Export thread

Attention whore forum: Newest Gun

Twitch

Got my newest gun about an hour ago. Not that most care, but hell, I figured I would post a couple pics from the site that advertised it.

The trigger pull is like dragging a truck with your finger. It's an M1895 made in 1928 in the Tula armory. I payed a bit more for this piece because of the C.C.C.P stamp. It's a classic seven-shooter and this model is a double action.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Very nice!

Philosopher B.

I don't know much about guns but that looks fuckin' sweet bro.

Calleja

Calleja

Oooh, does that little cannon below the big one mean it also shoots BBs? pew pew!

Twitch

Oooh, does that little cannon below the big one mean it also shoots BBs? pew pew!
That's the ejector rod it...........

It fires BB's.

Deschain

This was the revolver they used to execute Nicholas the II. It was going to be used by Trotsky's assassin because he was discovered. Also, Hitler committed suicide using it and Archduke Franz Ferdinand was assassinated by one. Oh, and Lee Harvey Oswald was found to be carrying one before Jack Ruby shot him, with one bullet missing.

Also Lincoln's autospy revealed two 7.62x38R bullets embedded in his skull, one behind his right eye.

Calleja

Calleja

No BBs, though?

Deschain

BB's optional, they're loaded in the breech and fired at the same time.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh man, that gun sounds AWESOME

Twitch

Interestingly enough one of the things Deschain said is probably true. Nicholas II was executed by men with revolvers and this would have been standard issue.

Calleja

Calleja

Wasn't Trotsky killed with an ice pick.... here in Mexico?

Twitch

Wasn't Trotsky killed with an ice pick.... here in Mexico?
Yes he was. Everything except the Nicholas thing that Deschain said is a lie. But, this particular gun was made the year Trotsky was exiled from Russia.

Calleja

Calleja

Trotsky lived for a while in Diego Rivera (famous painter/muralist) and his wife's (Frida Kahlo, antoher famous painter) house... supposedly Trotsky and Kahlo had an affair, so Rivera kicked him out.

I've been to that house, it's a museum now. A friend lives right by near it. Nice neighborhood.

Deschain

Look up the facts Twitch. Don't preach your revisionist bullshit at me.

Twitch

Look up the facts Twitch. Don't preach your revisionist bullshit at me.
Oh yes, I forgot, a time traveling Lee Harvey Oswald took Princip's 1910 and gave him the 1895 instead.

Deschain

Don't forget the man whose revolvers failed to kill Andrew Jackson was also using 1895's.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I just picked up a Taurus Judge a few weeks ago, the trigger feels smooth but it kicks like a mule. I love it.

Twitch

I just picked up a Taurus Judge a few weeks ago, the trigger feels smooth but it kicks like a mule. I love it.
Someone was picking one of those up that day.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Say hello to my personal favourite:

RK 95 TP assault rifle, 30-round mag, fold-in butt; single-, semi-automatic and fully automatic settings. Maximum range 300 metres; effective range 150 metres. Can also be used to fire rifle grenades. Standard issue Finnish Defense Force.

I don't own one personally (only single-shot available for civilians), but I liked it when I was in the service.

Twitch

Oh, I thought they still issued the M28 Mosin.
Edit: And you mean semi-auto, right?

rabbitgod

Trotsky lived for a while in Diego Rivera (famous painter/muralist) and his wife's (Frida Kahlo, antoher famous painter) house... supposedly Trotsky and Kahlo had an affair, so Rivera kicked him out.

I've been to that house, it's a museum now. A friend lives right by near it. Nice neighborhood.
It is a pretty nice house and makes a convenient museum. The neighborhood is pretty nice too.

I've never been to Trotskys museum in Coyoacan. It's always kind of out of the way.

Oh, uh, that is a sweet gun.

doomdragon6

doomdragon6

That's the ejector rod it...........

It fires BB's.[/QUOTE]

Had me rollin'. :rofl:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Man, it's been so long that I don't even remember the last purchase I made.

I think my last purchase was an Iver-Johnson .38 S&W which was purchased solely for sentimental reasons.
It has already been stolen once and then returned almost a decade later (after the trial was completed).

