Export thread

Brag About Yourself WoW-Style

Baerdog

Baerdog

So yesterday was a pretty good day for me, WoW-wise, and I feel like bragging about it to you all. This can be a place where we can gloat about the cool things that happened to us recently.

As you all all know, Hallow's End started yesterday (Happy Hallow's End everyone). I ran around putting out fires and doing the whole trick-or-treating thing and decided "Hey, I'm gonna go kill the Headless Horseman!" So I did, and managed to get the Headless Horsemen mount on my first kill of the season! Exciting.

Later I decided to run some of my first heroics. I ran Halls of Lightning and didn't manage to make a total fool of myself, then Piotyr and I dominated Trial of the Champion and Violet Hold, and after that I got into Culling of Stratholme. We were cutting the time pretty close but we managed to kill the Infinite Corruptor with less than a minute to spare. So who won the roll for the bronze drake?

I did. Two awesome mounts in one day.

Finally after all that I had enough Justice Points to buy myself a Libram of the Eternal Tower. For the first time ever, Aureon actually has a good libram.

Anyway, enough of my bragging. I want to hear about the awesome stuff the rest of you guys have been doing.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Brag About Yourself

Nevermind. :oops: I cannot read!

Piotyr

Piotyr

Brag About Yourself

Aww, you're welcome in here!

---------- Post added at 05:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

But anyway, bragging...let's see, I did HH three times, and netted both caster rings and the mount so far. :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Brag About Yourself

Mount buddies!

:high5:

Cajungal

Cajungal

Brag About Yourself

Mount buddies!

:high5:
....:awesome:

Baerdog

Baerdog

:unibrow:

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Screw both you guys! :mad:

Seriously, though, nice job on getting the mounts.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Got the mount on my warrior so far. Gratz on getting it on your guys runs.

linglingface

linglingface

Grats!!
I don't play anymore but I can still brag WoW-style! I has a violet proto-drake. <3

strawman

strawman

Brag About Yourself WoW-Style

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I think the most brag worthy feat for my main... I tanked Heroic TOC 5 man with a bear pet after the tank quit mid-run.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Just got the mount on the one character I wanted it on, my DK, woot!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I got the horseman's mount on my main. then I saw that it could fly 310% with the master riding skill. So I dropped the 5,000 gold for it, to learn 2 things.

1. It works on all flying mounts. So the Golden Gryphon flies as fast as rusted drake.

b. It is 1,000 cheaper to buy the skill at Valiance Keep.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Ain't faction discounts awesome?

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I have considered getting Master Riding but 30% more speed does not really feel worth another 4k, so I am holding off for now. I might end up just trying for the Violet Proto-drake since it will give Master Riding for free (though takes nearly a year to get). Time till tell though, in Cataclysm 4k might end up becoming chump change.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I saved up 10k on my main expecting a charge like this in the expac. When I go the Horseman mount I decided to grab it. Now I find that all mounts go at full speed now. So I'll be riding my Brown Ram again.

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Ain't faction discounts awesome?
Not when you forget.

Shakey

Shakey

I got the HH mount on Kilgore last night. :awesome: I probably won't use it much though. Flight form just kicks too much ass.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I got the HH mount on Kilgore last night. :awesome: I probably won't use it much though. Flight form just kicks too much ass.
Yup, I only really even want the mount on four of my characters that fit the style, otherwise I probably won't use it on others like my Paladins, even if I do get them. I have a strange need to coordinate my mounts and pets based on what fits the style of the character.

I actually went out of my way one year to do Children's Week on my rarely played Warlock just to get Willy, since I wanted to have a demon "pet" following her around. It looks hilarious because when I summon my Infernal now I have like three demons following me around.

Chazwozel

Yup, I only really even want the mount on four of my characters that fit the style, otherwise I probably won't use it on others like my Paladins, even if I do get them. I have a strange need to coordinate my mounts and pets based on what fits the style of the character.

I actually went out of my way one year to do Children's Week on my rarely played Warlock just to get Willy, since I wanted to have a demon "pet" following her around. It looks hilarious because when I summon my Infernal now I have like three demons following me around.[/QUOTE]

I do the same thing. I have like 13 mounts on my main, but the only ones I still use are my mechanostrider and flying machine. My gnome's an engineer and I love keeping his mechanical heritage alive and well.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Finally got a damned toothpick. And, by proxy, the meta.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

HH Mount will have a perma-spot on my interface bar. You can mount him underwater and fly away.

