Black Screen after installing RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I installed a DDR 3 4gb stick into my N68C-5UCC ASROCK mobo. i tried to boot the pc but there was no starting beep.turns out that the mobo only accepts ddr3 ram if I use a AM3 Processor.
So I put my 2 1GB DDR2 sticks back (its an upgrade mobo,where I got both DDR3 and DDR 2 slots)
and I hear the PC boot,do the starting beep and hear the Windows starting theme,but my monitor is black. :( I tried re-plugging the Monitor Cable into the Graphic-Card to no avail. Any help?

All the fiddling around in your PC probably loosened something. Remove and then reinstall the video card, memory, and the various cables on the mobo and try it again.

C

Chibibar

how many DDR3? I am required to fill in all THREE slots for it to work.

Thanks stienman.I did what you recommended,plus i took out the graphic card,removed the dust that settlet on the mobo and after plugging everything back in,it workel like a charm again. :)

C

Chibibar

Thanks stienman.I did what you recommended,plus i took out the graphic card,removed the dust that settlet on the mobo and after plugging everything back in,it workel like a charm again. :)
Those pesky dust. I always use aircan on my mobo when I am changing stuff. I didn't even think of that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.