--Patrick

Chibibar

all I want is a MP5 :) (I love that gun) civilian model is only semi-auto but hey.. only 5 grand last I check a while back. I haven't shop for one cause I can't afford it. My first pistol will be Glock 9mm (not the BB model ;) )

Twitch

Man, it's been so long that I don't even remember the last purchase I made.

I think my last purchase was an Iver-Johnson .38 S&W which was purchased solely for sentimental reasons.
It has already been stolen once and then returned almost a decade later (after the trial was completed).

--Patrick
Your gun loves the taste of the blood of Politicians.
all I want is a MP5 :) (I love that gun) civilian model is only semi-auto but hey.. only 5 grand last I check a while back. I haven't shop for one cause I can't afford it. My first pistol will be Glock 9mm (not the BB model ;) )
I have three glocks and I'm happy with them all.

CrimsonSoul

CrimsonSoul

I have the Judge I mentioned earlier, a taurus 24/7 Pro .40 that I carry daily when I'm out of the house, and a Walther .22 because the ammo is cheap and it's fun to shoot.

Twitch

I've got the Glock 32,33, and 26, the 1895, an M44 Carbine, AR15, and a Remington 870.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Twitch, the M28 Mosin-Nagant, known in Finnish army slang as "pystykorva" ('Spitz', as in 'Finnish Spitz') was a WWII era gun. Certainly you don't think we're using antiquated equipment, do you?

The M28 hasn't been in use in decades. The RK 95 is actually a replaced of an earlier assault rifle, the RK 62 (from 1962). The only Mosin variant in use is a modern Mosin design and Valmet-manufactured 7.62 Tkiv 85 sniper rifle.

Rob King

Rob King

The only real firearm I have ever used.

It was cadet camp. I sucked hardcore, but I like to think if I had another chance, I'd do better.

Twitch

Twitch, the M28 Mosin-Nagant, known in Finnish army slang as "pystykorva" ('Spitz', as in 'Finnish Spitz') was a WWII era gun. Certainly you don't think we're using antiquated equipment, do you?

The M28 hasn't been in use in decades. The RK 95 is actually a replaced of an earlier assault rifle, the RK 62 (from 1962). The only Mosin variant in use is a modern Mosin design and Valmet-manufactured 7.62 Tkiv 85 sniper rifle.[/QUOTE]
I know. If there's one firearm I like to think I know, it's the mosin and variants. The M28 was used by Simo Häyhä, I was just wondering if you'd remember that.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

The M28 hasn't been in use in decades. The RK 95 is actually a replaced of an earlier assault rifle, the RK 62 (from 1962). The only Mosin variant in use is a modern Mosin design and Valmet-manufactured 7.62 Tkiv 85 sniper rifle.[/QUOTE]
I know. If there's one firearm I like to think I know, it's the mosin and variants. The M28 was used by Simo Häyhä, I was just wondering if you'd remember that.[/QUOTE]

The greatest sniper in the history of mankind. /thread.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I know. If there's one firearm I like to think I know, it's the mosin and variants. The M28 was used by Simo Häyhä, I was just wondering if you'd remember that.[/QUOTE]

The greatest sniper in the history of mankind. /thread.[/QUOTE]

?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Ash, the Soviets had special troops set up just to kill Simo Häyhä. They fuckin' blew half his face off and he still went on pepperin' them in the war.

Your pirate sniper makes snowball's chance in Hell look good.

And Twitch... yes, I remembered that. But then again, Simo Häyhä was a frickin' badass. If Simo Häyhä, Chuck Norris and Mako teamed up, every villain in the universe would die out of sudden bout of s*itting their pants.

Twitch

Ash, the Soviets had special troops set up just to kill Simo Häyhä. They fuckin' blew half his face off and he still went on pepperin' them in the war.

And Twitch... yes, I remembered that. But then again, Simo Häyhä was a frickin' badass. If Simo Häyhä, Chuck Norris and Mako teamed up, every villain in the universe would die out of sudden bout of s*itting their pants.
I assume that Finland has his DNA stored away for when cloning is possible so they can conquer the world with an army of immortal men.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I have no idea what you're talking about, Twitch.

