Ask me anything about myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

BoringMetaphor

Ask me anything even though you don't know me and I don't post.

dun dun dun

B

BoringMetaphor

i am resurrecting this because I am bored and working all day. Ask my anything! I am a Masters student studying Canadian history and I will be going on to do my PhD. I am also a military historian, and know excessive amounts about details of WW1 and WW2. My work actually deals with French Canadian history in the early 20th century.
If you are interested in Canadian military history, I have probably met/talked to a bunch of people you know of because of my job outside of school.
I am Canadian, obviously.
I like Risk, and most my interaction on this board is coming from playing online risk with some of you.
I am a quadruplet.
I lived in Germany for 10 months during uni.
I speak french and english.
I write short stories and poetry, neither of which is very good, but, as with many internet nerds, it is my secret passion. I even have unformed ideas for novels in my head but no time to write them!!
My life is basically filled with writing history essays. Which I very much enjoy.
One day I want to change the world.

Im writing an essay all day on the historical conception of Canada from 1896-1914 and how it has been contextualized by historians in the last thirty years.
Sooo.. I am here all day.

B

BoringMetaphor

Yeah I saw your post on that, I approve of anything which makes history seem more exciting.

B

BoringMetaphor

How many pages have you written today??

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

Thanks for asking BM

Not enough

B

BoringMetaphor

im actually up to having written 4 more pages, already having 12 written. Tomorrow im getting it edited and tuesday I am handing it in

Do or die!

---------- Post added at 07:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

Heres what I just wrote

[FONT=&quot]From within the country and without, French Canadians sought to resist those who wished to constrain their vision of French Canada in the new century. It interesting that even without considering the catastrophe of the First World War and French Canada, a picture still emerges of a society on the defensive. This period is not filled with unanswered questions or unresolved problems, as with English Canada, but of inevitability. At least with Levitt’s work, Quebec and French Canadians are depicted as fighting against a tide they cannot defeat. If it was compared to the constructed narrative of the histories, it reads almost like the denouement.[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.