Export thread

Back in the saddle again :-)

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Yup, I'm back in the saddle again. I'm coming back out of my shell. This is after finally getting past the fallout from the previous girl (we both talked to our graduate advisors because it had gotten THAT ugly and guess what? Turned out I hadn't really done anything wrong).

So I'm kinda/sorta starting to date this incredibly sweet girl who lives on the same property as me. We've been friends since summer. Since a lot of the residents at our property moved out over winter break (they were mostly exchange students who only signed on for one semester) the remaining residents have gotten closer. A long time ago, when I told her I wouldn't want to date The Psycho ever again, she could barely suppress a grin. She agreed to be my date to a Valentine's Day party because she knew The Psycho was gonna be there with her own date. It went swimmingly; she immediately hit it off with several of my chick friends and it was the only Valentine's Day I'd actually enjoyed. And damn she can look good when she tries to. Seriously, it was like that moment in those 80s teen flicks when the plain-looking girl who is now hot as hell walks into the room. She was all smiles the next day and we just went hiking up Diamond Head with a group earlier today. We've basically been doing a lot more stuff together.

But here's a bit of a problem. I'm leaving Hawaii after this semester. I've been accepted in Texas A&M and will be transferring for Fall 2010. She knows that. I just want to keep things casual and low-key. On the other hand, I owe her SOMETHING for what she did on Valentine's Day. Any suggestions?

Wow, it's so nice asking for girl advice that doesn't involve damage control.

phil

phil

Yup, I'm back in the saddle again. I'm coming back out of my shell. This is after finally getting past the fallout from the previous girl (we both talked to our graduate advisors because it had gotten THAT ugly and guess what? Turned out I hadn't really done anything wrong).

So I'm kinda/sorta starting to date this incredibly sweet girl who lives on the same property as me. We've been friends since summer. Since a lot of the residents at our property moved out over winter break (they were mostly exchange students who only signed on for one semester) the remaining residents have gotten closer. A long time ago, when I told her I wouldn't want to date The Psycho ever again, she could barely suppress a grin. She agreed to be my date to a Valentine's Day party because she knew The Psycho was gonna be there with her own date. It went swimmingly; she immediately hit it off with several of my chick friends and it was the only Valentine's Day I'd actually enjoyed. And damn she can look good when she tries to. Seriously, it was like that moment in those 80s teen flicks when the plain-looking girl who is now hot as hell walks into the room. She was all smiles the next day and we just went hiking up Diamond Head with a group earlier today. We've basically been doing a lot more stuff together.

But here's a bit of a problem. I'm leaving Hawaii after this semester. I've been accepted in Texas A&M and will be transferring for Fall 2010. She knows that. I just want to keep things casual and low-key. On the other hand, I owe her SOMETHING for what she did on Valentine's Day. Any suggestions?

Wow, it's so nice asking for girl advice that doesn't involve damage control.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Are you into long distance relationships? For some people, they can work, for other people they can't.

phil

phil

Are you into long distance relationships? For some people, they can work, for other people they can't.

Not to reply with another video but...

Long distance relationships don't really work because eventually someone has to move. I mean, if you're only going to be in Texas for a year or two...maybe? But if you're moving to Texas and she has NO intention of moving to Texas than save yourself the trouble.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

No, I'm not into long distance relationships because in my experience they're a terrible, terrible idea. She has no intention of moving to Texas and I'll be there for at least two or three years. What I'm wondering is how I can make these last several months in Hawaii great and end on a high note.

darkangel6988

No, I'm not into long distance relationships because in my experience they're a terrible, terrible idea. She has no intention of moving to Texas and I'll be there for at least two or three years. What I'm wondering is how I can make these last several months in Hawaii great and end on a high note.
I'm an army wife and met my husband online and did a whollllllllllllle lot of distance..........Been married now 4 years and he's in school in Arizona and i'm in Montreal canada and I agree i'ts a terrible experience you must have complete devotion and some days are absolutely ridiculously horrible and the fights that happen from being apart are so damn stupid and retarded. I wouldn't recommend long distance unless your in love to the point of marrying the person and can hack dealing with the ups and downs and roller coster rides that come with it......cuz everyday is a new day with another issue and the more you begin to miss one another the more irritable every situation becomes .........Just my opionion

Oh I quoted this to agree with the terrible experience part. Ok that 's all i got!

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Oh and to add.........COngrats for being back in the saddle again ....That part is awesome !

