Export thread

Cool Stuff You Just Found Out About

Iaculus

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

VERY cool.

Joe Johnson

Yeah, this one is pretty cool. I have a feeling that whatever they come up with, will be misinterpreted somehow. It just seems like there's no way to convey a message of REAL danger to someone who has no idea what your cultural signs are.

Baerdog

Baerdog

Very interesting indeed. I think that a group of people stumbling onto one of these places could be a very neat adventure hook for a PnP RPG set far in the future.

Matt²

hmm.. toxic waste.. melting humans?

MindDetective

MindDetective

I read about this towel folding robot the other day and almost posted about it. It is hideously expensive.

Towel-folding robot now on general sale - tech - 14 September 2010 - New Scientist

Baerdog

Baerdog

You neglected to mention it's even more important ability: fetching beers.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

At first glance, this little image on the right of that page looked to me like a giant tampon being inserted in a black hole.

MindDetective

MindDetective

You better be patient for that beer, though!

*Edit* hmm...it doesn't embed Vimeo videos, apparently. It said it would...

bigcountry23

bigcountry23

We have an Ice Machine in our break room. I've worked here two years now and just found out about that yesterday.

drifter

drifter

More practical than cool, but I thought it was pretty nifty: How to properly heat your pan.

from Houseboat Eats

Baerdog

Baerdog

You better be patient for that beer, though!

*Edit* hmm...it doesn't embed Vimeo videos, apparently. It said it would...[/QUOTE]
It is still a robot that will loyally fetch its master a tasty tasty beer. Progress is progress!

MindDetective

MindDetective

My wife just taught me how to fold a shirt.

Old, but a first for me!

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Wow.

MindDetective

MindDetective

Thanks for aging me 10 years, jerk!

Iaculus

(watches video).

OHGODWHY?

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Thanks for aging me 10 years, jerk![/QUOTE]

My wankie feels funny every time he looks down.

Hylian

Hylian

I suddenly appreciate my job about a 1000 times more than I did before watching that video

Baerdog

Baerdog

No. No. No damn way they'd get me up one of those.

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

O.O I could not even finish watching it. That weird feeling in the back of my neck was becoming painful.

---------- Post added at 09:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 PM ----------

My wife just taught me how to fold a shirt.
I tried it! That's so cool!

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

That is really interesting.

I agree with some of the comments to the article, that no matter what they do someone is going to get curious and poke at it, since we went into the pyramids despite all the traps and curses. :lol:

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

O_O

Ihateyou.

gargoyle_eva

gargoyle_eva

Man that was an awesome video, I want that job!!
I used to climb my grandad's radio tower when it needed fixing at the age of 8. 30 metres high and no saftey rails on the top platform (they had rusted off a few years ago). What a rush that used to be!

Philosopher B.

Jesus McGillicutty titballs. That's some freaky shit, yo.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

In the distant future, an adventuring party will unleash the horrors of this strange cairn...

Sara_2814

Sara_2814

Iaculus

Another intriguing idea was an arrangement of gigantic, black, “forbidding blocks” which are too close together and too hot to provide shelter.
Hrm - methinks the hippies around Stonehenge might want to know about this. Is anyone going to tell them? No?

... me neither.