Batmen Skiing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's funny how they have a giant Batman symbol, like it's a tribute to Batman...yet they've got Spidey crawling on it and all sorts of other heroes, DC & Marvel, around it.

'Course, I guess there's no universal symbol for superheroes. It's not like we have a cross to worship or anything.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
I think it's funny how they have a giant Batman symbol, like it's a tribute to Batman...yet they've got Spidey crawling on it and all sorts of other heroes, DC & Marvel, around it.

'Course, I guess there's no universal symbol for superheroes. It's not like we have a cross to worship or anything.
Well, I guess you have to choose a symbol for yourself

I did

Z

zero

Well, keep in mind that Rio's Carnival parade is something VERY trippy. I mean, 60's trippy, and then some.
This particular samba school made a parade based on the "secrets" theme, and this block is supposed to refer to the "Superhero secret identity" ethos. Thus Batman and Spiderman.

Oh yeah, of course, they won hands down this year's parade. You can't beat Skiing Batmen.

S

Soliloquy

The Batmen are on skis so that they can maintain stability as they go down the ski slope. Duh.

J

JCM

The samba school's display was themed "secrets", which included an impromptu magic show, superheroes, mafia gangsters and the burning of the library of Alexandria.

It earned them the 1st place in the parade, with their last win being some 70 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.