRoses did one.

Also, Linkara finally reviewed One More Day.
Added at: 03:13
Google announces Gmail Motion

Math242

Math242

i loved Thunt's joke

evilmike

evilmike

Ahahaha! Youtube added a 1911 button that turns clips into a sepia-toned silent film with piano sountrack and film scratches.
It's scary how natural the new Doctor Who season trailer looks from 1911.
Here

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Ad Block's new real-time real-world add on...

http://chromeadblock.com/freedom/

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page

Always has some good gags today.

Dave

Dave

I was going to change the font here to Comic Sans but Xenforo.com did it first. :(

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I wish. I'm still getting boring fonts.

Krisken

Krisken

The moving forum is trippy enough, Dave.

Dave

Dave

Yeah...moving forum was a last minute thing. Gave me a headache. Hard to post.

Bye bye moving forum.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Bring it back at random times during the day...

Hylian

Hylian

aaaw I missed the moving boards :(

Krisken

Krisken

I liked the sideways avatars. Why didn't you keep that?

Dave

Dave

Package deal. CSS edit that put all or nothing in.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Blizzard always has some April Fools fun.

Krisken

Krisken

Those BASTARDS!

Ah well. Maybe you can find something which takes quoted text and turns it into Klingon or something.

David

David

Oh hai guys did you hear Francis is losing his virginity soon?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Oh hai guys did you hear Francis is losing his virginity soon?
I heard that Scott posted his comic on time today.

figmentPez

figmentPez

The King Arthur Flour Blog has their annual baking disasters post. As someone who loves to cook and likes to bake, I find this hilarious. If you're not so handy in the kitchen, it may not be as entertaining. My favorite picks:

KAFB Cheese Baguette.jpg

Attempt at a cheese baugette

KAFB Failed Chocolate Canneles.jpg

Failed chocolate cannelés

KAFB Pale Sour Sourdough.jpg

To quote, "Crusty sourdough, anyone? These really, really, really, REALLY sour loaves are a great example of the un-Maillard reaction: no sugar, no browning."

In related news, Foodbeast announces the launch of Renee Zellweger’s Extreme Sour Lemon Candy

and DudeFoods has been aquired by Wendy's
more "new" products at the link (wait, you mean the Spicy Nugget Garden Salad isn't real? :()

David

David

Not sure whether this is April Fools or not:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theti...nold-schwarzenegger-returns-as-the-governator

Cause if not... it actually sounds kinda badass in a goofy kinda way, I'd watch it

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It was mentioned a few days ago. I wish it was an April fool.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Guild Wars 2 is getting a Commando class

Hulu's front page has a new design

Woot CEO Defends Elephant Riding Trip
"Matt Rutledge, CEO of an up-and-coming lousy flash game company, today defended his decision to ride an elephant and post the photo as 'something fun for the kids.'

"The photo has led to criticisms from the Automakers Association, who believe that elephants should not be popularized as a form of transportation, and from People for the Ethical Design of Seats, who note that the cushion appears very uncomfortable. Rutledge himself offers no remorse, and hints that there are many other animals he would be quite happy to ride."

The PC game Magicka introduces relationships!
"We are proud to announce that our next DLC will introduce relationships in Magicka. You will be able to give the other wizards gifts and set the mood with a few new magicks such as Candlelight, Barry White and Bed of Roses. We want to cater to all gamers and as such we will allow any relationship, even unorthodox ones such as Blue with Yellow.
Here is a picture of true love!"
love_wizard.jpg

and it's already been cosplayed...
(they also announced, for real, that Magicka: Vietnam will be $4.99 when it comes out on April 12th. It's just two new maps, though.)

XKCD is in 3D!
Added at: 11:51
All of XKCD is in 3D, not just the latest strip. Hilarious.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I think they should actually make that tomb of immortal darkness one. I giggled like a maniac at the boss names.

strawman

strawman

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I think they should actually make that tomb of immortal darkness one. I giggled like a maniac at the boss names.
The description sounded just like Doom3...

Krisken

Krisken

Sparkles being thrown on the guy was a nice touch :D

ncts_dodge_man

ncts_dodge_man

Thunt who does Goblins Comic has one that appears to have gotten several people (from his forums): http://www.goblinscomic.com/

Wasabi Poptart

I'd buy the lightsaber popcicle molds on Think Geek if they were real. I have a Star Wars birthday party to plan for August this year!

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'd buy the lightsaber popcicle molds on Think Geek if they were real. I have a Star Wars birthday party to plan for August this year!
Well, the Tauntaun sleeping bags from 2009 are now a real product, so I think there's a chance, but maybe not by August. There's also a page to tell them what items you want for real (just click to Buy Now on any of the fake item pages). I think it's likely these will get made, though I'm wondering if they'll manage to find a way to have them light up (LED module that doesn't go into freezer? Hollow center to insert a glow-stick into? The latter has been done, but not in a home version.).

Krisken

Krisken

They were caught unawares on just how popular an idea that Tauntaun sleeping bag would be. They were overwhelmed with requests for it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

@Li3n

@Li3n

I love how everyone in the comments either thinks it's real, or acts like they're the first person to get it.
I love how you still can bring yourself to read blizz forum posts... of course nowadays you can easily find way worse, but i still have an aversion to them from way back when D2 was new...

