Export thread

Black Wednesday

ElJuski

ElJuski

So whose passing out / where this year? I think it's going to be a randy ol' time at my favorite dive bar. This year I hope not to wake up in the middle of the afterhours party screaming about how awesome Paul Rudd is. I fell over and stuck my hands in two (2) bowls of dip that year. At the same time.

HOT DIGGITY DAMN DOGGS

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

On call for work this year, so no drinking. Sadly I am on call New Years Eve as well. The booze industry may need a bailout... Can somone pick up my slack?

ElJuski

ElJuski

Really? Nobody :(

Shakey

Shakey

Never heard of Black Wednesday before...

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Never heard of this. What is it?

Shannow

Shannow

As always, i will be fubar.

---------- Post added at 10:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 PM ----------

One of the biggest drinking days of the year, right up there with St Pattys and new years

Shakey

Shakey

Apparently the night before thanksgiving. God knows the last thing I want is having to deal with my family with a hangover. I may be having thanksgiving alone this year though, so I may participate.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Think that I'll pass. Don't really like to drink at all.

Osmosis, that's where it's at. ;)

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I'll be back home in CA for Thanksgiving, so no getting hammered for me. Also I'd want my stomach in perfect working condition for my mom's cooking. :cool:

Qonas

Why in the hell would you want to get drunk the night BEFORE Thanksgiving? That makes no sense whatsoever; if you like your family, then you're ruining the day and the meal by dealing with the hangover. If you don't, you compound the problem by having to deal with them with the hangover.

You drink on Thanksgiving, especially if you're a fan of the Detroit Lions.

Shannow

Shannow

Why in the hell would you want to get drunk the night BEFORE Thanksgiving? That makes no sense whatsoever; if you like your family, then you're ruining the day and the meal by dealing with the hangover. If you don't, you compound the problem by having to deal with them with the hangover.

Start of the 4 day weekend for a lot of the country, it has been one of the biggest drinking days of the year. Bars are completely packed. Thanksgiving, they day you drink with your family, you start yourself off with some hair of the dog.

This is not a new thing, folks. It has been this way for years.

Qonas

This is the absolute first I've heard of this, and I'm definitely in the drinking crowd. Still doesn't make any kind of sense either.

Maybe it's the fact that when I do drink, it sure as hell ain't in bars.

Shakey

Shakey

Start of the 4 day weekend for a lot of the country, it has been one of the biggest drinking days of the year. Bars are completely packed. Thanksgiving, they day you drink with your family, you start yourself off with some hair of the dog.

This is not a new thing, folks. It has been this way for years.[/QUOTE]

I've known a lot of people who do it, but never heard the term before. I agree with Qonas though, Thanksgiving is much more enjoyable without a hangover.

Shannow

Shannow

This is the absolute first I've heard of this, and I'm definitely in the drinking crowd. Still doesn't make any kind of sense either.

Good for you. Really.

Qonas

Thaaaaanks! :thumbsup:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Good for you. Really.[/QUOTE]

There's only a few things we ever agree on, man.

1- Mad Men
2- Transformers 2 being a huge pile of shit
3- getting fuckface drunk

I will think of you as I drink my nth Blatz, good sir, and scream incoherently RICHARRRDDDDDSSSSSSSS

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Also *eyeroll* to the Thanksgiving / hangover excuse. Nothing a couple of advil and a gatorade can't cure. Then, some awesome food, then a nap, then back to the bars.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Good for you. Really.[/QUOTE]

1- Mad Men

I will think of you as I drink my nth Blatz, good sir, and scream incoherently RICHARRRDDDDDSSSSSSSS

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

Also *eyeroll* to the Thanksgiving / hangover excuse. Nothing a couple of advil and a gatorade can't cure. Then, some awesome food, then a nap, then back to the bars.[/QUOTE]

haha yeah, sorry I don't want to have a hangover or come off like an alcoholic when I see my folks for the first time in 8 months, shame on me.

Shannow

Shannow

Good for you. Really.[/quote]

1- Mad Men

Also *eyeroll* to the Thanksgiving / hangover excuse. Nothing a couple of advil and a gatorade can't cure. Then, some awesome food, then a nap, then back to the bars.[/quote]

haha yeah, sorry I don't want to have a hangover or come off like an alcoholic when I see my folks for the first time in 8 months, shame on me.[/quote]

Depends on your family, I guess. It is a time people go out and see folks they havent seen in a long time (people come back to town for the 4 day holiday, go out, meet up, etc). And shit, i know a lot of families that end up getting stinking drunk on thanksgiving, in a fun way.

And juski....damn right!

Shakey

Shakey

Also *eyeroll* to the Thanksgiving / hangover excuse. Nothing a couple of advil and a gatorade can't cure. Then, some awesome food, then a nap, then back to the bars.
eyeroll all you want, I'd still rather actually enjoy hanging out with my niece and nephew starting at 7or 8 am when they get up as opposed to being cranky for half they day. Maybe I'm just getting old. :fist:

Shannow

Shannow

again, it all depends on the family, and what happens for you on thanksgiving.

