Brett Farve comes back (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

crono1224

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/stor ... NHeadlines

I realize that this forum probably doesn't have as big of a sports base as most, but i figured this news was pretty major in only the amount it angers me.

I haven't seen this much falletio in a while, but they preform it with the best, especially considered how horribly he fell apart last year, and how everyone was defending him and be like he isn't going to come back, he doesn't flip flop and mess up teams. Then the very next season he comes back out of retirement (if you can call not playing in the summer retirement).

This news furthered my dislike for Farve.

Charlie Dont Surf said:
espn ain't gonna know who to talk about more, mike vick or brett favre. This is gonna be the best NFL season
You're going to draft him, aren't you?

M

meyoumeyou

Attaboy Favre, sneaking in that one extra and entirely pointless flip-flop before the season's start, brilliant.

I hope he throws about 25 picks this year, leads the Vikings to abysmal failure, and generally taints his legacy with these shenanigans.

meyoumeyou said:
Attaboy Favre, sneaking in that one extra and entirely pointless flip-flop before the season's start, brilliant.

I hope he throws about 25 picks this year, leads the Vikings to abysmal failure, and generally taints his legacy with these shenanigans.
Favre can't taint his legacy. No matter what he does now, in 5-10 years (assuming he's really done by then) he'll be remembered as the hall of fame packer.

C

Chazwozel

blotsfan said:
meyoumeyou said:

Favre can't taint his legacy. No matter what he does now, in 5-10 years (assuming he's really done by then) he'll be remembered as the hall of fame packer.

Yeah but man, he should have just thrown in the towel like Joe Montana and Dan Marino.

C

Chazwozel

Charlie Dont Surf said:
Chazwozel said:
Yeah but man, he should have just thrown in the towel like Joe Montana and Dan Marino.
Oh snap, I forgot about that.

But he was traded to the Chiefs wasn't he? It's not like he retired first and then came back...

Not to mention it took a 62-7 loss to get rid of Marino.
Although, I always hesitate to put Montana as a washed up qb when he was with the Chiefs. He still took them to the AFCCG.

Video of Michael Vick getting back in the game.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MV1cjTvVkk&NR=1&feature=fvwp:dvqwxaah][/youtube:dvqwxaah]

And regarding Farve, way to tarnish your legacy. If you would have walked away when you first retired you'd be respected. Now all you get are :eyeroll:

C

Chazwozel

blotsfan said:
Although, I always hesitate to put Montana as a washed up qb when he was with the Chiefs. He still took them to the AFCCG.

Either way, they're still franchise legends for their respective teams, while I think Favre burnt a couple of bridges with the Packers...

Chazwozel said:
blotsfan said:

Either way, they're still franchise legends for their respective teams, while I think Favre burnt a couple of bridges with the Packers...
Oh. I dunno, fans can be forgiving. I mean, we Bills fans love Thurman Thomas even though he, well...

:puke:

C

crono1224

Agreed sadly, as much as he is being a fucknig twat now, because of what he has done in the past he would have had to really messed up the packers association directly for them to even care. This for these next few weeks will probably be plenty of bitching about how annoyingly old and cranky he is. And god willing at the end when they finish 7-9 or worst they will say man that guy is getting too old.

His style of play really doesn't become any better as he ages, he is a wild man and ya.

M

meyoumeyou

blotsfan said:
meyoumeyou said:

He can't ruin his legacy, but he is tainting it.

Fans and media alike will go back to focusing on the more positive parts of his career years after his retirement, but in this 24/7 media covered NFL of today, Favre's ridiculousness of the last few years will be remembered.

Shannow

Staff member
blotsfan said:
Chazwozel said:
blotsfan said:

Oh. I dunno, fans can be forgiving. I mean, we Bills fans love Thurman Thomas even though he, well...

:puke:
Well, you bills fans have nothing to hold on to, and will take whatever you can get.

Fun fact: I spent half a school year in the High School Brett Farve attended. The mini-shrine they had to him and the constant babbling about him during football season really made me dislike the guy....

Status
Not open for further replies.