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Cunnilingus

Chazwozel

Cunnilingus

Why on Earth am I starting to like you more and more?

And what's with this Gene Autry shit?

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Wow, you people always know exactly what to say. What's your midichlorian count?

Seriously though, what she did on Valentine's Day was incredibly awesome. Otherwise I would've shown up alone and The Psycho probably would've accused me of "keeping tabs" or whatever. Instead I showed up with a lovely date, had a great time, and was able to say goodbye to one of my friends (it was also a going-away party). I should do something special for her but I can't think of anything. I'd like to do something nice, but not too serious because that will just make things worse when I leave.

Chazwozel

darkangel6988

Wow, you people always know exactly what to say. What's your midichlorian count?

Seriously though, what she did on Valentine's Day was incredibly awesome. Otherwise I would've shown up alone and The Psycho probably would've accused me of "keeping tabs" or whatever. Instead I showed up with a lovely date, had a great time, and was able to say goodbye to one of my friends (it was also a going-away party). I should do something special for her but I can't think of anything. I'd like to do something nice, but not too serious because that will just make things worse when I leave.
If I was her I would just wanna do something fun with you....Cunnilingus works lmao !
No but seriously ......Take her to a chick flick and somewhere she likes most......whatever her favorite restaurant or hot spot is. Women like to choose. Just a thought. And that isn't too serious either it's more like just a fun day and it will be special because ur there......and well....

The cunnilingus will enhance specialness hehehe!

Soliloquy

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Hmmmm... are there any chick flicks in theaters right now? I was thinking about waiting for How To Train Your Dragon next month because she likes the Pixar/Dreamworks CGI films.

phil

phil

It's going to be difficult and awkward going down on her in a movie theater. Try renting one instead.

bhamv3

bhamv3

Valentines Day is a chick flick, but it sucks.

Does she have a preferred type of movie? My girlfriend, for example, has a thing for horror films.

Chazwozel

Cunnilingus
Colonel Angus?[/QUOTE]

This is why you have no girlfriend. lol!

darkangel6988

Hmmmm... are there any chick flicks in theaters right now? I was thinking about waiting for How To Train Your Dragon next month because she likes the Pixar/Dreamworks CGI films.
That sounds pretty good since she's into that kinda stuff........Valentine's day looks romantic cheesy like if she likes that sort of thing ! I'd just keep it simple and have a blast!

Chazwozel

Dear-fucking-John is in the theaters. I had to sit through that bullshit of a movie last week.

darkangel6988

Dear-fucking-John is in the theaters. I had to sit through that bullshit of a movie last week.[/QUOTE]

I hear that is pure torture......Then again maybe i was told that becuz my hubby is away hmmmm.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Obviously you guys have some common interests, I'm sure there is something she like more than you that you can do.

Take her out for lunch (lunch dates are more friendy rather than datey) as a thankyou then an activity she likes. Maybe she really likes new super mario brothers but your a brawl kinda guy. Or yknow non geeky stuff.

As long as she knows your going away then she is probably just looking for the same thing as you, a great time and a memory of a relationship that didnt end in tradgedy,yeha itll be sad when you leave but not so much unexpected or heart breaking.

Also cunninglus, not as a thankyou but a regular activity is my thoughts. Of course then she will have to return that favour.....thus creating a loop of orgasms and oral sex.

JCM

Sign yourself and the girl for some dance classes (preferably tango or salsa).

Calleja

Calleja

I this case I think it's perfectly acceptable to actually ASK her what she'd want to do as a thank you. Seriously.. "Hey, I had an awesome time on Valentine's, you were awesome, thank you for doing that... tell you what, as a thank you you get to decide what we do for a whole day, anything you want, your call."

It'll be fun for her to think of something she really wants to do and you both repay the favor and gain cute-points.

Chazwozel

Sign yourself and the girl for some dance classes (preferably tango or salsa).
Tango! I hate salsa, too much stomping in place!

Baerdog

Baerdog

^ God, this.

Swing is another fun one, with fewer romantic overtones as tango if that's something that matters to you.

Chad Sexington

Garbledina

Man I love swing dancing. Go with swing dancing.

Plus you can make so many double entrendre 'swinging' jokes until your friends hate you.

Not that I did that.

Dieb

Dieb

I this case I think it's perfectly acceptable to actually ASK her what she'd want to do as a thank you. Seriously.. "Hey, I had an awesome time on Valentine's, you were awesome, thank you for doing that... tell you what, as a thank you you get to decide what we do for a whole day, anything you want, your call."

