Export thread

Betting? Here? You betcha!

Dave

Dave

Because of the upcoming Football season I'm trying something out. It's called vBookie and it will (hopefully) allow us to use our hard-earned HB to gamble on the outcomes of the games. We can also use this for hockey games, baseball games, etc. although each event would have to be set up individually so I don't see this happening.

I have no idea how it's going to work at this point or if it's tied correctly in with HalBucks yet. Bear with me. This post is a test.

bhamv3

bhamv3

The message says "You have 1 HalBucks and have placed 0 bet(s) on this Event." This is despite me having far more than 1 single HalBuck.

Also, trying to bet 1 HalBuck makes it tell me I don't have enough cash to cover my bet. Betting 20 HalBucks, though, worked fine.

Something's not working right, or I'm using it wrong.

Dave

Dave

No, I'm trying to get it to recognize HB. In the stats panel it says who the richest people are & they show HB, but the actual betting part doesn't.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

If you could get real time texas hold'em (texas hal'dem?) I would be on there every goddamn night.

Dave

Dave

Fun & Games -> Gameroom -> Poker.

Get a couple people to join you & Create Game.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

Or even - http://www.halforums.com/forum/t14403/

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

In any event, the betting ends at 3 CST - about 5 minutes from now. I need to see how to pick the winner.

Element 117

We need a way of betting on cage matches. I'd place all my money on DocSevrin. Or maybe Charon.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I already had a pretty bad gambling problem with blackjack, now this?

Denbrought

Denbrought

We need a way of betting on cage matches. I'd place all my money on DocSevrin. Or maybe Charon.
Nah, Terrik'd win. He can just set his lil' kitteh loose in the cage when he enters. The opponents will be too busy awwwhing at it to notice they're in a headlock.

Element 117

Nah, Terrik'd win. He can just set his lil' kitteh loose in the cage when he enters. The opponents will be too busy awwwhing at it to notice they're in a headlock.[/QUOTE]

And when in a headlock Doc Sevrin would hand him his kidneys and spleen. Charon'd taze him (bro?) etc. For every kitten there is an equal and opposite tazer.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Nah, Terrik'd win. He can just set his lil' kitteh loose in the cage when he enters. The opponents will be too busy awwwhing at it to notice they're in a headlock.[/QUOTE]

And when in a headlock Doc Sevrin would hand him his kidneys and spleen. Charon'd taze him (bro?) etc. For every kitten there is an equal and opposite tazer.[/QUOTE]

Nay, by then they would be busy trying to get the kitteh to stop clawing their eyes out ^.^

Element 117

you live in a cute fluffy world. I almost envy that. But I still don't think the Kitten'd win.

Dave

Dave

This will be used for fun stuff like betting on the Fantasy Football games. I'll make my odds and you guys can bet on them.

Element 117

Betting on Cage matches isn't fun?

Blood and gore but no sex! That's the American way!

Krisken

Krisken

This cage match... I'm betting against myself. Just sayin.