Do company have to really cut corners when it comes to their safety?? (Army Helmet)

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chibibar

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/05/17/ap/business/main6492052.shtml

They are recalling 44,000 helmet. Y'all know I am always rooting for capitalism and making profit, but seriously. Do company have to cut corner and "churn" out inferior equipment to our brothers and sisters who are out in the field protect our freedom?

I am not just talking about this war or that war, but I feel that companies should make the best product possible. It saddens me that I am hearing that soldiers are not getting enough protection out there. Bad vest, now poor helmet. What is next? 2nd rate guns?

Do company have to really cut corners when it comes to their safety?? (Army Helme

Capitalism is its purest form has shown time and time again that safety and human life are low priorities.

Do company have to really cut corners when it comes to their safety?? (Army Helme

hmm, Deja vu. I recall having to exchange out our helmets last fall because a design defect.

W

Wasabi Poptart

My husband has already told me if he gets deployed to an area with active combat that he is going to buy his own gear instead of using what they will issue him.

Is it really any surprise that U.S. Cavalry puts it's stores next to military bases?

I always had to keep a close eye on my catalog when I was in the Navy. Everyone wanted to check it out.

I buy a lot of my own gear, but from what I am seeing coming from the field testing in Afghanistan those guys are carrying gear that is light years ahead of what I had when I was there. If you get the chance check out the Army Times and what they are testing in Afghanistan. Commanders are actually encouraging soldiers to wear what is comfortable, a nice change in policy for mountain warfare.

Yeah, why can't they give the troops great helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.