Export thread

Consumer Group Want To Ban Happy Meals

Fun Size

Fun Size

Like the title says...

Hrm....how to put this lightly...

Dear Busybody Fucks,

I'm sorry that your mom and dad could not take the time to protect you from the evil food making people. This does not, however, give you the right to start getting things banned on the premise that the rest of us do not understand that eating a Happy Meal every day is probably bad for a kid. Most of us get this, and parent appropriately. Those that do not will most likely raise grotesquely fat kids who will perish early, which frankly is covered by natural selection. So, while the ever present threat of evil corporations tricking us all into giving our kids whatever they want is terrifying to be sure, perhaps you could worry less about babysitting the entire goddamned population and worry more about educating those individuals for whom this might actually be a problem.

Sincerely,
The man they call "Fun Size"

Chibibar

Yea. I do like a happy meal once in a while. Heck, sometimes I gorge on a big mac or two (well not two lately) Just because parents can't be good parents and let their kids eat whatever doesn't mean they can tell other parents what they can't have. It is a treat. Like anything, once in a while is ok, but eating it everyday is bad.

Dave

Dave

We all knew after going after drinking and smoking this would be next.

Chibibar

Nah.... the government (all level) need that Sin Tax :) they won't kill their revenue (especially in some cities when they are BROKE)

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I was actually expecting it to be caffeine, not fatty foods.

Dave

Dave

I was actually expecting it to be caffeine, not fatty foods.[/QUOTE]

Really? With all the focus on American obesity? I thought it was a foregone conclusion.

Cajungal

Cajungal

*groan*

Krisken

Krisken

I respect and admire our new food overlords.

Now hand me that milkshake.

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

I was actually expecting it to be caffeine, not fatty foods.[/QUOTE]

Really? With all the focus on American obesity? I thought it was a foregone conclusion.[/QUOTE]

Oh I figured it would pop up soon, but I figured with the emergence of Energy Drinks and such, it would only be a matter of time until they were pulled from shelves. Drinking shit like that all the time is going to create a generation of students who no longer need to sleep, but vibrate 24/7.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Drinking shit like that all the time is going to create a generation of students who no longer need to sleep, but vibrate 24/7.
DO NOT LET THE WOMEN FOLK HEAR OF THIS! Us older guys won't stand a chance...

Shawn

Shawn

So we're fighting over the definition of "Happy" now?
Every time I walked out of a McDonalds with a brand new, cheap-ass toy I was super excited and pleased. I couldn't give a shit that I just ate something that was probably processed in the same factory as wood chips.

Gusto

Gusto

They keep making garbage taste good with their fuckin' alchemy and I'll keep buying it.

Shawn

Shawn

Extra Extra! McDonald's changes name of Happy Meal to "Food Your Parents Purchased To Feed You and Shut You Up" Meal!

Chibibar

So we're fighting over the definition of "Happy" now?
Every time I walked out of a McDonalds with a brand new, cheap-ass toy I was super excited and pleased. I couldn't give a shit that I just ate something that was probably processed in the same factory as wood chips.
actually some of their toys are getting pretty good. I have been known just to buy the TOYS!!! ;)

Hylian

Hylian

If they do that Ronald would be out of a job and than we would be forced to witness scenes like this all the time. And wouldn't that be a lot more scarring to our children?

figmentPez

figmentPez

*sigh* Don't ban happy meals, stop corn subsidies. If corn ceases to be ridiculously cheap, then real food becomes a better option.

Fun Size

Fun Size

What's funny is that they think banning the toy will stop kids from getting fat, like all the kids were thinking "Well, I guess I can muscle down this cheeseburger and fries so long as I get a plastic (insert movie tie-in here)".

Shawn

Shawn

Ban Milk Shakes because they don't shake.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Well, to be fair we should take them to the yard. If they bring the boys, they can stay.

Shawn

Shawn

I drink your milkshake.

Hylian

Hylian

Ban Milk Shakes because they don't shake.