Punainen koodi, punainen koodi. Projekti Perseenpotkija vaarannettu. Aloittakaa likvidointi.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

... it's The End, from Metal Gear Solid 3. Father of Modern Sniping? It's a joke... one you obviously didn't get.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I still say Häyhä would have made him a smoking corpse on the snow and then eaten his parrot :p

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I still say Häyhä would have made him a smoking corpse on the snow and then eaten his parrot :p
Considering The End was 100+ years old, and you could literally beat him by saving during the battle with him and setting your PS2's clock ahead 2 weeks (thus causing him to die of OLD AGE), I'd imagine that's probably possible.

And yes, you could shot and eat his parrot. Doing this during the battle pisses him off greatly.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Considering The End was 100+ years old, and you could literally beat him by saving during the battle with him and setting your PS2's clock ahead 2 weeks (thus causing him to die of OLD AGE), I'd imagine that's probably possible.

And yes, you could shot and eat his parrot. Doing this during the battle pisses him off greatly.[/QUOTE]

It also robs him of his spotter. The End uses the parrot to spot where you are in the area.

You may already know this Ash, I'm just putting that tidbit of information out there.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

And yes, you could shot and eat his parrot. Doing this during the battle pisses him off greatly.[/QUOTE]

It also robs him of his spotter. The End uses the parrot to spot where you are in the area.

You may already know this Ash, I'm just putting that tidbit of information out there.[/QUOTE]

LOL, Seriously? I never realized the Parrot was the spotter, but it makes absolute sense. I mean, why else would he bring it into battle?

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

You may already know this Ash, I'm just putting that tidbit of information out there.[/QUOTE]

LOL, Seriously? I never realized the Parrot was the spotter, but it makes absolute sense. I mean, why else would he bring it into battle?[/QUOTE]

The End was making shots that were impossible from his position. Unless, of course, he had a spotter to show him where I was hiding. Eva's mention of his connection with the forest gave away the most vital clue; that his connection also extended to the animals as it did to the plants. And what better connection would he have than the animal he always kept by his side?
After disposing of the parrot by either killing or capturing it, The End was very easy to stalk.

Paramedic also expresses incredulity that the parrot was there in the first place, since that species of parrot is not native to the region.

No matter, however, I became so proficient at that game, that at the second playthrough I was able to kill The End as the soldier was wheeling him away. With my M1911A1.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

LOL, Seriously? I never realized the Parrot was the spotter, but it makes absolute sense. I mean, why else would he bring it into battle?[/QUOTE]

The End was making shots that were impossible from his position. Unless, of course, he had a spotter to show him where I was hiding. Eva's mention of his connection with the forest gave away the most vital clue; that his connection also extended to the animals as it did to the plants. And what better connection would he have than the animal he always kept by his side?
After disposing of the parrot by either killing or capturing it, The End was very easy to stalk.

Paramedic also expresses incredulity that the parrot was there in the first place, since that species of parrot is not native to the region.

No matter, however, I became so proficient at that game, that at the second playthrough I was able to kill The End as the soldier was wheeling him away. With my M1911A1.[/QUOTE]

I don't do that, because I actually like the Mosin Nagant rifle you get from him.

Calleja

Calleja

Are you sure? I thought Hayha recuperated after the War was over, and although he did get better he didn't go back to war... he died at like 95 just a few years ago, no?

Twitch

Are you sure? I thought Hayha recuperated after the War was over, and although he did get better he didn't go back to war... he died at like 95 just a few years ago, no?[/QUOTE]
He came out of his coma on the day the treaty was signed. I'm not sure this stopped the man though.

Calleja

Calleja

What War did he participate in afterwards? I'd heard he became a hunter and farmer or something.

Twitch

What War did he participate in afterwards? I'd heard he became a hunter and farmer or something.
Oh, that's what they want you to think. Legend has it that every year around Winter time (Which is all year) Russians could be found dead all across the Soviet Union.