Export thread

Band of Brothers Vets

Dave

Dave

Have you ever found out about an event that you could have attended but didn't hear about it until it was too late?

http://www.omaha.com/article/20091206/NEWS01/712069875

This happened about 1/2 hour from my house. I didn't have anything to do that day and I would have loved to go.

For those of you who don't want to read the column, several members of Easy Company were at the Strategic Air & Space Museum Saturday. If you've seen the Band of Brothers you'd recognize some of them.

Buck Compton
Babe Heffron
Earl McClung
Don Malarkey
Ed Mauser
Ed Tipper

The link takes you to the article and pictures of them. There were real by-God heroes in my town and I missed them.

Espy

Espy

That would have been awesome!

Rubicon

That would have been awesome.. I loved Band of Brothers, one of the best things HBO has ever done.

Those guys should be honored for all time.

Shakey

Shakey

That would have been cool to see.

I go to my grandpas marine reunion every year, he was in the Pacific, and they love to see people that are interested in their history. They all have great stories to tell, but unfortunately their numbers are dropping. If anyone has an opportunity to go to something like this you should check it out. Be prepared to spend some time though, once you get a group of marines talking it's hard to get them to stop.