Espy

Espy

The fast food chain "unfairly and deceptively" markets toys to children through its Happy Meals, the Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) said in a press release today.
This place is clearly full of idiots who need REAL jobs. You know what "Center for Science in the Public Interest"? Why don't you put all that amazing desire to help the public into stopping something like sex trafficking of underage girls and boys? How about working to get grocery stores into low income neighborhoods instead of masturbating to the sound of your own assholes blowing out bullshit?
This reminds me of the other day, the Minnesota Human Rights division is working to end, one of the most horrible things happening in Minnesota right now. What is it you might ask? The rampant child prostitution in immigrant neighborhoods? The clear abuses of humanity found in and around the city? All far to trivial in the face of the evil known as... "LADIES NIGHTS" at the bars. Thats right, the hard earned tax dollars of my state are going to end this vile discriminatory practice. Thank God for people with such vision.

Chazwozel

What's funny is that they think banning the toy will stop kids from getting fat, like all the kids were thinking "Well, I guess I can muscle down this cheeseburger and fries so long as I get a plastic (insert movie tie-in here)".

Damn right. My kids go apeshit as soon as they see the goddamn McDonalds arch logo. Kids like the food. Period. It's high in salt, protein, fat, and sugar. It's exactly what a growing mammal needs! Now, I'm not saying that kids need to eat McD's everyday, but it's really not that bad for them to have it twice a month at the most.

ElJuski

ElJuski

This is silly.

Chibibar

Damn right. My kids go apeshit as soon as they see the goddamn McDonalds arch logo. Kids like the food. Period. It's high in salt, protein, fat, and sugar. It's exactly what a growing mammal needs! Now, I'm not saying that kids need to eat McD's everyday, but it's really not that bad for them to have it twice a month at the most.[/QUOTE]

exactly. I mean a hot fudge sunday is not any healthier either but I don't go eating every week at Braum's. I might go there once or twice a month if that often. It is a treat.

Also the food is CHEAP! It is sad that it is more expensive to eat healthy, even when cooking for yourself. I can go and get two hotdog for like 2$ but to cook myself cost like 3-4 dollars + my time :(

Jay

Jay

First... peanuts...

now happy meals?

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?

Jay

Jay

Is that part of your happy meal?

Cajungal

Cajungal

First... peanuts...

now happy meals?

IS NOTHING SACRED ANYMORE?
Every sperm is.[/QUOTE]

Haahaa, nice. :laugh:

makare

1. ewwww

2. I dont care about this either! Damn, have i completely lost my passion to defend my right to eat certain foods? I have grown old and complacent. They may take my happy meals but they never will take my prunes, er dried plums!

Jay

Jay

Well they do use a special secret sauce...

LittleSin

LittleSin

I don't even....ugh.

It's been said before but I'll say it again: just don't give it to your kids. IUf they kick up a stink just say NO. You are the parent, you can control a child! They'll forget in an hour! They won't hate you for life because you denied them MCDonalds!

Yes, Mcd's is marketed to kids but its the parents that have to bring the children there. Jesus Christ. -_-

Baerdog

Baerdog

Fuck these busybody douchebags.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Well they do use a special secret sauce...
We use different sauces and such than in the US. :D

Because of stricter laws here the fast food restaurants also serve their food with a much lower fat ratio than their US franchises. I noticed this quick when I first ate a McDonald's in the US. Not to mention the sugar highs from various foods, I nearly OD'd when I had a Krispy Kreme donut.

It's still not healthy food, but having it once in a while certainly isn't gonna kill you or make you stereotypical American sized fat either. Moderation is key. This whole deal is about parents who don't know how to raise their kids.. ..as usual.[/QUOTE]
So *that*'s the problem! From now on I'mma tell you to eat an american sandwich, instead of a normal one.

LordRavage

I think the best way to solve this problem is for people to simply stop eating. Eating, breathing, sex, drinking, everything is bad for you. It would be in everyone's self interest if we just grabbed some wire and sew up everyone's holes on the human body.

*Pulls out a needle and wire.

The lines starts here. Who's first?

:D

figmentPez

figmentPez

Forget banning Happy Meals, that's just pie in the sky dreaming and hasn't happened yet. Pay attention to what's already happened! They've banned candy cigarettes! What am I going to do for stick shaped sugar now? :cry:

Baerdog

Baerdog

Pixie Stix, man. Pixie Stix.

Fun Size

Fun Size

I'm not Googling for candy penises at work, but you know they're out there. It's a little harder to look cool with one dangling from your lips, but hey, what can you do?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Oh, and rest assured that Big League Chew is still out there.

Jay

Jay

If guns kill people then spoons make people overweight.

Chibibar

If guns kill people then spoons make people overweight.
nah man, it is spork ;) from KFC double down!!!!