Export thread

Do you always have to get the last word?

Necronic

Necronic

I've noticed that I always try to get the last word these days. Are you like that too?

Dave

Dave

Yes.

Philosopher B.

Only when I post on the Image forum, lol.

Gusto

Gusto

I contemplated saying "Yes" and then locking this thread.

Dave

Dave

DAMN IT!!

That's exactly what I did, Gusto! But you guys posted too quickly and now the joke is ruined.

bhamv3

bhamv3

I find it more effective to let the other person have the last word, while he/she knows exactly that's what I'm doing.

"Obviously you feel stronger about this issue than I do, so if it means that much to you, I'll be happy to agree to disagree with you. I won't be replying further to anything else you post."

Gusto

Gusto

Honestly I prefer having a little more subtlety to my conversations, at least those that occur in real life, where I can make an expression that could potentially take the place of a few sentences.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I can see this thread never ending.....

Dave

Dave

This is the thread that never end! And it goes on and on, my friend!

Wasabi Poptart

No. Though in my household it usually ends up that way anyhow.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Only when I am really pissed off in an argument.

Cajungal

Cajungal

OH yeah. I'm the daughter of a lawyer. I always have to be right.

Krisken

Krisken

I think most people here would think I'd say yes, but for the most part I decide to let most things go.

HCGLNS

HCGLNS

Well I always let my wife think she had the last cold beer in the fridge, but there is always a secret last beer that is only for me, so yes I always have the last beer.

Azurephoenix

Azurephoenix

I only need to have the last word if I really strongly believe someone is wrong about something dear to me... otherwise... let the baby have their bottle.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

I only need to have the last word if I really strongly believe someone is wrong about something dear to me... otherwise... let the baby have their bottle.
Pretty much this. I couldn't care less most of the time, but if I'm really into a conversation that turns...exciting, I automatically go for "last word".

Fun Size

Fun Size

I find that any conversation where someone feels the need to have the last word is one in which no one is really listening anyway, so no, I don't see a lot of point to it.

Unless the last words can be "your mother". Then, sometimes.

Cobra Star

I used to do it, pretty badly actually. Especially in arguments.

With time I learned to not really care and have a "oh let them think they won" attitude.

Hylian

Hylian

For me it just depends on the conversation and what kind of mood I am in at the time.

General Specific

General Specific

no

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

I not only don't worry about getting the last word but I often don't care if I put in the first or even an inbetween word.

General Specific

General Specific

not me

ElJuski

ElJuski

With time I learned to not really care and have a "oh let them think they won" attitude.
Haha, the second sentence is SUCH a contradiction

Cobra Star

Haha, the second sentence is SUCH a contradiction[/QUOTE]

ElJuski

ElJuski

I know.

Chazwozel

Haha, the second sentence is SUCH a contradiction[/QUOTE]

You know, you're kind of a vindictive little bitch lately...

ElJuski

ElJuski

Just calls 'em as a I sees 'em. Hey, you can always just give me neg rep dogg!

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I tend to get the last word in during normal conversations. But it is mostly in a sub-conscience manner.

OK,
Alright.
Bye,
Yeah, Me too.
See ya tomorrow.

LordRavage

YOU SHALL NOT HAVE THE LAST WORD!!!!

General Specific

General Specific

What?

LordRavage

Dont mind me. I am home sick with the flu. I feel a little off kilter.

Oh..and it is spelled "Wat?" not "What?".

General Specific

General Specific

WHAT!?

LordRavage

What???

(No really. I type in 'What?' in google images. This came up.)

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

What???

I think we could all do with an explanation of that.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I almost never need the last word in arguments. I very much used to be the person that was a total shit**** about things and would never let them drop. Now I don't care.

You know what, I'm offended that dick or cock isn't censored but **** is. That's a God damn double standard.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

I think the "wat?" is the expression on that dude's face.

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Well, if we have a lingerie american football league, I see no reason why we can't have a sports bra world cup.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Id watch that.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

Id watch that.
I'd TIVO the hell out of that...

and then wear it out.

Morphine

Morphine

Normally, yes, (I'm stubborn, I admit it) but it depends on who I'm talking to.
If it's a stupid person, I really won't even bother...

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Nope. Actions speak louder than words.

What???

That's the only one that had me go "What?" outloud the moment I saw it.

Element 117

General Specific

General Specific

HOLY CRAP, I'M CYCLOPS! :D

Krisken

Krisken

I would take that as an insult myself.

Element 117

and aligned

General Specific

General Specific

Hell yeah, I'd be looking at that.

I would take that as an insult myself.[/QUOTE]

What, the 2 incredibly hot wives he's had? The great planning ability? The physique (not gay)?

Element 117

I tried to fit the SDF 1 main cannon in there, but I couldn't get the angles right. :(

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

If you're movie Cyclops, yeah. If you're comic Cyclops you're a fucking badass.

