Colorblindness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
between 8-12% of all men are colorblind. Very, very few women are (IIRC, the genes lie in the X and Y chromosomes, and men are missing a good chunk, which means that recessive color deficiencies express more easily).

http://www.biyee.net/v/color_vision_tes ... d_test.htm

You need to do 48+ of them to get a good reading, but they are very, very simple choose the closest color match type tests. Shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes.

Note that the brightness of the color may be different - you're supposed to choose the same shade, not the same brightness.

Test Protanopia Deuteranopia Tritanopia
Adjusted Score (%) 72 76 100

-Adam

S

Steven Soderburgin

100% across the board

As with everything else in life, I am perfect

Without taking the test I already know I'm not. I worked in a vision lab in grad school for a few years. All the Ishihara test cards were easy for me to read (and they are constructed to compensate for brightness) and color matching tasks were easy to do (when brightness was varied). Still, it is surprising how many people do not know they are colorblind.

There were some combinations that had red and magenta in the answers, and a darkened color that was very had for me to tell whether or not it was red or magenta. I'm assuming those are where my misses were.

Once, a finger spasm caused me to double click. I assume that was a miss, too. heh

hm. while i did get a 100 across the board, it seems that i am about .2 of a second behind hylian on response times.

that's weird. i like to think i have pretty decent reflexes. maybe i need a coffee :bush:

edit: I tried again.

Average Response Time(s) .93 .91 .9
Response Time Stdev(s) .25 .24 .21

tertiary edit: on the above score i got 100 across the board again, but it is worth noting i only did 35 questions.

!00 across the board. My reflex time is moot since I stepped away and took a three minute phone call during the test.

W

Wasabi Poptart

100 95 100

I accidentally double clicked on a couple of them.

Gurpel said:
hm. while i did get a 100 across the board, it seems that i am about .2 of a second behind hylian on response times.

that's weird. i like to think i have pretty decent reflexes. maybe i need a coffee :bush:

edit: I tried again.

Average Response Time(s) .93 .91 .9
Response Time Stdev(s) .25 .24 .21

tertiary edit: on the above score i got 100 across the board again, but it is worth noting i only did 35 questions.

On a quick retry I got

Average Response Time(s) .83 .73 .87
Response Time Stdev(s) .12 .13 .18

C

Chazwozel

stienman said:
between 8-12% of all men are colorblind. Very, very few women are (IIRC, the genes lie in the X and Y chromosomes, and men are missing a good chunk, which means that recessive color deficiencies express more easily).

http://www.biyee.net/v/color_vision_tes ... d_test.htm

You need to do 48+ of them to get a good reading, but they are very, very simple choose the closest color match type tests. Shouldn't take more than 2-3 minutes.

Note that the brightness of the color may be different - you're supposed to choose the same shade, not the same brightness.

Adjusted Score (%) 72 76 100

-Adam
Uh, traditional red/green color blindness is totally an X-linked recessive trait. Which is why men (who only have one X chromosome will become totally color blind), as opposed to a woman (who has to have both X chromosomes harboring the recessive genes to be color blind) are more likely to have the phenotype.

hylian said:
On a quick retry I got

heh, i shaved more time off my score than you. and i was still tired -

okay i need to stop myself before my ocd-competitive tendencies kick in. it will get ugly. i would like to go through life saying that i didn't spend 5 hours re-doing a colorblind test to "get the best score"

Adjusted Score (%) 100 100 100
Test Time (UTC) 2009-07-14 19:26:28
Total Test Number 42 42 41
Correct Answer Number 42 42 41
Wrong Answer Number 0 0 0
Correct Answer Portion (%) 100 100 100
Average Response Time(s) 1.41 1.61 1.87
Response Time Stdev(s) .82 .91 1.55

I have 20/20 vision too which is weird because both sides of the family have vision problems. My moms side pretty much everyone had to have glasses by 18-20 and my dad just started wearing them but he is 44 so maybe its just the old age :p but a lot of people on his side have bad vision.

C

chakz

I got 100. That test was both easy and boring.

Kissinger said:
100% across the board

As with everything else in life, I am perfect
Not until you change your name to "The Magic Murder Bag"

figmentPez

Staff member
I wonder how much this test is effected by monitor calibration/color-accuracy. If you have a really lousy monitor, could you get a false positive/negative? For instance, I know that from when I calibrated my monitor I couldn't get the blue levels right, so dimmer blues don't show up very well. I only got 97 on the tritanopia portion of the test. From a quick google it seems that tritanopia has trouble distinguishing blues from other colors.

Gurpel said:
hylian said:
On a quick retry I got

okay i need to stop myself before my ocd-competitive tendencies kick in. it will get ugly. i would like to go through life saying that i didn't spend 5 hours re-doing a colorblind test to "get the best score"
I am going to restrain myself from going back to try and get a better score. In my defense though I was tired as well.

100 100 97

just missed one, it was one of the ones where I had to choose whether it was closer to pink or closer to purple. My first instinct was the correct answer, but I second guessed myself

Adjusted Score (%) 96 92 94
Test Time (UTC) 2009-07-14 21:27:29
Total Test Number 49 75 59
Correct Answer Number 48 71 57
Wrong Answer Number 1 4 2
Correct Answer Portion (%) 97 94 96
Average Response Time(s) 1.67 1.76 1.52
Response Time Stdev(s) .69 .86 .52

I think I need a better monitor. The really dark colors, I could not tell from black to know which response to choose.

doomdragon6

Staff member
Gurpel said:
hylian said:
On a quick retry I got

That would indeed be unfortunate, sir.

C

Chronos[Ha-G]

Definitely not news to me, though.

EDIT: I'd gladly go through the amount of testing required to get to the "excellent" rating, but since it takes me 4-5 seconds to rate most of these things...I don't want to take that long looking at my screen intently. (Said I needed another 380ish or something? Too many.)

Status
Not open for further replies.