Export thread

Beauty if subjective...... not on this dating site

Chibibar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8439495.stm

Wow... that is a pretty harsh. I am curious on how many vote do you need to get "bumped"

Dating and social network site BeautifulPeople.com has axed some 5,000 members following complaints that they had gained weight.

The members were singled out after posting pictures of themselves that reportedly showed they had put on pounds over the holiday period.

The site allows entry to new members only if existing members vote them as sufficiently attractive to warrant it.

The US, the UK, and Canada topped the list of excluded members.

The site has always been unrepentant about its selection process, calling itself \"the largest network of attractive people in the world\".

The move was reportedly prompted by members themselves, who police the membership of the site to maintain a high - if highly subjective - standard of attractiveness.

\"As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld,\" said site founder Robert Hintze.

\"Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded.\"

Iaculus

Hey, if you decide to sign up to a site explicitly by shallow assholes, for shallow assholes, you know what you're getting.

It's the Internet. There are other options.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Pretty much. People can find other people based on common religion, political affiliation, and interests. Common thinness/hotness is just another option. If they know the standards of the site, why did they mention anything to begin with?

Krisken

Krisken

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

It's interesting how being a "fatty" is indicated as the only negative in this attractiveness thingie.

I might be just weird, but I find really skinny people scary. Like Calista Flockhart. I'm not sure she exists though, considering that the camera adds ten pounds...

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Man, this site is great.

"Too ugly to be a member? Click here to browse as a guest."

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Allen, seriously? It says that?

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

It's also has a really slow search function and is kind of annoying to browse. All in all, I find the site humorous.

edit: Yes. It says that. Front page. Underneath the register and login buttons.

Calleja

Calleja

I can't find the "Too ugly to be a member? Click here to browse as a guest" link thingie... I wanted to see if the members are really all "beautiful" or if they're just against "fatties".

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

It takes a couple of seconds for the thing to say that. Scroll underneath the registration and login areas, and just wait for the blue box with a bar and slider to say it.

Kitty Sinatra

Man I wish we had 5000 members we could dump for being douchebags.

I only know 5 people here we could dump. Starting with me :(

HowDroll

HowDroll

The site's overloaded. Too bad. I'm quite curious.

They'd probably kick me out for being fat too, though.

Calleja

Calleja

It takes a couple of seconds for the thing to say that. Scroll underneath the registration and login areas, and just wait for the blue box with a bar and slider to say it.
Oh, it was a flash thingie Adblock had blocked.

It's overloaded, though. No such thing as bad publicity, huh?

Fun Size

Fun Size

Welcome to the internet.

No fatties.

Chibibar

That link goes to the 3rd page of a post of something else ;) so.... I get my own thread!! muyahahahahhaha

@Li3n

@Li3n

Nice try... but you owe me a walrus now...

phil

phil

I should make a counter site called eh, if I were drunk then yeah, probably.com

Iaculus

You raaang?

Troll

Troll

:rofl:

Ohmahgawd I laughed so hard at this.

Calleja

Calleja

HI PAUL!

Espy

Espy

:rofl:

Ohmahgawd I laughed so hard at this.[/QUOTE]

That is brilliant, I laughed like a mothersmurfer.

Chippy

Chippy

Man I wish we had 5000 members we could dump for being douchebags.

I only know 5 people here we could dump. Starting with me :(
We could go out in a blaze of glory, though.

Chazwozel

You raaang?[/QUOTE]

I demand that I receive full credit for this Halforum meme!!!!!!!!!!!

Iaculus

You raaang?[/QUOTE]

I demand that I receive full credit for this Halforum meme!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Pfft - I invented it. Make yer own.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Chaz can have Chabz.

Chazwozel

Chaz can have Chabz.

Yeah, you get crowned king of the lamest fucking word-plays ever.