It'll be fun for her to think of something she really wants to do and you both repay the favor and gain cute-points.
This.

Also, I was in a similar situation once. The last two months of senior year of college, I dated a sophmore, when we both knew I was moving away afterword while she was not. It was one of the best relationships I've had, actually, I'm still friends with her and we talk fairly regularly.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Man I love swing dancing. Go with swing dancing.

Plus you can make so many double entrendre 'swinging' jokes until your friends hate you.

Not that I did that.
Heh, give me an example of one of those "swinging jokes."

She's not into cheesy romances at all (good on her). She mostly likes the movies I like aside from the war films. Anyways, I'll ask her what she wants to do. Should I include cunnilingus in my initial offer or surprise her later on?

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Do boys not buy girls flowers anymore? I suppose since they have met, you could always ask you ex for advice.

Soliloquy

Cunnilingus
Colonel Angus?[/QUOTE]

This is why you have no girlfriend. lol![/QUOTE]

I was wondering why that was.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Do boys not buy girls flowers anymore? I suppose since they have met, you could always ask you ex for advice.
They aren't exactly pre-adolescent children ya know. But I guess with a perspective as aged as yours, they might as well be.

Old man.

Cajungal

Cajungal

No, they don't. :( Especially not daisies. But in the end, it's hard to justify buying a plant that you're just gonna watch die for a week or so.

Calleja

Calleja

I got my ex potted flowers, never cut ones. I've always had an issue with giving plant genitalia as gifts, but making it DYING plant genitalia is just too gruesome for me.

Kitty Sinatra

No, they don't. :( Especially not daisies.
Some of us do.

Though not daisies. I refuse to give daisies. I was once dumped by a girl named Daisy.

makare

I love getting flowers. Tulips and chrysanthemums are my favorite cut and dahlias are my favorite potted.

Mm flowers.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I suppose since they have met, you could always ask you ex for advice.
Hee hee ha ha ha ha ha haa...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I got my ex potted flowers, never cut ones. I've always had an issue with giving plant genitalia as gifts, but making it DYING plant genitalia is just too gruesome for me.
I saw these female parts of a plant and I thought about you.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I suppose since they have met, you could always ask you ex for advice.
No. No no no. NO. Absolutment non. If you'd been browsing the boards over the past couple months you'd know the ex and I are NOT on good terms. Gross misinterpretation of social cues on both our parts, combined with persistent and unavoidable contact (same friends, same campus, same class hall) contributed to a train wreck by every definition. By the way, the two of them never even spoke to each other at the party but it was obvious they didn't like each other. Perhaps some of you might have some advice on how to get two girls to fight in a tub of pudding? Haha I kid.

And I don't buy flowers because very few girls I know actually want them. I did get her a box of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts for Valentine's Day, though, and they were very well received.

Kitty Sinatra

And I don't buy flowers because very few girls I know actually want them.
Don't believe those who say they don't want them.

darkangel6988

And I don't buy flowers because very few girls I know actually want them.
Don't believe those who say they don't want them.[/QUOTE]

I agree lol !!!!!!

Perhaps a Edible Arrangement would be the better gift......I've always wanted an edible arrangement!

makare

Who doesn't want flowers? All the girls I know love getting them. Well, unless they have gotten them so often for every conceivable special occasion that they have become perfunctory instead of special.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Women like to not say what they mean to men, as a test. No, you don't have to get me a Valentine's (OK BUB, no chocolates... no chance.) No, I don't like flowers as a gift (I die a little each time you forget flowers for major occasions.)

Men are so clueless we miss what is going on in the thought bubbles.

makare

It's not a test. It's a desperate attempt not to seem "needy" or "whiny" or god forbid, "spoiled". The woman says, that's ok I don't want something. Not because she really doesn't want something or to test the guy, but because she doesn't want him to think she expects too much. But she can't help but WANT to be appreciated and recognized, so gets upset about him not thinking of her even though it is her own fault he did what he did.

Those holidays, like valentines, where the expectation to GET a gift is so great really affect women. They don't want to ruin the validity and specialness of a gift by having too much expectation but there is this great pressure (you know from other women and whole women's media apparatus) that ties up a woman's worth in what she can get from the guy in her life. Love isn't love unless he shows it and he has to show it in this specific way. Women know that's bullshit but it is hard to ignore the look of pity women get from their girlfriends after the question, "what did he get you for Valentine's day?" is followed by, "Nothing actually." "Oh," "But BUT I told him I didn't want anything!" "Sure, ya did honey."

