Export thread

Ask Me Anything: The Random guy who posts has no no real "presence" Edition

kaykordeath

So yeah....I've been a semi-lurker around these parts for who knows how long...however many incarnations of this community...and I've really come to appreciate having a place to turn to and just be a part of a group of like minded people, even if I don't say much. I've spent a lot of time in a number of different online communities going back close to 15 years now, and am happy to have found a sort of home...so I figured as much as I've gotten to "know" some of you, I'd go forth and get you to know me...

So here goes...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Why now? Why us?

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Get an avatar, punk!

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

*smacks Jelly in the back of the head with a metal bat*

That was NOT in the form of a question!

kaykordeath

Why now? Why us?
Now: Been finding myslef missing being a part of a group. It's been a couple of years since I was a vocal active part of something. And outside of family, I don't have any real social support/network going on for me. And while I got somewhat too involved before, I've always felt comfortable here.

Us: Surprised myself a bit, but realized I was starting to care about/think about the regulars here more and more. And wanting to offer up my own voice and really just be "one of the crowd."

And sure, avatar forthcoming...

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

*smacks Jelly in the back of the head with a metal bat*

That was NOT in the form of a question!
Ooouch. All right, all right!

Get an avatar, punk?

EDIT:

And sure, avatar forthcoming...
Oh, it worked anyways!

Kitty Sinatra

Oh! I got a couple questions!

Subway or Quiznos?

XKCD or that bullshit comic with no jokes that I can't remember the name for?

Do you still read PvP? (And did you notice that I'm assuming you did at one time in the past?)

kaykordeath

Oh! I got a couple questions!

Subway or Quiznos?
All things being equal, Quiznos. But Subway is typically closer and more convenient. That and by the office, there's a Lenny's (local chain?) next door to Subway that I much more prefer...but they all take a back seat to any local deli or corner bodega.

XKCD or that bullshit comic with no jokes that I can't remember the name for?
XKCD

Do you still read PvP? (And did you notice that I'm assuming you did at one time in the past?)
I do. But mostly because it's still in my RSS feed. Hard to say if I was still bouncing site to site if I'd keep at it.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

*looks at kay's new avatar*

Allen's mobster relative? :bush:

kaykordeath

*looks at kay's new avatar*

Allen's mobster relative? :bush:
Not quite. Bit of a penguin collector (mostly thanks to my wife believing I walk like one) as well as a minor comic book geek...so the combination seemed appropriate it.

General Specific

General Specific

So, i guess it falls to me to ask the most obvious question: Cake or death?

kaykordeath

Clearly cake......covered in bees....

And yeah yeah, it's a lie and all that...