Dances with Wolves

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Dances with Wolves

Tagline: Inside everyone is a frontier waiting to be discovered.

Genre: [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE], [GENRE]Western[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Kevin Costner[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Kevin Costner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mary McDonnell[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Graham Greene[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Rodney A. Grant[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Floyd Red Crow Westerman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tantoo Cardinal[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robert Pastorelli[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Charles Rocket[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Maury Chaykin[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jimmy Herman[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Nathan Lee Chasing His Horse[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Michael Spears[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jason R. Lone Hill[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tony Pierce[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Doris Leader Charge[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Tom Everett[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Larry Joshua[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Kirk Baltz[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Wayne Grace[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Donald Hotton[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Annie Costner[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Elisa Daniel[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1990-10-19[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]181[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Wounded Civil War soldier John Dunbar tries to commit suicide -- and becomes a hero instead. As a reward, he's assigned to his dream post, a remote junction on the Western frontier, and soon makes unlikely friends with the local Sioux tribe.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

This is one of my favorite movies. Even though it's about 3 hours long I wish it was longer. The ending feels a bit rushed, but it really hits the feels.

Saw it. Liked it. Not sure I would've awarded it Best Picture, but it has quite a bit of plot and tells an interesting story.

--Patrick

Saw it. Liked it. Not sure I would've awarded it Best Picture, but it has quite a bit of plot and tells an interesting story.

--Patrick
The scope of the movie is crazy. I don't think you could get better action shots in any movie today. Watching the really shitty cgi buffalo scene in the lone ranger really drove that home. It deserved every award it got.

Yes. From a technical standpoint, it is very well done. Well-edited, well-shot, etc. The story is compelling, but to me it still felt a little too contrived.
I'll admit to wanting to jump into the screen and brain the idiots who kept shooting at the wolf, though.

--Patrick

I can't disagree with that. It almost needed to be to push the story along though.
I don't think anyone with a heart can watch that scene and not want to punch someone. Also when Wind in His Hair is declaring his friendship at the end. Gives me goose bumps when I see it.