Export thread

Best Premixed Drinks

Shadazz

Tomorrow night I'm going to a friend's to get crumpet for Australia Day. Just wanted to know your guys opinions on premixed drinks? I really just don't wanna lug around mixers too.

Chazwozel

Rum + Cola. Easy as shit and people drink it. What do you mean by premixed? As in a premade margarita? I'm not sure I've ever seen something like a drink mix with the alcohol already in it.

Dave

Dave

Just drink a shitton of Fosters. You ARE Australian.

Chazwozel

I hear they don't actually drink Fosters in Australia.

Dave

Dave

I hear they don't actually drink Fosters in Australia.[/QUOTE]

Does that mean I have to give a serious answer?

Shadazz

What the hell is Fosters?

I meant more along the lines of Jack Daniels in a bottle. You can get bourbon with cola premixed, all that shit.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I haven't really had a premixed drink before that didn't taste completely rancid. Maybe Mike's Hard Lemonade/Cherry or whatever, if that counts? But I grew out of that fast, and I dunno if it's in AU.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I haven't really had a premixed drink before that didn't taste completely rancid. Maybe Mike's Hard Lemonade/Cherry or whatever, if that counts? But I grew out of that fast, and I dunno if it's in AU.
Yeah, Mike's Hard (flavor) is pretty good as far as not tasting like ass. I actually liked the Raspberry one. Otherwise I honestly don't know, I'd just buy a bit bottle of Coke and a big bottle of rum. If you want to get fancy on it, you could do Coke and coconut rum. All high society and whatnot.

Shadazz

Yeah, Mike's Hard (flavor) is pretty good as far as not tasting like ass. I actually liked the Raspberry one. Otherwise I honestly don't know, I'd just buy a bit bottle of Coke and a big bottle of rum. If you want to get fancy on it, you could do Coke and coconut rum. All high society and whatnot.[/QUOTE]

The point is I don't want to lug around a bottle or two of coke.. but after going to Liquorland (local bottleshop) and seeing the range.. fuck it, I'll just carry it.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Buy liter of bourbon, and a 2 liter of cola. pour out half of cola into a container, then ad the bourbon back into your 2 liter of cola.

Kids these days...

Espy

Espy

Step one: Buy a flask
Step two: Fill flask with Scotch.
Step three: Asdflkhjaspiugijdslkjakljjkljasdi

Chazwozel

OOOOHHHHH!!! Wine coolers and that ilk... ok. Now I know what you're looking for.

D

Dubyamn

Mint Juleps are pretty portable and I think get better if you store them a little while.

Take forever to make unless you have mint simple syrup though.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

It is best to make your own pre-made mixed drinks, like make up a couple of gallons of Hurricanes and carry a couple of liters around.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Step one: Buy a flask
Step two: Fill flask with Scotch.
Step three: Asdflkhjaspiugijdslkjakljjkljasdi
This is my Thanksgiving every year!

The op just needs to grab a bottle of Baileys and a straw.

Twitch

"Here's a flask because you look like someone who needs hard liquor at all times."

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

"Here's a flask because you look like someone who needs hard liquor at all times."
I would be easier to get along with if I had a nip on hand at all times.

König

The point is I don't want to lug around a bottle or two of coke.. but after going to Liquorland (local bottleshop) and seeing the range.. fuck it, I'll just carry it.
Just buy a bottle of Scotch and spike a 1.25L Coke bottle or two. Its the perfect mix.

They don't even sell Fosters here. I was born in Australia and the first time I even tried Fosters was in Spain...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I've seen premixed mojitos and Margaritas, but never tried em.

phil

phil

I think Jim Beam has pre mixed cans of cola, and apparently some others do as well.

http://www.liquorhomedelivery.com.au/showProduct/PREMIXES/PREMIX+BOURBON/24690

Personally, I'd do some of the suggestions here of just mixing some soda and whatever yourself, but I would add to that to do mimosas. Alternative to orange juice is orange soda which tastes pretty good, I think.

Jake

Jake

View attachment 275
Or, you know, BEER.

Attachments

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

^

:nod:

fade

fade

Beer.

It was mixed at some point before you bought it.

Kitty Sinatra

Any of a million blended whiskeys or whiskys

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Hello, It's australia day.

Hop into your v8 ute, turn on the clearance lights on either side and buy some bundy premix cans. Sure they may be over priced but dammit who cares. /sarcasm

Im guessing cruisers and the like are out of the question. Woodstock is always good (reasonably priced to boot). Anything with bundy on it is going to be overpriced. You know come to think of it, apart from bourbon and bundy there isnt really many premixed drinks out there. Try going to a better bottleshop than liqourland. They generally only stock the bare essentials. Got a thirsty camel or dan murphys near your place?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I don't know about Australia but the majority of "premixed" drinks one can buy in a store are just beer with syrup in it. Like Mikes Hard Lemonade and Wine Coolers.

Koko

the word premixed implies you're paying someone to pour shit together you could do for free. \
:hmmm:

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

For cheaper though Koko.

A

AgentUp

my advice rum and diet coke.

Also you can get away with a nice cider that most people will mistake for beer if they see you holding it. Which means you don't have to suffer the shame of being the guy with the Mikes Hard.