Covar

Covar

Slash dot has micro editing today.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Ritz is making a Boxer Hockey iPhone game!
268368793.png

Cajungal

Cajungal

I played a great trick on my kids today. They were being rowdy because it was my last day, so I told them I was taking away their recess and that they could earn it back by spending the rest of the morning finishing their work quietly (that part isn't the joke.. they were actually being ridiculous). So they were actually really good for the rest of the morning while we worked... very few problems. But I decided to tell them right before recess that I was keeping them inside for that AND P.E. since they had been so bad, and we were going to do worksheets and read in our textbooks the whole time. They were all so mad, then I said, "I don't want to hear it, now write down this first assignment:" Then I wrote April Fools on the board. They freakin lost it. :D

linglingface

linglingface

Nathan Fillion tweeted that his cat had died (http://twitter.com/NathanFillion/status/53863380733276160)
Went to find my cat this morning. Looks like coyotes found him first. Goodbye, Spartacus. http://t.co/jDG9xLM
and that Castle had been cancelled (http://twitter.com/NathanFillion/status/53874092494946304).
You probably already heard about Castle being cancelled, I'm sad to see it go. Let's cross fingers for movie projects.
He fooled Seth Green & Clare Grant (Seth's wife). (http://twitter.com/NathanFillion/status/53914705269501952)

April Fool, everybody who bought it! Including @SethGreen and @ClareGrant!

linglingface

linglingface

Oh holy shit on a stick.
http://www.funnyordie.com/
FRIDAY OR DIE!!!

Overflight

OK, that was pretty neat.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I really liked Hulu's 1996-mode.

I would have made some epic posts here about how Mystic River is a piece of shit and Transformers 3 is going to be the best movie of all time if I wasn't working 14 hours yesterday :Leyla:

drifter

drifter

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm not sure if that's evil, or potentially tasty...

figmentPez

figmentPez

Some April Fools pranks are better left untried:

RinryGameGame (internet game reviewer) tweeted:
"Yesterday someone put soap in the kettle at work. When I made my afternoon tea, the kettle sprayed boiling hot soapy water"

I'm glad no one was hurt. That was damn stupid prank.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Huh, Notch added a store to Minecraft. There's no way I'm paying $42 for a creeper saddle.

And Mozilla Labs is adding a "Do Not Fool" list to Firefox

Stetson hat to be new Army standard headgear

figmentPez

figmentPez

I'm just going to assume this is an April Fools joke:

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

When he said that he wouldn't be back, he should have put on sunglasses.

FAIL!!!!11

fade

fade

I would watch that.

Jiarn

Not with Black Eyed Peas playing the soundtrack.....

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It's real, all too real...
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsideth...ger-returns-to-showbiz-as-the-governator.html

figmentPez

figmentPez

*plugs ears* La, la, la... I can't hear you. It's just an April Fools joke... La, la, la...

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If that's a real trailer, does anyone else find it odd that they dropped an S-Bomb in it? The lyrics to the black eyed peas song weren't censored.

Krisken

Krisken

Well, there went 3 minutes of my life. What's with the fucking kids? Who does he think he is, Mr. T?

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

If that's a real trailer, does anyone else find it odd that they dropped an S-Bomb in it? The lyrics to the black eyed peas song weren't censored.
Stan Lee's company also did Stripperella with Pam Anderson. No, it doesn't surprise me.

Shakey

Shakey

News anchor gets talked into licking an iPad.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Late one from Blizz:

WoW Patch 4.1.11 Preview
We’re introducing an all-new Random Guild Finder! Players may use this new feature to queue for automatic guild placement. You’ll be placed with a random guild at the click of a button, allowing you to partake in whatever content they may or may not be doing. After being placed, you’ll receive a cooldown which will not allow you to leave the guild, or for them to remove you from the guild, for fourteen days. Get to know your new friends! We’re sure they’ll enjoy getting to know you. If the guild you’re automatically placed in does not exist on your current realm you’ll be automatically charged for a paid realm transfer and moved there.
  • Players in capital cities will receive a 2-hour debuff “Homebody” that increases damage taken and reduces damage and healing given by 10% for every 10 minutes they’re within city limits. We hope this encourages something.
  • Due to player feedback regarding night elf, blood elf, and worgen “flippy” jumps, player characters can no longer jump.
  • Druid forms are now considered vehicles, allowing one player to ride on the druid’s back while in any form, even their humanoid form.
  • Paladins are now required to tithe 10% of their gold income to their church.
  • Some paladin abilities did not contain the words Sanctity, Divine, or Justice. This has been corrected.
  • All NPCs now have a 25% chance to Dodge right-clicks.
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty – Patch 1.4.11
  • Players who do not type “GG” before quitting a game will receive an automatic loss for bad manners.
  • To balance the issue of Zerg under-representation and Terran over-representation in the upper ladder brackets, the names of these two races have been switched. This should result in higher “Zerg” representation and lower “Terran” representation.
  • Due to lack of appreciation by players, the Mothership has been surgically altered to be sleeker and more visually appealing, and has been renamed to the Cougarship. The Cougarship will automatically gravitate toward enemy units that have been in play for 18-21 minutes and attempt to bring them back to the nearest friendly base.
  • The Ghost can no longer be produced. Once a Ghost’s progress bar is partially complete it will be postponed indefinitely.
  • Fixed a bug where Terran players were able to lose a game.