Calleja

Calleja

Iaculus has been posting pics of the Paul Walrus since like halfpixel, dude

Chazwozel

You raaang?[/QUOTE]

I demand that I receive full credit for this Halforum meme!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

Pfft - I invented it. Make yer own.[/QUOTE]

No you didn't. Go read the now locked thread, junior. THE WALRUS IS MINE!

Chazwozel

Iaculus has been posting pics of the Paul Walrus since like halfpixel, dude

Yeah, but fat person is now synonymous with walrus now because of me!

Calleja

Calleja

Well you're just making Iaculus' meme bigger then. You should demand a percentage of the profits.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Chaz can have Chabz.

Yeah, you get crowned king of the lamest fucking word-plays ever.[/QUOTE]

So you ARE Gerard Butler now!

Chazwozel

Well you're just making Iaculus' meme bigger then. You should demand a percentage of the profits.
Bah! At least I still have ALPHA!

Chazwozel

Chaz can have Chabz.

So you ARE Gerard Butler now![/QUOTE]

I'm not anything. I just think Chabz is pretty fucking lame and stupid. That's all. But don't worry, I did take notice of you trying to squeeze it in everywhere you post as of late in a desperate attempt to get someone's response to it. It's just not funny. Sorry.

Why Gerard Butler?

View attachment 201

Sweet! Dude's pretty buff. Thanks!

Attachments

Calleja

Calleja

.... that dude's hot.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Chaz can have Chabz.

I'm not anything. I just think Chabz is pretty fucking lame and stupid. That's all. But don't worry, I did take notice of you trying to squeeze it in everywhere you post as of late in a desperate attempt to get someone's response to it. It's just not funny. Sorry.

Why Gerard Butler?

View attachment 201

Sweet! Dude's pretty buff. Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't know; guy is kinda chubby. Looks like he's got about four uteruses under there.

Chazwozel

Chaz can have Chabz.

Why Gerard Butler?

View attachment 201

I don't know; guy is kinda chubby. Looks like he's got about four uteruses under there.[/QUOTE]

Awww, you're butthurt. How adorable.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Chaz can have Chabz.

Why Gerard Butler?

View attachment 201

I don't know; guy is kinda chubby. Looks like he's got about four uteruses under there.[/QUOTE]

Awww, you're butthurt. How adorable.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry.

I meant uteri. I didn't understand the dynamic of the plural in that case.

makare

Well, he looks to me like the male equivalent of the round tummy lady. He isn't out of shape but he isn't buff.

Calleja

Calleja

No, he's quite buff, just not toned, there's a difference. Notice the size of his pecs and biceps. Buff.

(Also, that's the guy who played King Leonidas on 300, he has been ripped as FUCK)

makare

Fine, I'll further qualify it. In my opinion, he is not buff, not toned or otherwise.

Calleja

Calleja

So he needs to look like this so he qualifies as "buff" in your own personal scale?

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

It depends, I guess. They don't need to be waxed, for one thing.

Does anyone know his stance on crunches?

makare

No, he doesn't have to be Mr. universe or anything. He just has to be a little more defined. Right now he looks like all these men I know who were like ONCE really buff but have since had families and kids, play sports with friends and hit the gym alot, but delude themselves into thinking they have the same buff bodies they once did.

So my perception of him is, my opinion as I said, but also based on personal interaction with people with those bodies.

Calleja

Calleja

From what looks to be the same day:

Also:

That's him, no CGI.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Since we are in the subject of beauty.

in another forum, some guys said that this guy had a ugly face

made me mad.

makare

I love this thread >.>

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Yeah, it's like a sequel to that other thread I loved which was from its mother's womb untimely ripped.

Edit: Anyone else get an ad for Arab Dating and Colombian Couples?

