Export thread

Argh there go my saturday nights!

Ezeran

My favourite club is closing! And it's the only metal club in the city I live in, so now we're reduced to a fortnightly metal night in the local university's union that closes over summer.

Gah this is gutting met pretty much 90% of my non work mates there.

So now my choices are between 3 dance clubs and a hip hop club.........joy.

Anyone else have a favourite club they miss either through it closing or them moving?

Cajungal

Cajungal

I don't really go to clubs, but the bar where my boyfriend and I got together closed. I was sad about that. It was a really laid-back place, more enjoyable to hang out in than most. But the downtown area started going for more "classy" places (people prefer vomiting up martinis and mojitos now instead of beer... :eek:rly:). It was a bummer.

Hope you can find a new place to hang. Although this might give you some much-needed healing time for your eardrums. :p

RocketGirl

Anyone else have a favourite club they miss either through it closing or them moving?
Coffeeshops, yes...clubs, not so much. But I don't have a clue what I'd do if The Mercury ever closed its doors; that place is like my lifeline out here.

Soliloquy

I could never stand loud clubs. When I can't hear someone who's yelling directly into my ear, I have a hard time enjoying myself.

lando

The only thing constant about downtown Austin, other than the Alamo, is that if I enjoy going to a bar/dive to listen to music, it will shut down and be replaced. The best part is in my younger days I would buy shirts for places I used to frequent and now people ask me where that bar is that is of the shirt I'm wearing. Ah.. the nostalgia.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I got bummed when a cafe in my hometown got changed to a bar. They still serve coffee, but it's always gross and smoky in there now. It's a nice little venue for bands, though.

Ezeran

I got bummed when a cafe in my hometown got changed to a bar. They still serve coffee, but it's always gross and smoky in there now. It's a nice little venue for bands, though.
Joy of the uk, smoking ban means no smoke in clubs and bars which is brilliant for a non smoker for me.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Augh I would LOVE that... for this place, anyway. Normally, when I go to bars, I don't care about the smoke. Owners usually invest in a good-enough ventilation system that it doesn't really matter. But that one place is really old and tiny. It looks like fog in there it gets so thick! I have to shower 3 times after leaving!

Deschain

The gay club I usually visit on the weekends is closed. Now I have to stage my protests at the Planned Parenthood center instead, and it's much farther away.

LordRavage

CBGB's is still closed.

Man....now im in a bad mood. :(

Rob King

Rob King

I actually wish there was still smoking allowed at bars here. Something seems missing now that we have a ban.

Or at least allow smoking rooms or something, where owners can invest in amazing ventilation and you only have to smell it if you want to. But the law doesn't permit that ...

There was a bar in my hometown that I loved. Didn't go there that frequently, but when I started, it shut down. My favorite pizza place moved there, which I thought was cool, but the bar is still gone ...

Kitty Sinatra

Coffeeshops, yes...clubs, not so much. But I don't have a clue what I'd do if The Mercury ever closed its doors; that place is like my lifeline out here.[/QUOTE]
My Sanctuary turned into a Starbucks. :(

RocketGirl

Coffeeshops, yes...clubs, not so much. But I don't have a clue what I'd do if The Mercury ever closed its doors; that place is like my lifeline out here.[/quote]
My Sanctuary turned into a Starbucks. :([/QUOTE]

My coffeeshop--The Aurafice--is now a Stumptown. :(

Cajungal

Cajungal

Aurafice? Brilliant!

Oddbot

My favorite bar is closing down in a couple months. Gonna miss it. :(

Twitch

The gay club I usually visit on the weekends is closed. Now I have to stage my protests at the Planned Parenthood center instead, and it's much farther away.

Dusty668

Argh, using the show new posts button I thought I was clicking on "Argh there go my saturday nights!" and instead hit "Naked Cockatoo with Video"

I go to presoak my eyes and brain in bleach.

kthxbye

LordRendar

LordRendar

We have this little Club Area in Hamburg with 4 small but totally awsome Clubs where many little and unknown,but usually totally awesome bands perform,but the City is gonna put Train Pillars through the Clubs to support the Bridge Carrying the trains. :(