So don't attribute to maliciousness what is actually the product of confusion and pressure.
That's my little rant.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

So honesty does not matter?

makare

What do you mean?

Cajungal

Cajungal

^Gotta agree with some of that, makare. It's hard for me to ask for anything without feeling bratty or something. I don't have trouble dealing with women who give those judgmental looks at that sort of situation. I've had to justify usually going dutch to most of my girl friends, even though it was my idea. Really, my girly wishes for flowers and whatnot are constantly at war with my practicality.

makare

As long as someone is happy in a relationship I don't see why things like that matter. The only time I have ever told someone something negative that I thought of their relationship based on gift giving was a friend of mine whose boyfriend said to her something like "what the *expletive deleted* makes you think you deserve me to buy you anything?" when she asked why he didn't get her anything for her birthday. Even then though there were other things seriously wrong with that relationship and he was generally an abusive ass.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Honestly *is* important, but for most women, the truth IS that they'd prefer to be grateful for the good men they have and their own gestures of love--whether or not they're precisely what the girl wants. I have a guy who's very generous and sweet; I'd rather focus on that than the iota of my brain that, for some reason, likes pretty, unnecessary things. Most people will hide a small truth that they find unimportant rather than risk belittling all the wonderful things a person does or making them feel like they're not doing enough when they are. I know for a fact that he's done the same sort of thing to spare my feelings.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

Until this Valentine's Day I'd never had someone to celebrate it with, so I never needed to buy a present. But I had somebody this time, remembered to get something, and her face lit up so much when she saw the chocolates.

And while I might be new to relationships, I know enough to never forget a girl's birthday present. And they all say I have a knack for finding the best gifts. Not necessarily the most expensive, cheapest, most practical, most fun, or longest lasting, but the BEST. You know what I mean? Unfortunately, this girl's birthday is in the Fall so I'll be in Texas by then.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know what you mean! *waves arms* ^_^ When you know someone really well, you can find the perfect thing, and it has nothing to do with price or practicality.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

The ladies do raise a very valid point, gift giving is also very much about how you give the gift as opposed to what you give.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Wow, you put it a lot more neatly than I did... but yeah. Even a really weird gift can represent a great deal of love and thought.

makare

I would rather have that quirky gift that shows he knows me than the expensive perfunctory gift that shows he went shopping.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Man... I'd love to post a pic if I had it on my comp... One time the fella spent half an afternoon digging "I love you, Les'" out of that Super Mario 2 sand that you had to dig out of to get through some levels. It was so adorable... Talk about quirky and extremely sweet.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

You wanna know something about my presents? I wrap them myself so they're genuinely MAN-WRAPPED. The paper is wrinkled and repeatedly folded over because I always use too much. All that's missing is a bungee cord instead of tape to hold it together. At least it's easy to pick my present out of a pile :).

Cajungal

Cajungal

:laugh: That's cute.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Women like to not say what they mean to men, as a test. No, you don't have to get me a Valentine's (OK BUB, no chocolates... no chance.) No, I don't like flowers as a gift (I die a little each time you forget flowers for major occasions.)

You have a promising future as every shitty standup comedian of the last 20 years

Baerdog

Baerdog

And what is the deal with airline food?

Chibibar

heh. I gave my wife an umbrella samurai sword, a heart warmer toy, and iphone pen. She love the heart :) It is not the monetary value of the gift, it is the meaning behind it :)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

You have a promising future as every shitty standup comedian of the last 20 years[/QUOTE]

Gee, I am so sorry that I don't please you... I'll leave your little corner of the world wide web forever. And I better hurry too before you bring in your little "me too" army.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

Men aren't all clueless, Women aren't all manipulative. That's what I mean. Reducing genders down to those stupid stereotypes demeans us all!

makare

Men aren't all clueless, Women aren't all manipulative. That's what I mean. Reducing genders down to those stupid stereotypes demeans us all!

mhmm

Jake

Jake

I would rather have that quirky gift that shows he knows me than the expensive perfunctory gift that shows he went shopping.
View attachment 340.

Attachments

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

View attachment 340.[/QUOTE]

^^^ This + 100. I actually have a dick in a box around the house somewhere. Was a costume for a party last year, although I may have to find it for the girls birthday :p
Also cunninglingus should be on the intial offer. Twice!

Kitty Sinatra

And what is the deal with airline food?
I really couldn't tell ya.