Frank

Frankie Williamson

Man, I will forever God damn respect the work the 300 guys put in to get into that kind of shape. A bunch of us tried the 300 workout exam at the detachment nigh on 2 years ago and it was the worst experience of my life. I could barely walk the next day.

http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/features/the-300-workout-can-you-handle-it

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I love this thread >.>
:D

and gerard buttler is hot, male beauty is more varied than female beauty.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I love this thread >.>

and gerard buttler is hot, male beauty is more varied than female beauty.[/QUOTE]

You only say that because you're gay.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

I love this thread >.>

and gerard buttler is hot, male beauty is more varied than female beauty.[/QUOTE]

You only say that because you're gay.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah xD

but honestly, there is more cultural presure for a woman to be pretty and a more solidified "general female beauty standard".

Just Me

Just Me

Subjective or not?
Buff or not?
There should be a poll...

On topic, kind of:

tegid

tegid

That's true, but luckily many women don't give in to that pressure! :)

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Edit: Anyone else get an ad for Arab Dating and Colombian Couples?
Nope. I'm being told I should get my IQ calculated. Damn uppity ads...

@Li3n

@Li3n

I love this thread >.>

You only say that because you're gay.[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah xD

but honestly, there is more cultural presure for a woman to be pretty and a more solidified "general female beauty standard".[/QUOTE]

So what you're saying is that there are lower standards when it comes to men?!

makare

I didn't say he wasn't hot. I said he wasn't buff. He is very hot. Mmmhmm.

tegid

tegid

Re: Gerald Butler: I'd say he is buff but not ripped. Maybe?

On topic: I was telling a friend about this site and he said 'How stupid'. Then he went on to tell me about this site: www.intelligentpeople.com . You have to take a small IQ test to register. He made me do it, and I found it pretty easy... Many questions work in a similar way. Anyway, talk about intelligent stupid. Heh.

Iaculus

'Intelligent stupid'? Sounds like something off Time Cube.

Ye gods, there's a half-hour of my life I ain't getting back.

@Li3n

@Li3n

On topic: I was telling a friend about this site and he said 'How stupid'. Then he went on to tell me about this site: www.intelligentpeople.com . You have to take a small IQ test to register. He made me do it, and I found it pretty easy... Many questions work in a similar way. Anyway, talk about intelligent stupid. Heh.
This is the internet... even the easiest IQ test is gonna keep out a lot of undesirables.

tegid

tegid

Ironically enough, the Spanish/latin american site seems to be run (or translated, whatev) by Spanish speakers without a grasp of how some of the most basic words are written in Spanish.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Ironically enough, the Spanish/latin american site seems to be run (or translated, whatev) by Spanish speakers without a grasp of how some of the most basic words are written in Spanish.
Mexicans?!

tegid

tegid

Yeah, It's probably Calleja!!!

(Actually, they're mistakes only some latin americans do)

Calleja

Calleja

Mistakes only latin americans do? Like what? Don't tell me stupid Spaniards never write "haber" instead of "a ver".

(that one pisses me off quite a bit)

Chippy

Chippy

Calleja said:
(that one pisses me off quite a bit)
Latin Tempah

tegid

tegid

Noo! It has to do with the sounds/letters 's', 'c', 'z'.

The registration e-mail read: 'Te haz registrado' u.u

That's the one I remember. There may have been some that Spaniards do too, like messing up b's and v's, or g's and j's. Definitely not 'haber'. I'd remember that... :S

General Specific

General Specific

'Intelligent stupid'? Sounds like something off Time Cube.

Ye gods, there's a half-hour of my life I ain't getting back.
YOU'VE BEEN EDUCATED DUMB!!

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Noo! It has to do with the sounds/letters 's', 'c', 'z'.

The registration e-mail read: 'Te haz registrado' u.u

That's the one I remember. There may have been some that Spaniards do too, like messing up b's and v's, or g's and j's. Definitely not 'haber'. I'd remember that... :S
Facebook groups and aplications are also full of s/c/z changes. And, of course, a ver/haber, Hay/ay/ahí, and lots of other mistakes that are universal to spanish people of every accent.

Calleja

Calleja

Ohhh... yeah, I guess you guys don't tend to make those mistakes since you actually differentiate between them when pronouncing. It's, sadly, a common mistake down here.