Export thread

Demographics: Activity level

strawman

strawman

Just wanted to get a sense of the number of people who enjoy the forum and how they enjoy it.

-Adam

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

I am like a bad rash. I may go away for a moment, but I'll always be back.

Hylian

Hylian

I love this place. So despite some peoples wishes I am here to stay. :p

bhamv3

bhamv3

I count myself as an "occasional poster" but yet I'm still always in the Rogues Gallery. How odd.

Andromache

i lurk often, post when i've a bit of free time. Which ends in about 22 minutes ....

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I'm 4th on the Rogues Gallery. ;)

Shannow

Shannow

What the fuck is the rogues gallery?

strawman

strawman

What the fuck is the rogues gallery?
If you have to ask, then you aren't on it. :tongue:

Occasionally I'll collect the avatars of the top N posters and make an image of them as a snapshot of forum movers and shakers. I'd link to them here, but I have no flickr access here at work. If you want to see the last three I did, search my photostream for rogue http://www.flickr.com/photos/adavis

-Adam

Cuyval Dar

Man, I forgot about that.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Stienman: didn't you already make two on HF? huh.

Also, I do lurk here quite often, but ehhh.....Eh :-P I guess I'll take the last category :-P

JCM

Enter once daily.

Calleja

Calleja

I voted the Rogue's gallery option, but I wasn't as high up in the post counts when the last galleries were made.

Shannow

Shannow

I remember now, thanks.

strawman

strawman

Stienman: didn't you already make two on HF? huh.

Also, I do lurk here quite often, but ehhh.....Eh :-P I guess I'll take the last category :-P
I only made one rogue's gallery for halforum, the other two were from halfpixel. I did do a few other avatar posters, such as this one:

I'll do another rogue's gallery for halforums in a month or three after everything has settled down from the changeover.

-Adam

bhamv3

bhamv3

Ah ha ha, my April Fools avatar's in there.

Also, holy big picture, batman...

Covar

Covar

I love that :durr: picture.

Occasional Poster

I post occasionally.

Krisken

Krisken

Yeah, my April Fools avatar is in there too.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

I post once or twice a day on average I think.

lafftaff

I'm a rare poster, but I lurk everyday.

Calleja

Calleja

I post once or twice a day on average I think.
Yup, about right:

Posts Per Day: 1.76

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Posts Per Day: 20.45
Really? I thought it was alot more.... I better step it up a bit.

Calleja

Calleja

You're gaining on me as it is. I'll sell you the third loser spot. I stop posting as much for a while and you kill the celebrity of my choice for free... deal?

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I go through spurts of activity/inactivity. When life is hectic, I don't visit the site. I also don't really look at the site when I am not at work.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

I post quite a bit

Twitch

I'll go a week without posting and then post in a flurry. Otherwise about once or twice a day I think.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I post about 30 or 40 times a day when I'm on line, but due to RL, I'm often off line for 2 or 3 days at a time. If I was here every day, oy. It's be like the early days of HF :-P

Calleja

Calleja

I'm here, like, most of the time, during weekdays. Then I'm off for most of the weekends.

I'll be getting a job soon, though, so that should change.

Twitch

I'm here, like, most of the time, during weekdays. Then I'm off for most of the weekends.

I'll be getting a job soon, though, so that should change.
Then you just sit here when you should be working, posting in threads about chic-fil-a

Calleja

Calleja

I'm a multitasker, I'm on Facebook, Twittering, chatting with a few people on msn, posting on the forums, looking up for job offers, reading random wikipedia articles and listening to some tunes.

The Who just came up.

I love The Who.

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:31 PM ----------

Oh, hey, I just DINGED! to 40.

yay?

Twitch

If I'm on here it's a safe bet that there's a pile of papers I SHOULD be working on.

Greendog

Must....post...more...

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Personally, I'm here pretty much always:
Work 8-4: I'm online all but maybe 1hr of that time.
Home 5-4am: I'm online with my "internet" system while I'm on WoW/TF2/PS2/Netflix on the main system.

Breaks are:
4am-7am: The hours I'm asleep
Sundays: My only day off and my GFs only day "free", so I'm only online about 2-3hrs per day on sunday.
Whatever nights we plan for "group fun": I'll be gone for about 6-8hrs of that night depending.

Zappit

Zappit

I post pretty regularly. I'm in the "been around forever" category, and intend to stay around as long as the community exists.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I'm around nearly every day even if I don't have anything to say. :popcorn:
2.2 avg posts a day though, so I wouldn't call that several posts.

Calleja

Calleja

I post pretty regularly. I'm in the "been around forever" category, and intend to stay around as long as the community exists.
You post less than once a day, I can't even fathom being on here and not posting as much.

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

I used to post a lot. Sensing that's gonna change soon.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

Methinks Zen is growing tired of our little misfit group. This is.... fourth? post from her nearly saying as much.

Gurpel

Gurpel

normally, a couple of times a day. that hasn't been the case for the last 3 days, but that is a story for a new thread.

do we still have smileys here? :bush:

Cuyval Dar

Methinks Zen is growing tired of our little misfit group. This is.... fourth? post from her nearly saying as much.
And at least 2 tweets.

Gusto

Gusto

I've been in the rogue's gallery ever since the last couple at Halfpixel, but I post much less often than I did in the heyday of HF'. I'm still trying to feel my way around here at HFs.

Like why the fuck do I have a level now, and what's my talent spec? Do I get the new rank of Arcane Missiles soon? When can I summon a warhorse?

AND WHERE THE HELL ARE MY EMOTICONS >: [

Gusto

Gusto

Hehe, sorry, didn't mean to turn this into my own personal rant thread. Looks like I got some rep to grind.

DAILIEEEEEEES :Leyla:

Cuyval Dar

Hehe, sorry, didn't mean to turn this into my own personal rant thread. Looks like I got some rep to grind.

DAILIEEEEEEES :Leyla:
:rofl:

I'm going to be a Master Poster/Master Social Grouper/Tagger myself.
And, god willing,and with a lot of luck, I'll one day unlock my moderator slot.

That is, if the devs don't bring back the hologrind.

(The SWG people will rofl at all of that.)

Foxfiree

Posting as a daily lurker, rarely poster. Been lurking since the image forum days and followed you all here. mwa haha. I did finally enter my registration again since the move. :)

Calleja

Calleja

Wow, now THAT'S a pro lurker

Silvanesti

Been lurking for the summer, but now I am trying to get back into the swing of things.

---------- Post added at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Posting as a daily lurker, rarely poster. Been lurking since the image forum days and followed you all here. mwa haha. I did finally enter my registration again since the move. :)

haha, ditto kinda. Lurked since image, posted like twice on halfpixel, and then plunged in at HF

ZenMonkey

ZenMonkey

Just saying I don't think I'll be posting as much as I used to, for non HF-related reasons. There's only a couple of individuals I'm really tired of.

From another thread:

Threads like these are what keep me at Halforum. No I am not being sarcastic.

netsirk

netsirk

Wow, now THAT'S a pro lurker
yeah, I started lurking during the image days as well. I can count the number of posts at each board (under different usernames, natch) on one hand, so I'm already almost at this board's quota, unless I reform my lurker ways ... or transplant on some additional fingers :confused: