Export thread

Black Friday

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

So who is camping what where this year?

I need a new camera. This is the goal as of right now.
http://tgiblackfriday.com/Office-Max/-Kodak-Z950-12-Megapixel-10x-Zoom-Black-Digital-Camera-deal

Still need to do some research, but so far it is the best bang for the bucks.

Chibibar

Target... my wife is actually going with me.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Going for the Samsung P-1600 Blu-Ray player.

Here's hoping the football fans will be too busy scoping out tailgating spots for the Backyard Brawl to hit the doorbuster specials. :D

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Does anyone know if Tiger Direct or Newegg are having black friday sales?

I will be getting about $1200 from my student loans next week and I was going to build a new computer. But I may end up getting a new laptop during black friday and wait till the remainder of my refund comes next summer to build the new computer..

If I don't blow it all on building a new comp I will be camping outside Best Buy.

Oh and if you are getting Left 4 Dead 2 for Xbox 360 and don't need to buy it at launch it is going to be $35 on Black Friday at Best Buy.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

The latest ads are tracked at Black Friday Ads. No Newegg or Tiger yet.

Shakey

Shakey

Online places usually do it on Monday when people are back at work I believe.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Online places usually do it on Monday when people are back at work I believe.
They call it Cyber Monday.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I'm gonna be out of town(not with my blood-family, and not Austin either), so I ain't about to fuck around getting deals in a strange place. Godspeed to ya'll that do, however.

Nile

Nile

I work 8am to 4pm.

:yield:

Null

Null

I'm going to be staying home drinking, or if I'm lucky, having a gaming session with some friends.

TotalFusionOne

Does anyone know if Tiger Direct or Newegg are having black friday sales?

I will be getting about $1200 from my student loans next week and I was going to build a new computer. But I may end up getting a new laptop during black friday and wait till the remainder of my refund comes next summer to build the new computer..
Talk to Ross. He just got his Quad core with 8gb of ram and 1tb hard drive for $1000

General Specific

General Specific

No black friday sales for me. Going to be in Alabama w/ my family and my now 1 year-old nephew.

Expect pics sometime after my return. :D

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

Change of plans, the amount I am getting back is not as much as I thought and also my sister had leaked that my parents were going to pay off my car for Christmas but now they aren't. They are going to pay whatever is left when I transfer to a different school next fall when I will only owe like $200 :p. So like $100-200 is going to go to black friday/christmas gifts and the rest toward my car.

HowDroll

HowDroll

I'm working from 7am-4pm at Best Buy that day. I've never understood you crazy fuckers who would camp out in front of a store just to save a few bucks, either. The deals really aren't that great compared to what you can find online.

Whatever. At least I don't have to get there at 3 or 4am like some of my co-workers.

HoboNinja

HoboNinja

I'm working from 7am-4pm at Best Buy that day. I've never understood you crazy fuckers who would camp out in front of a store just to save a few bucks, either. The deals really aren't that great compared to what you can find online.

Whatever. At least I don't have to get there at 3 or 4am like some of my co-workers.
My friend Mark got a $1500 40" LCD TV like 3 or so years ago when they were all expensive like that for $800 on Black Friday... The wait in the cold was worth that kind of money.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

4:30 am to work for me, get to go home @ noon, but nothing going shopping for me.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

This, but replace BB with Sears and with merchandise pick-up.

So, to any of you showing up in a 2-door car and wanting to jam a 50 inch TV/elliptical machine/etc in it, let me speak for all retail associates when I say you're and idiot and we make fun of you. Rent a truck. Seriously.

Shakey

Shakey

So, to any of you showing up in a 2-door car and wanting to jam a 50 inch TV/elliptical machine/etc in it, let me speak for all retail associates when I say you're and idiot and we make fun of you. Rent a truck. Seriously.
Screw that. Do your job and stuff that fucker in my Mercury Tracer. :p

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Screw that. Do your job and stuff that fucker in my Mercury Tracer. :p[/QUOTE]

The best part is once I decided something wouldn't fit, I was allowed to tell the customer I can't help anymore because of liability issues. Same thing if they took it out of the box/boxes. :p

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I have had the misfortune to work retail on Black Friday before. I have since then vowed to NEVER subject another human soul to such barbarism and cruelty. Therefore I will sit on the couch, digest my Thanksgiving dinner, and play video games.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I usually go with my lil sis to target, JCPenny, ect at 3:30am... but I think I will drag my hungover'd ass out of bed and make the boyfriend do so as well and we will do our own shopping.