Dei

Dei

I think you can mount all flying mounts in water now.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

My gnome's an engineer and I love keeping his mechanical heritage alive and well.
I did the same thing with my Orc Rogue Engineer, but since I didn't have the option of the Mechanostrider I saved up once WOTLK hit and got myself a Mechano-Hog to compliment my Flying Machine. Only sure those two mounts now with her.

Basically from what I understand they have it so the mounts dynamically adjust based on things like mount skill and location. That means...
1) All mounts update to the highest mount speed trained for them,
2) Mounts like the HHM will switch from ground to flying, or vise versa, without having to dismount and remount first. Just reach an area you can fly and boom, take off.

Since the HHM also counts as a ground mount in any situation you can't fly, you can mount him underwater and once you hit the surface he will dynamically change to flying.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

No, only ground mounts can be mounted in water. and since HH Mount is a ground mount that flies, you can mount it underwater and fly out. I tested this with each type of my mounts. I hear the Adopt a Friend Rocket mount does it too.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

No, only ground mounts can be mounted in water. and since HH Mount is a ground mount that flies, you can mount it underwater and fly out. I tested this with each type of my mounts. I hear the Adopt a Friend Rocket mount does it too.
Could have swore I did it earlier on my hippogryph, but maybe my mind was thinking of an event while I was running around on my HHM mount and got jumbled. Now I have to go check it out myself a bit more clearly.

Update: Yup I was mistaken, just tried it on my Netherdrake and couldn't let me mount. Going to update my old post to make sure no one is misinformed.

Dei

Dei

I definitely did it on my windrider the other day in Sholazar. Now I may have to doublecheck.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I finally got my "The Hallowed" title.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Secured my final piece of T10 on my DK. One more 264 piece (new sigil), and I'll only need JP for my offspec.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I just don't see much point in even getting T10 now, but to each their own. It will all be replaced around 83. ;)

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I just don't see much point in even getting T10 now, but to each their own. It will all be replaced around 83. ;)
Hush you!... I know. I did a bunch of grinding yesterday to get the 264 PvP rifle on my hunter. Now I am working on the Helm. Now that the season is over most Wrathful gear available only for honor points.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

From that perspective, there's no reason to grind JP either. It caps at 4,000, which will be good for 1.5-2 ilvl 346 blues. Might as well spend it, and hit cap anyway (at 75-ish per dungeon, a heroic a day will basically hit cap between now and Cata).

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

From that perspective, there's no reason to grind JP either. It caps at 4,000, which will be good for 1.5-2 ilvl 346 blues. Might as well spend it, and hit cap anyway (at 75-ish per dungeon, a heroic a day will basically hit cap between now and Cata).
I know, that is why I am not grinding JP. Any JP I get during an average day I plan to use later for those blues, just because it means less times I have to run heroics (which are going to be a lot harder then WOTLK heroics). I like collecting gear, but rarely at the end of an expansion life cycle mostly due to the inevitable "gear reset" when quest items overtake raid epics. I did the same between at the end of BC.

I admit though I have considered getting some T10 on my DK, but that is because I love the design of the set. Though I guess I am unsure if I should do that now, and possibly make my heroic runs a bit harder down the line, or later when each boss is giving us 75 JP a kill and I will probably have some excess I need to burn.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Gear reset upsets me a fair bit. Especially this time when we will only be gaining 5 levels. My Tier 10 stuff should last up until the first blues from Heroics Bosses.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Actually, it might be very worth it for tanks to gear up now. Traditionally, Blizz doesn't have tank gear as rewards during the questing/leveling portion of new content. You might have to wait until 85 to get gear with suitable avoidance/mitigation.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Picked up the HH Mount on two alts today.

Did not get it on my main, which is irritating, since he's the one I really want it for...but he also got the blue drake from Occ today, so I shouldn't complain. :p

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

Actually, it might be very worth it for tanks to gear up now. Traditionally, Blizz doesn't have tank gear as rewards during the questing/leveling portion of new content. You might have to wait until 85 to get gear with suitable avoidance/mitigation.
Not exactly, WOTLK had plenty of tanking gear through the lower levels. I could list them off but it would take me awhile so I will just mention that I got three tanking upgrades just running a single Nexus, then got further upgrades later on in Grizzly Hills, including a blue shield from the Ursoc chain. I actually tank leveled on my Blood Elf Paladin and never found myself short on upgrades from 70-80. There is also gear from Wrathgate, Ragemane, the Earthen Chain, etc...

