Export thread

Console Joysticks? Assistance?

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Alright, here's the jist. My brother's been on my case to play online fighting games with him for over a year. I visited him and played some Mortal Kombat: Complete Kollection, Mortal Kombat 9 and UMvC3. Sure enough, the bug bit me and it bit me hard.

Problem is, I haven't owned a console joystick in years. I loved his Mortal Kombat 9 CE joystick, if only for the "guts". It's a real arcade board with replaceable parts. Unlike most "Tournament" joysticks out there, which basically = a gamepad board connected to Arcade Buttons. Also the heavy quality feel in the MK joystick was fantastic. So why don't I just get the MK joystick?

Because the button set-up is for MK. Makes playing any Capcom fighter very awkward. I have no trouble playing MK on a traditional (3 over 3) joystick but the other way around is just... no.

Sooooo. I need to tell you off the bat, I'm not going to be fond of spending over $100 unless the thing sings like a true cabinet stick. I'd prefer something I could play on PS3, PC and Xbox360 but if forced down to it, PS3 is all I need it for.

Anyone here got some advice? Even better, do any of you mod joysticks in your free time?

SeraRelm

You need a fight stick, or tournament stick. Good ones will, unfortunately, cost you between $90-$140. I have a friend who builds some nice ones up in Canada.

Do. Not. Buy. Them. From. A. Standard. Game. Store. You'll get way overcharged for substandard equipment.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Oh most definitely not, I've been browsing Amazon. The trick is, as I said, finding one like the MK stick, and having true arcade cabinet guts.

SeraRelm

If you feel comfy replacing parts in one, I'd recommend nabbing a standard Madcatz and putting your own guts in. Sanwa and Seimitsu would be best. You don't need to solder anything that way.

ElJuski

ElJuski

OKAY ILL DO IT

Sheg needs advice on...heehee...joysticks? NEVER SAW THAT ONE COMING

*SNICKER* *HORFFFT*

But seriously I have no idea how to help you.

strawman

strawman

Sheg needs advice on joysticks...I have no idea how to help you.
:awesome:

SeraRelm

Well find one with a flesh like grip so you can feel at home, Juski. :awesome:

ElJuski

ElJuski

Two things: at work, the web blocker catches the Community thread for dirty words, but not this one. Odd.

Also, little known fact about my childhood: I used to think I had a very special joystick on my body.

SeraRelm

Two things: at work, the web blocker catches the Community thread for dirty words, but not this one. Odd.

Also, little known fact about my childhood: I used to think I had a very special analogue stick on my body.