[Funny] Dave DeLong (me) Does some Stand-Up.

Great job Dave! You had some big laughs in there, and your timing on a couple of the lines was really great! Well done! If you want some critcism (and who doesn't), I'd scale back some of the blue language. I think a well-placed "fuck" can have a nice punch, but after a number of them can take away the hit. How many times have you done this bit?

Great job Dave! You had some big laughs in there, and your timing on a couple of the lines was really great! Well done! If you want some critcism (and who doesn't), I'd scale back some of the blue language. I think a well-placed "fuck" can have a nice punch, but after a number of them can take away the hit. How many times have you done this bit?
Bill Cosby didn't have to work blue, be more like Bill Cosby.

Wait

Dave

Staff member
This was my second time on stage with it. The first time I had NO bad language. This time it was that type of crowd so I went with it.

I'm not saying you shouldn't use "bad" language. I just wonder if you are trying to go for a character (your sweatshirt). I wouldn't think a "World's Greatest Dad" would use that language. That's all. I think dropping a F-bomb at the right time could have a bigger effect, since you're playing up the straight-laced dad.

How jazzed do you feel after it's over? It's got to be scary as hell. Bravo! Keep it up! I am jealous. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Dave

Staff member
I'm not saying you shouldn't use "bad" language. I just wonder if you are trying to go for a character (your sweatshirt). I wouldn't think a "World's Greatest Dad" would use that language. That's all. I think dropping a F-bomb at the right time could have a bigger effect, since you're playing up the straight-laced dad.

How jazzed do you feel after it's over? It's got to be scary as hell. Bravo! Keep it up! I am jealous. I think it would be a lot of fun.
Like I said, I showed up as an audience member, not a performer. Underneath I was wearing something that would NOT have been suitable, so I kept on the hoodie even though it was hot as hell on the stage.

And it's a HUGE buzz when you have a good night like this was. Of course, there's also times when you think you'll walk off the stage and right into oncoming traffic, but thankfully those nights are not nearly as plentiful as they used to be.

Dave

Staff member
Lingerie?

Have you ever thought about going by David DeLong?
Dave flows better with the name. Puts the emphasis on the last syllable - "Dave DeLONG". When you leave David it becomes "DaVID DeLong". I've heard it announced both ways and Dave just flows.

Dave flows better with the name. Puts the emphasis on the last syllable - "Dave DeLONG". When you leave David it becomes "DaVID DeLong". I've heard it announced both ways and Dave just flows.
I think the alliteration with David flows better, but you're the one that has to hear it slurred at you by drunks, so whatever works for you.

Dave

Staff member
It's not the drunks, it's the people announcing me to the stage. When it's David they tend to put emphasis on "Daaaaaaayvid DeLong!" as opposed to "Dave DeLONG!" Gives more punch.