Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
A random craving struck me this evening.

I realized I desire cake. However we all know that cake is intrinsically a lie. However if I purchased cake mix and proceeded to make a cake would the cake become a truth? Or would I perhaps be lying to myself?

I hate it when I become introspective!

Side note:

Why do fast food places not serve cake (well none I have heard of).

Imagine if you could go to McDonalds, order your burger and fries, then a nice slice of chocolate cake with it.

The cake is a...

Oh wait, you already did it. Never mind then.

I had cake today. It was chocolate flavored, with raisins. It was better than I expected it to be.

North_Ranger

Staff member
I love me some cake. Especially marble cake or date cake (as in cake with dates in it).

The best cake I ever had? Chocolate cake at Luigi Malone's in Limerick. Thick, juicy, and oh my God so good it was borderline orgasmic.

Dammit, now I want some cake too.

I like cake but I prefer pie. And for some reason after saying that I feel I must post the following image.

Well, if the cake is a lie, then it is actually non-existant. If it is non-existant, then it can't cost any calories to "eat." So, if you had some of this "cake" and were to "eat" it, you could have as much as you wanted because it's not really there and would not cause any ill-effects to a diet.

T

The Pumes

burger King used to have some really delicious oreo cake thingamajig.

I often ponder the old saying "Can't have your cake and eat it too."

Obviously, if you have cake, you can eat it. But once you've eaten it, you don't have it. HOWEVER, you are in possession of cake still, it's in your bowels (I knew I could tie this thread to the sit or stand thread). But eventually you won't have cake anymore, unless you get more cake, which you can then eat!

What if you only take a few bites of the cake ensuring that there is still some left. Once again, you have eaten cake and are still in possession of cake....

I will be making this cake this weekend. Free range fruitcake:

A fruitcake that's actually good. Last time I had to make extra... and neither lasted more than a week. :D

Cajungal

Staff member
Mmmm.... I think I'll use my betty crocker bake and fill soon to make another ice cream cake. :D Homemade buttercream frostiiiiiiiing. :drool:

Cajungal

Staff member
Lots of quickbreads are basically cakes. So moist and delicious... now I must also make pumpkin bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.