The stuff I see online (thanks, DA) isn't too great. I may just sleep in.

Shannow

Shannow

Nope.

Cajungal

Cajungal

I know the sales are great, but there's no way. No way in hell.

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Screw that. Do your job and stuff that fucker in my Mercury Tracer. :p[/QUOTE]

As you wish.

Hylian

Hylian

I wish I could I go but I don't have enough money to spend :(

Chazwozel

So, to any of you showing up in a 2-door car and wanting to jam a 50 inch TV/elliptical machine/etc in it, let me speak for all retail associates when I say you're and idiot and we make fun of you. Rent a truck. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Man I loved those fucking idiots when I worked at Home Depot. We'd make them sign a waiver before loading their Geo Tracker with 1000lbs worth of concrete and plywood. Hilarity.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

So, to any of you showing up in a 2-door car and wanting to jam a 50 inch TV/elliptical machine/etc in it, let me speak for all retail associates when I say you're and idiot and we make fun of you. Rent a truck. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

Man I loved those fucking idiots when I worked at Home Depot. We'd make them sign a waiver before loading their Geo Tracker with 1000lbs worth of concrete and plywood. Hilarity.[/QUOTE]

Had a guy get yelled at by his wife in Spanish for 20 minutes after we refused to load a complete patio set (table, 4 chairs, umbrella) into his little Nissan.

lafftaff

I'm need new work clothes so I'm hoping for some decent sales at Kohl's or the like. I think my co-workers are starting to notice that I wear the same thing every week. Of course I'm incredibly lazy too, so I may just pass.

Zappit

Zappit

Working it this year - not looking forward to that...

Cajungal

Cajungal

I think my co-workers are starting to notice that I wear the same thing every week.
Hey, me too! I wear the same 4 outfits to tutoring and student teaching every week. It just makes life simpler. ;D I hope you find some fun stuff, though!

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

Office Max released their add, the previously mentioned camera is on there, but at $70 more than the "leaked" price... :(

Soliloquy

I'm working at Target on Black Friday. You guys are going to make me miserable ;).

RealBigNuke

I'm working at Target on Black Friday. You guys are going to make me miserable ;).
I have not and will not leave my room on Black Friday. Yer safe from me. Go go newegg deals!

Lally

I have had the misfortune to work retail on Black Friday before. I have since then vowed to NEVER subject another human soul to such barbarism and cruelty. Therefore I will sit on the couch, digest my Thanksgiving dinner, and play video games.
Unfortunately, I have to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday this year (which is great because I need the money, but horrible because I detest people), but in the years that I haven't worked, I refuse to go out on Black Friday for this reason.

Joe Johnson

Yeah, thinking about some sort of Bluray player.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I wish I had the money to even take advantage of Black Friday.

Covar

Covar

newegg has a 46" 1080p LCD TV for $699 I might get that.

fade

fade

I bought a Sharp 19" HDTV for $99 from NewEgg. I was going to get the wal-mart deal for 128, but that was some off-brand thing. The NewEgg one is refurbished, but it has great reviews online. 3-Day shipping for 17 bucks.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

My friends had no problem getting Lego Rock Band and clothing for $20 at Old Navy. Only a couple dozen people in line at 3am. Target across the street was some kind of insane madhouse, on the other hand

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Sister went this year at 3am. I, however, slept in and just bought Office for my computer for $65.

lafftaff

I volunteered to go to work instead. However, all I have to do is answer phones, so it's not that bad.

Chibibar

I just bought the following games for PS3 for 14$ Mortal Kombat Vs DC, Street Fighter IV, and BioShock :) woo!

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Got the Blu-ray player I was after, plus the new Trek movie and Wrath of Khan.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Scribblenaughts for my cousins for $17.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Helps if you mention where.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Helps if you mention where.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, on Amazon's lightning deals.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Damn, was hoping it was an instore sale somewhere.

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I picked up a few Xmas gifts, a couple books for myself, The Critic complete series (not my present for Kissinger, actually!), and Fargo on Blu-Ray

Koko

Bought

1. Age of Mythology Gold - $4
2. Elder Scrolls Oblivion latest expansion $3
3. 4 hub USB port $1
4. Osmos $2
5. GRID $7

all online purchases

Covar

Covar

I did get that TV. It comes Wednesday.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

I bought a 20 piece nonstick cookware set from TFal for $50.

12 piece Pyrex baking/storage/glass set with lids for $20.

Microsoft Office for $65

Denbrought

Denbrought

I put on stretchy pants and watched Deadliest Catch.