Beard-a-thon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chazwozel

So the Pittsburgh Penguins do a playoffs beard-a-thon during the playoffs. I was wondering how many people around here would donate towards the ZZ-Top glory that will be my playoffs beard if I were to enter myself.

Just to give you guys a preview of things to come: I grew one last year and it reached epic proportions by June (2 1/2 month growth time). I believe I was rivaling our good friend and mod, North Ranger at that point.

Here's a link to the site if you want to read up on it:

http://www.beardathon.com/Team.aspx?name=team&team=penguins&teamId=19&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

All the proceeds go to the Mario Lemieux Foundation.

–Mario Lemieux Foundation–

The Mario Lemieux Foundation was created in 1993 by hockey legend Mario Lemieux. After a successful battle with Hodgkin's disease, Mario is now cancer-free and devotes much of his time to the Foundation raising funds to support its initiatives.
The objective of the Mario Lemieux Foundation is to fund promising cancer and neonatal research projects. The Foundation's projects include:
• $5 million gift to the renowned University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, to establish the Mario Lemieux Centers for Patient Care and Research
• $2 million gift to the Children's Home of Pittsburgh to establish the Lemieux Family Center
• $1.6 million gift Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh of UPMC to establish the Mario Lemieux Foundation Endowment for Pediatric Hematology/Oncology Research
Additionally, Nathalie Lemieux created Austin's Playroom Project after the Lemieux's personal experience while caring for their premature infant son. Austin's Playroom Project seeks to benefit families and improve the quality of a child's hospital experience whether as a visitor or patient by establishing cheerful playrooms that are safe, calming and comfortable.

E

Element 117

I will chip in money via Dave's paypal address if he's amenable to the idea. It would be fun to drunk sketch that.

I can grow an epic beard, but when it heads toward epicness, I end up having some function that I have to be clean-cut. I'll try to donate if I have any funds after moving. Post pics!

C

Chazwozel

My beard is terrible, but I'm growing one as long as the Nashville Predators are in the playoffs.

It's the effort that counts! Look at Sidney Crosby! He can barely grow some pubes on his face and he won the Stanley Cup!

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

I can grow an epic beard, but when it heads toward epicness, I end up having some function that I have to be clean-cut. I'll try to donate if I have any funds after moving. Post pics!

I'll start posting it up here during second round. It's no where near epic enough yet to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.