Shakey

Shakey

again, it all depends on the family, and what happens for you on thanksgiving.
Yeah, you beat me to it.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Good for you. Really.[/quote]

1- Mad Men

Also *eyeroll* to the Thanksgiving / hangover excuse. Nothing a couple of advil and a gatorade can't cure. Then, some awesome food, then a nap, then back to the bars.[/quote]

haha yeah, sorry I don't want to have a hangover or come off like an alcoholic when I see my folks for the first time in 8 months, shame on me.[/QUOTE]

Depends on your family, I guess. It i a time people go out and see folks they havent seen in a long time (people come back to town for the 4 day holiday, go out, mett up, etc). And shit, i know a lot of family that end up getting stinking drunk on thanksgiving, in a fun way.

And jusk....damn right![/QUOTE]

I agree with you. I mean, I know my dad, brother and I will go out for beers or somesuch while I'm home. I worked in a local bar there for 3-ish years, so the odds are high. I just think it's kinda silly to eyeroll at people who don't choose to get fucked up, that's all.

Shannow

Shannow

I'm still a fan of this:

This is the absolute first I've heard of this, and I'm definitely in the drinking crowd.
hahahahahahahahahahaha

ElJuski

ElJuski

I agree with you. I mean, I know my dad, brother and I will go out for beers or somesuch while I'm home. I worked in a local bar there for 3-ish years, so the odds are high. I just think it's kinda silly to eyeroll at people who don't choose to get fucked up, that's all.
It's more of the condescending tone others have given in this thread beforehand. An eyeroll for an eyeroll, you see. People can still have good reasons to choose not to drink. It's not like it makes you a weiner.

But people always give off a certain "Oh, I won't be doing something so uncouth as that on this day" vibe.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

It's more of the condescending tone others have given in this thread beforehand. An eyeroll for an eyeroll, you see. People can still have good reasons to choose not to drink. It's not like it makes you a weiner.

But people always give off a certain "Oh, I won't be doing something so uncouth as that on this day" vibe.[/QUOTE]

I see, I see. That makes sense. Yeah, I have no issues with drinking as I do it fairly often myself, and have seen (and forgotten) plenty of rough nights.

ElJuski

ElJuski

I digg, dogg. I digg.

Vytamindi

Vytamindi

Not sure if I will participate. No worries, though. There's always enough booze at my aunt's house for me, my sister, and my four cousins to get sloshed on.

I love my family :3

Charlie Don't Surf

The Lovely Boehner

I'm not going to see my family, but not too broken up about that. At least not yet, anywho. I'll be chilling with a couple friends Wed-Thurs-Fri, and then a big Friendsgiving on Saturday that's gonna be great :D

Shannow

Shannow

But people always give off a certain "Oh, I won't be doing something so uncouth as that on this day" vibe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that is pretty much how it seemed to come across to me as well.

Dave

Dave

Even if I drank I wouldn't do this. I need to be clear-headed when the Cowboys rip open the Oakland Raiders on Thanksgiving day.

Covar

Covar

Even if I drank I wouldn't do this. I need to be clear-headed when the Cowboys rip open the Oakland Raiders on Thanksgiving day.
Tough week for them Cowboys. :cool:

Worst thing about Thanksgiving. Detroit Lions ruining a perfectly good opportunity to watch a football game.

Chazwozel

It's supposedly because you have to 'put up' with your family the day of Thanksgiving. In actuality it's just another reason to get shitfaced because there's no work on Thursday. I like my family though. I like getting shitfaced too. Best of both worlds! WAHOO!!!

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 AM ----------

I do both... :)

Besides, only pussies who can't hold their liquor get hangovers. I come from a Polish family and if you come to Thanksgiving with a hangover, you aren't going to ruin it, you're going to get laughed at for being a lightweight bitch. The only remedy will be to slug down hot chocolate vodka shots made by my grandma.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I never heard it called this, but I have witnessed the phenomenon. In my case it is all the people that leave their home town to seek work/careers elsewhere. When you get back in town, you go hit the bars to see the chuckle-heads that that you grew up with. For a lot of people, a drink is needed to deal with their parents on a 4 day weekend.

But I've never gotten sh!tfaced for the occasion.

Qonas

Yeah, that is pretty much how it seemed to come across to me as well.[/QUOTE]

That wasn't what I was trying to get across. Drink all you want, get fucked up all you want. I do the same. It just seems to me that the night before Thanksgiving is possibly the single dumbest night to do it, except maybe the night before your wedding.

Worst thing about Thanksgiving. Detroit Lions ruining a perfectly good opportunity to watch a football game.
It's the only thing Lions fan have left. :(

Shannow

Shannow

It just seems to me that the night before Thanksgiving is possibly the single dumbest night to do it, except maybe the night before your wedding.
And you are incorrect.

Chazwozel

It just seems to me that the night before Thanksgiving is possibly the single dumbest night to do it, except maybe the night before your wedding.
And you are incorrect.[/QUOTE]

I think I had shots of vodka right before getting to the church.