Export thread

Brazelton strikes again - Robert Schimmel

redthirtyone

redthirtyone

One of my favorite comedians died over the weekend due to injuries sustained in a car accident last week.

Comedian Robert Schimmel dies at 60 – The Marquee Blog - CNN.com Blogs

Hilariously funny guy. The last time I laughed so hard I couldn't breathe for minutes was from the end of his HBO special. "I taste metal" - wish I could find a clip of that segment to post, but not having any luck finding more that the first 10 minutes of that special.

Dave

Dave

This dude is what they based the "Final Destination" movies on. Cancer? Beat it. Liver? Pfft. Then he dies in a car accident.

What sucks more than his dying? His daughter was driving in the accident that killed her dad. According to some sources, she is very, very upset. I mean, I know her dad was killed, but she blames herself.

He was a frequent guest of a radio show in Omaha and the DJs have been calling a lot of people who had worked with Schimmel, like Lisa Lampinelli and Lewis Black. They've been playing clips of his stuff all morning...well, those they can play anyway.

Wasabi Poptart

I really liked his comedy routine. After all he's been through health-wise it's a shame he died this way. I feel bad for his daughter.

filmfanatic

filmfanatic

Brazelton's got another. Add Glenn Shadix to the choir invisible.

The Associated Press: 'Beetlejuice' actor Glenn Shadix dies in Alabama

For those who don't remember Glenn Shadix, he played Otho in Beetlejuice and the Mayor of Halloweentown in The Nightmare Before Christmas.

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Noooooo, not Otho! :(