Export thread

Audio Productions - Podcasts, Series, Etc

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I could have sword there was a thread for this medium already, but anyway.

I was never really one for podcasts up until a few years ago when I started walking to work. I've enjoyed audiobooks, but for whatever reason, podcasts and the light never really grabbed me. The closest was the Night Vale series, but I lost interest in that after about half a dozen episodes.

In the last few years, thought, there's a few I've enjoyed:

-Pod Meets World - Hosted by Danielle Fishel, Will Friedle, and Rider Strong of Boy Meets World fame. BMW is one of my all-time favourite shows, even though I'll admit it's flawed and dated at times. I love how they've pulled back the curtain on production, with a lot of great anecdotes from their time. They've had great guests, too. Not just co-stars or guest stars, but people behind the scenes, like writers, directors, casting, sound, costumes, etc.

-Factually - Honestly, if you're a fan of Adam Conover's past work like Adam Ruins Everything, you'll enjoy this like I do. I don't watch this one as religiously, but I enjoy it.

-Save Your Game - An adventure game podcast, hosted by Matt Aucamp and Pushing Up Roses. I honestly mostly just tuned in for Pushing Up Roses, but I enjoy their banter. I've bought a few games based on their discussions. Although if they do a deep-dive full episode on a game that I want to play for myself, I'll skip that episode.

I've also enjoyed some fiction podcasts as well.

Nicki Fix's Time Mix - I listened to this one a year or two ago and really enjoyed it. It's blatantly inspired by Back to the Future, but for today's day and age. It's time travel story involving a group of teenagers in a band trying to save an old skating rink by putting on a show. The titular Nicki Fix is the leader singer and guitarist who finds a guitar that can travel through time. Rather than the 50s, they go back to the 90s. Some of the writing feels a little "old person trying to write teenagers," like how they react to being unable to connect to the internet on their phones. But it's still a fun romp.

Dream Sequence - Basically the whole reason I made this thread, as I just started listening to this. It's a horror audio series from Blumhouse Studio about a science project that can listen in on someone's dreams...only there's more to it than that. The first episode is only about 12 minutes long, but it's an amazing hook. I can't wait to listen to more when I have the time.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I could have sword there was a thread for this medium already, but anyway.
Pretty sure Yoshi made a "Podcasts Puhoy" thread?
Yeah, here it is.

--Patrick

Far

Far

I feel like I'm in a weird place with podcasts cause the only one I actually consume at all is Conan O'Brian Needs a Friend and I don't even listen to it in the traditional way, I watch the clips they put on youtube.

Dave

Dave

I feel like I'm in a weird place with podcasts cause the only one I actually consume at all is Conan O'Brian Needs a Friend and I don't even listen to it in the traditional way, I watch the clips they put on youtube.
I have the Conan O'Brian channel on my Sirius XM as a preset. Fucking love Conan.