Krisken

Krisken

If you're movie Cyclops, yeah. If you're comic Cyclops you're a fucking badass.[/QUOTE]
Movie Cyclops got hit so hard by Dark Phoenix he ended up in the DC universe as a normal human.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

If you're movie Cyclops, yeah. If you're comic Cyclops you're a fucking badass.[/QUOTE]
Movie Cyclops got hit so hard by Dark Phoenix he ended up in the DC universe as a normal human.[/QUOTE]

Movie Cyclops is an insult to the regular one. He's a tactical genius and his blasts are strong enough to blow Wolverine's skin off.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

This thread better end with Dave saying:

"yes"

*lock*

General Specific

General Specific

but can't mods & admins still post in locked threads?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

and aligned
I think I'm more impressed by the angle of refraction than anything else.

Shooting lasers from extremities? Pfft! Passé...

Refracting them after they've been shot into you from another source? Now THAT'S talent...

Null

Null

God, that's starting to remind me of that wierd-ass Xenosaga conversation I'd gotten involved in, about the "Womb Laser".

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Those poor Gnosis . . . .

Null

Null

I hated that game. I don't think I made it through the first chapter before going "You know, screw this," and putting it away. I haven't played it since.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I hated that game. I don't think I made it through the first chapter before going "You know, screw this," and putting it away. I haven't played it since.
I think I made it about 6 hours into the first one before dying enough inside to give up. I went in expecting Xenogears, which I suppose was my first mistake.

Null

Null

Yes, and there is a huge difference. Xenogears was hard, but awesome; Xenosaga is just plain fucked up.

To explain about the womb laser: I was talking to someone about the game, asking if it got better, and if the totally obvious "mystery" about KOS-MOS' development was supposed to be a shocking twist later in the game. That started the person I was talking to off on KOS-MOS' "womb laser", as she called it. Apparently late in the game, or ever a later game, KOS-MOS' abdomen opens up and fires some doomsday beam that wipes out the aliens. So I said something like, "Well, you can't have a combat gynoid without internal weaponry, I guess" and she just went on a tear about how awesome it would be to have a 'womb-laser' and, mind you this is a direct quote, "Every lesbian should have one so they can vaporize men."

At which point I was scared to say anything else.

ThatGrinningIdiot!

ThatGrinningIdiot!

Yes, and there is a huge difference. Xenogears was hard, but awesome; Xenosaga is just plain fucked up.

To explain about the womb laser: I was talking to someone about the game, asking if it got better, and if the totally obvious "mystery" about KOS-MOS' development was supposed to be a shocking twist later in the game. That started the person I was talking to off on KOS-MOS' "womb laser", as she called it. Apparently late in the game, or ever a later game, KOS-MOS' abdomen opens up and fires some doomsday beam that wipes out the aliens. So I said something like, "Well, you can't have a combat gynoid without internal weaponry, I guess" and she just went on a tear about how awesome it would be to have a 'womb-laser' and, mind you this is a direct quote, "Every lesbian should have one so they can vaporize men."

At which point I was scared to say anything else.
The gameplay was really, really wonky. But I endured, I can kill the final boss with little effort. The story was pretty much my drive for completing it.

Null

Null

Let me put it this way: You know early in the game when you have to play tag with the crewmen, and that becomes the key to escaping the Gnosis? I never succeeded.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

I just couldn't get into the characters or combat, and since that's all the game really was for the first 6 hours, I dropped it.

Wasabi Poptart

Are you guys done yet?

Math242

Math242

yes, yes they are

Element 117

Are you guys done yet?
Apparently not.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

We are.... now.

Fun Size

Fun Size

No...now.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

OK, you hang up first...

Fun Size

Fun Size

:laugh:

Baerdog

Baerdog

OK, you hang up first...

No, you hang up first.

Fun Size

Fun Size

Dude, there's someone else on this line with us...:shocked:

General Specific

General Specific

The call is coming from UPSTAIRS!!

Wasabi Poptart

"Have you checked the children?"

Matt²

Period. Exclamation mark. Three dots (no four dots!). Hanging sentence... question mark?

Baerdog

Baerdog

Dude, there's someone else on this line with us...:shocked:
It's a party line!

*parties*

Krisken

Krisken

ElJuski

ElJuski

Thank god this isn't a Say Something About the Poster Before You thread or else no one would have the last stupid word...

Cajungal

Cajungal

^Has a kind of gross avatar now

....:awesome:

Wasabi Poptart

So I guess this is it, right?

Disconnected

yep. it is.

General Specific

General Specific

this is what?

Disconnected

the song that doesn't end.

Hylian

Hylian

Gusto

Gusto

this is what?

(I'm so glad I was able to post this today.)