Creepy moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went down to the deli in the lobby of my office building for lunch. I get breakfast or lunch there probably 3-4 times a week.

I'm pretty friendly with the people who work there, as they're pretty genial.

Today, I went down for lunch, and there's one guy there that I often talk about Irish music to.

"Hey Greg!" he says.

"Hey!" I say back before realizing that we've never actually introduced ourselves, and that I don't know his name, and he probably shouldn't know mine.

He could've gotten my name from my website, or my CD or something, but it just was kind of weird.

So long as he doesn't follow up with "How's that rash on your left buttcheek clearing up?", you're probably okay.

Cajungal

Staff member
He might have mentioned you to someone else or asked your name if you're friendly with the people there and it's near your work... or he has your name scratched into his leg and an idol of you in his closet made from your CDs.

He was probably all "Man, I'm totally gunna try and guess this guy's name. I'll just throw out whatever and see if he corrects me! Jackass don't even know I been spittin' in his coffee for 15 years!"

Shegokigo said:
*takes notes, nods, and creeps away* :ninja:
Dude, if it took you this long to learn my first name, you're a failure as an internet stalker :tongue: I've given out links to material with my real name several times on this forum and back on hp. I just didn't expect a random deli guy to know it

Espy said:
Do you hand him your credit card when you pay?
Nope...they have two female cashiers, and I swipe the card myself.

Calleja said:
Dude, next time remove your name tag if you don't want people knowing your name :uhhuh:
lol. It's been a lotta years since I worked in an industry that required a name tag. :tongue:

"Whut! Rollin VIP!"

C

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:

I hate to bring it up, but the whole, "internet psycho wannabe" shtick is getting a little old.

Tinwhistler said:
Espy said:
Do you hand him your credit card when you pay?
Nope...they have two female cashiers, and I swipe the card myself.

Calleja said:
Dude, next time remove your name tag if you don't want people knowing your name :uhhuh:
lol. It's been a lotta years since I worked in an industry that required a name tag. :tongue:
Required nothing. I would never give up my "Hi, my name is Dick" button.

It would be even better if Dick was actually my name, but whatever.

Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

I hate to bring it up, but the whole, "internet psycho wannabe" shtick is getting a little old.
"shtick" riiiight. :slywink:

Oh and yes Tin, as you well know, I already have your info in the rolodex anyhow. None the less, couldn't pass up an opportunity. :D

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

"shtick" riiiight. :slywink:

Oh and yes Tin, as you well know, I already have your info in the rolodex anyhow. None the less, couldn't pass up an opportunity. :D
Quite. Just don't freak out if I show up at your local watering hole unannounced some day and join you in sticking a dollar bill in some pretty young dancer's thong. ;)

Tinwhistler said:
I went down to the deli in the lobby of my office building for lunch. I get breakfast or lunch there probably 3-4 times a week.

Today, I went down for lunch, and there's one guy there that I often talk about Irish music to.

"Hey Greg!" he says.

"Hey!" I say back before realizing that we've never actually introduced ourselves, and that I don't know his name, and he probably shouldn't know mine.

He could've gotten my name from my website, or my CD or something, but it just was kind of weird.
Just a thought, ASK if it bugs ya so much. Or perhaps random customer talks to him and he said I was to talking that irish music guy the other day, and random person says oh you mean Greg?

Yeah, I would have smiled surprised and say "oh! how do you know my name?" and then asked his and whatnot

-- less than a minute ago --

Hell, if I ever called someone by their name and knew they hadn't told me themselves I'd be SURPRISED if they didn't ask how I know it.

C

crono1224

Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

I knew exactly how the response would go, a classic (you can't prove one way or another). :D

rac3r_x said:
Tinwhistler said:

"Hey Greg!" he says.

Just a thought, ASK if it bugs ya so much. Or perhaps random customer talks to him and he said I was to talking that irish music guy the other day, and random person says oh you mean Greg?
It doesn't really "bug me so much". It was just vaguely creepy, and I was bored at work, so I posted about it.

I'm not the "OMG! THIS WAS SO WEIRD! CALL THE NATIONAL GUARD!" drama queen type.

Next time he calls you Greg kick him in the face and demand to know how he knows it. When he tells you (and you find out it's something stupid like he heard a coworker call you that) then sheepishly apologize and walk away whistling a jaunty tune.

But the tune HAS to be jaunty.

Fun Size said:
So long as he doesn't follow up with "How's that rash on your left buttcheek clearing up?", you're probably okay.
Well, then at least I'd know what I did after I blacked out on seagrams last weekend.... :redface:

"Man, I don't like that seagrams..it makes my ass hurt!"

Tinwhistler said:
Shegokigo said:
Dude, if it took you this long to learn my first name, you're a failure as an internet stalker :tongue: I've given out links to material with my real name several times on this forum and back on hp. I just didn't expect a random deli guy to know it
That is no random deli guy stalking you. . . it's Shego!

C

Chazwozel

crono1224 said:
Chazwozel said:
Shegokigo said:

I knew exactly how the response would go, a classic (you can't prove one way or another). :D
Sheg's is too busy being trapped in her own life to be a real threat to society. :moon:

Chazwozel said:
Sheg's is too busy being trapped in her own life to be a real threat to society. :moon:
And there's that whole "police/law and order/jail time" thing too.... at least, if I get caught this time...

Thread boring now so I found this while googling Drama Queen.

Modern B Horror fun

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_PwvCGyD3E:3vudnzha][/youtube:3vudnzha]

M

Mr. Lawface

Chazwozel said:
Shego is too busy being scared by faces to be a real threat to anybody. :smug:

C

Chazwozel

Shegokigo said:
Chazwozel said:
And there's that whole "police/law and order/jail time" thing too.... at least, if I get caught this time...
:pud:

Status
Not open for further replies.