Export thread

Customer Service...

Jay

Jay

Why in the hell do I have to press 1 for English and be left on hold for ten minutes to ultimately speak to someone who can’t speak English…….someone please explain this….and what kind of fucken name is Mamout?

General Specific

General Specific

Because companies can save a few dollars by hiring people in India to answer the phones. As a former customer service rep, it bugs the crap out of us, too.

Chibibar

that is poor call center programming :)

I recently deploy Cisco Call Management system at my work. We have different "skill set" which basically a single person can belong to multiple queues. It seems that some of the non-English person might have end up in the English speaking queue or even worst, there might be a code that if customer are on hold for X time, transfer them to next available agent and DIDN'T check to make sure the queue match the customer's request (you can do that and WE DID that by accident and fix the issue)

Of course that is one plausible theory.

The other is that the call center is base in other country during "after hours" or "overflow" when main center is bombarded with calls and you just got unlucky and transfer to that center.

either way, it is likely it is poor Call center programming, poor management, or poor call routing ;)