Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So, who won?

Dave

Dave

I ain't telling.

Eriol

Eriol

Ya, we all want to know how much Tin waxed us all by. For God's sake, his stuff mostly looks like it could be on food network! I maybe posted 1 or 2 things that might qualify, but most of his stuff fits that category!

He's nuts!

In a good way nuts? hehe. I dunno.

drifter

drifter

I ain't telling.
So someone already won? It was those goddamn dino nuggets, wasn't it?

Dave

Dave

I'm waiting on 1 guy to tell me which one he picked. It'll make a difference between which entry won it.

Docseverin

Docseverin

Had I posted pictures of MRE's would I have stood a chance?

Krisken

Krisken

Had I posted pictures of MRE's would I have stood a chance?
You would have gotten the 'support the troops' vote for sure! :)

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Whoever got to eat the entries

Null

Null

And you know, even with the good eats I've lost like 25 lbs over the last few months ;)
Brag, brag, brag.

Dave

Dave

Okay, the winner of the contest is....Tinwhistler! Not really much of a surprise, but it wasn't a run-away like it was forming up to be.

The winning entry:

Tin's frozen yogurt and fresh fruit in a hand-made tri-color chocolate shell garnished with Piroulines. Some comments from the judges (people around the office):

"This guy has too much time on his hands."
"Holy shit! Some dude just did this at his house?!?"

Second place:

This one might surprise some people, but Drifter pulls out 2nd place and damned near won the whole thing with his steak sushi. Personally I think he got screwed as a few of the judges must have be here on Halforums somewhere. You'll know what I mean when you read their comments.

Some comments from the judges:

"The steak looks a little undercooked." (Note: This person is an idiot. That steak is cooked M/MR and is perfect!!)
"Sushi? Not a fan. But it looks great!"
"Is this guy a chef somewhere? I swear this looks better than the Top Chef stuff."

So Drifter comes very, very close but Tin pulls it out with his first entry. Congrats to Tin!

Dave

Dave

It was basically those two people who lost it for Drifter. Seriously those two dishes were #1 & #2 on everyone's lists - except for those two.

Krisken

Krisken

Hah, I knew it. If it is any consolation to Drifter, I would eat that dish any time.

Congrats Tin! Those strawberries look great.

Dave

Dave

Krisken, when did you change your name & avatar? You confused the shit out of me! If it weren't for your blog links I wouldn't have known you!

drifter

drifter

You win this round Tinwhistler! *shakes fist*

Seriously though, congratulations!

Krisken

Krisken

Krisken, when did you change your name & avatar? You confused the shit out of me! If it weren't for your blog links I wouldn't have known you!
Mua ha ha! I am sneaky!

Seriously, I think about 2 hours ago.

drifter

drifter

Hey Dave, did anybody have anything to say, good or bad, about my chocolate bacon caramels?

Dave

Dave

The biggest reaction was, "Ew." Bacon & chocolate did not excite the judges.

drifter

drifter

:(

drifter

drifter

:D

Wahad

Wahad

Congratulations to Tin, and (consolations?) to Drifter.

You guys had better be prepared for a comeback with a vengeance next time there's one of these, though.

drifter

drifter

Pfft. Spun sugar. Baby tricks for local yokels! If there's another food contest, I will blow your freaking mind!
I mean, I'll still lose,but it'll blow your freaking mind! :)

Eriol

Eriol

I'm wondering if I should even TRY if this happens again. Props to the winner(s) as they do look awesome, but just wondering here. My skillz are not THAT 7331 by a longshot. At least not yet...

Hylian

Hylian

Congrats Tinwhistler! :thumbsup:

papachronos

laep

Might have to try replicating that tonight, I have a tri-tip roast just waiting to be devoured. Love the Kawasaki rose in the center, too, nice touch - would have been awesome made from nori.

Though the steak looks a bit too done for my taste.

drifter

drifter

Ooh, Kawasaki onigiri! I doubt the nori would hold up to all the folds, but that would be cool.