The tank gear "shortage" during the leveling was only an issue in vanilla and burning crusade.

Let us not forget though, that even taking that into account, the changes in 4.0 have made it perfectly viable to tank in DPS gear. Health normalization means all DPS gear will have the same stamina as tank gear, defense was baked into talents so we automatically have critical immunity, and reforging means even if I do get a blue bracer with strength, stamina, and haste, I can convert half of that haste into parry, dodge, or mastery instead for extra avoidance/mitigation.

Right now, if you gem purely into stamina, your T10 will have almost the amount of stamina you would find in a "Hyjal" blue, and remember that Hyjal is one of the Cataclysm starter zones. Once you hit Deepholme (83-84) most green chests and legs, even healing ones, will have over 300 base stamina.

Disconnected

I definitely did it on my windrider the other day in Sholazar. Now I may have to doublecheck.
you can mount in the water.

done with wind rider and celestial steed in northrend yesterday.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

done with wind rider and celestial steed in northrend yesterday.
Celestial Steed is a given since it uses the same system as the Headless Horseman. However, I will have to check out the wind rider.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Finished both Argent Crusader and Tripping the Rifts yesterday.

...now what do I do? :)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Finished both Argent Crusader and Tripping the Rifts yesterday.

...now what do I do? :)
Insane in the Membrane - Achievement - World of Warcraft

Docseverin

Docseverin

Thanks to the help of some of our guildies here, I now have the Title Jenkins which in honor of my shirt, I will use as my only title. :)

Baerdog

Baerdog

Finally got around to pre-ordering Cataclysm for digital download. :smug:

Disconnected

last night i made a troll druid and got him to 17. fuck yeah. i was really looking forward to the world change and I'm liking it, it's fun to level again. 'end game' can suck dead monkey nuts for a while.

phil

phil

I keep coming within the top 5 healers in my battlegrounds. Usually top 3. It's been a lot of fun getting back into them. No real negativity yet. We won our last game by 10 points, so I was really excited that we all came together to hammer out a win. I'm sad though that I'm nearing lvl 30 and so I'll be in a new bracket for a while and not nearly as useful. those lvl 39 rogues are going to shred me.

Or die trying at least.

Dei

Dei

The brackets go by 5s now FYI.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I leveled from 81 & 1/2 to 84 doing little else than Archaeology. Have 2 pets, a fountain, and a raptor mount.

ScytheRexx

ScytheRexx

I leveled from 81 & 1/2 to 84 doing little else than Archaeology. Have 2 pets, a fountain, and a raptor mount.
I am actually considering just doing that tonight. I hit 84, but think that doing Archaeology may take me all the way to 85 considering how much experience people are telling me it gives. I can then always go back for quests (for more money too)

Dave

Dave

Hmmm. Really? I may have to do that after leaving Deepholme.

Piotyr

Piotyr

Level 85!

Also, got Stood in the Fire during an Uldum cinematic, and everyone in the cinematic instantly died. For a few seconds, I just thought that was part of the cinematic.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I am actually considering just doing that tonight. I hit 84, but think that doing Archaeology may take me all the way to 85 considering how much experience people are telling me it gives. I can then always go back for quests (for more money too)[/QUOTE]

The downside of doing Archy to level is that you hit 85 with out gear. And there is just not enough blues on the AH of the right level to get me into heroics.

Jiarn

Hit 85 two days ago and have been random BGing my head off. Hoping to get my set of reslience for this season and begin participating in Rated BGs.

My Shaman is a Field Marshal, I'd like my druid to be at least that, if not, Grand Marshal.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

So I rolled my first alt a few days ago. Redcloak...the goblin priest. On jubeithos if anybody else plays on there. Awesome name right?

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Awesome name right?
Heh, nice one.

Won my first T11 piece (though not my first Cata-epic) from Argaloth last night.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I had to sell a T11 item the other day. I got a glove drop, that I was already wearing.