Export thread

Drifter's Occasional Art Thread

drifter

drifter

I'm prolly not doing the draw-every-day thing, but something Allen said resonated, so here's the sketch that popped into my head.

Interestingly, I just checked Allen's thread again, and we came up with roughly the same color schemes independently. Huh.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

I can't like this enough.

LittleSin

LittleSin

Jeezus. That is gorgeous.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Damn, your one entry has enough talent to outlast my thread for a week..

Hylian

Hylian

Very nice :thumbsup:

fade

fade

That's awesome. It looks like the fall is making her vagina very cold, and she's trying to warm it up.

drifter

drifter

Drawing a bunch of tiger faces as a favor. Sketched out roughs, redrawing to practice with the tablet.

Ugh. I'll fix it later.

drifter

drifter

So lately I've been browsing Reddit a lot. This is inspired from one of the threads. Be thankful I decided to put it behind a spoiler.

fade

fade

Technically, it's awesome. The subject ... um ... whatever floats your boat.

drifter

drifter

Heh, stricken of context it does seem creepy, doesn't it? Also, I think the thing that really give it an edge is the fact that the baby's face is turned away. I originally intended to draw the baby's face turned up over the shoulder, looking all cutesy and mischievous, but I got lazy so I just hid the face. Almost didn't post it because of the creep factor, but eh, fuck it.

Hylian

Hylian

I am pretty sure I know what thread on Reddit gave you that idea. But yeah I could see that this would be very weird to someone who didn't get/know the context behind it.

Have an upvote from me :)

drifter

drifter

Didn't want to horn in on Allen's action, but the idea of Tress's face hugger chibi-fied caught my fancy. Not sure how I feel about how it turned out, though. Just doesn't look right.

drifter

drifter

Also, chibi-fade makes me giggle.

drifter

drifter

Inspired by the Origin story thread, although I never did get to see GasBandit's picture. