Butternutsquash, Menage a' 3, Girls with Slingshots, Flaky Pastry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've mentioned it before, but Oglaf makes me laugh and is rather well drawn. Usually rather NSFW.

-edit-

Ah, but thematically, it really isn't like the other comics listed. Still, probably worth checking out.

J

Jiarn

I haven't been able to access Octopus Pie in about a week. Is it just me?

Also thank you for the links Biannoshufu.

I started reading Menage a' 3 since it came out, when the artist broke away from another webcomic I visited on occasion. It has always been one of my guilty pleasure webcomics.

My only issue with it is the fact they seem to hate straight guys, since the only straight male in the story is pretty much the hilarious punching bag for all the gays/lesbians and bisexuals. After years of reading I am starting to feel bad for him.

fade

Staff member
I started reading Menage a' 3 since it came out, when the artist broke away from another webcomic I visited on occasion. It has always been one of my guilty pleasure webcomics.

My only issue with it is the fact they seem to hate straight guys, since the only straight male in the story is pretty much the hilarious punching bag for all the gays/lesbians and bisexuals. After years of reading I am starting to feel bad for him.
So ... Lifetime Network: the Webcomic?
Added at: 18:55
Also that artist (menage a 3) is really good at drawing girls. Guys...eh not so much. I guess it's the hanna barberra premise: realistic girls with cartoonish guys.

Kukuburi is an absolutely beautiful comic by Ramon Perez (who I knew mostly from his artwork for Rifts)

Also that artist (menage a 3) is really good at drawing girls. Guys...eh not so much. I guess it's the hanna barberra premise: realistic girls with cartoonish guys.
Looks to me like the artist pulls a lot from Dan DeCarlo, a famous artist for Archie Comics. The characters have a visual style to them reminiscent of those comics.

D

Disconnected

i like real B-nut squash therefore i will give this a read. also the art looks very nice for it too.

Hmm...not so sure what counts as 'somewhat obscure' in this crowd.
Asiding what's been mentioned already, lemme go through my list (I recently put together a list of ALL the webcomics we follow in order to 'educate' a friend) and post some of the ones that won't get me banned (no, I won't give you the links. Go find 'em yourself).
-Chopping Block (serial killer funnies)
-Nukees (übernerd funnies)
-Spinnerette (mutation can be fun!)
-The Book of Biff (Who knew the simple things in life could be so difficult?)
-The Adventures of Rob and Elliot (Two roommates. Endless possibilities)
-Mows (gently funny comic about some cats...until one of them died. Then he stopped updating.)

--Patrick

-Mows (gently funny comic about some cats...until one of them died. Then he stopped updating.)
Hate to be picky, but his blog http://jaydyke.blogspot.com/ asserts otherwise:

Thanks for the sympathy emails everyone, but none of these cats have actually died recently. Tigey died in 2005, Indy in 2006 and Nonie sometime in 2009. After a long absence from writing this comic, I decided to come back and close it out the way that I think every comic should go. With death. Okay, maybe not every comic. Calvin hopefully lived a long life. The Peanuts gang could have grown old together. But some comics (ahem, Garfield) needed to be killed off by their creators long before they got stale. Or as is the case with most webcomics like this one, they should be closed out in such a way that people aren't wondering "will we ever get another comic?" Although, I can clearly write a 3-ghost comic forever, I don't think I will. But I do plan on halo-ing Tigey, Indy, and Nonie and signing off for good one day... probably.

Kati has been following him since before the actual Tigey died, and it's been a loooooong time since he updated. We don't read his blog, we just assumed he moved on. I'll pass the word on to her, though.

--Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.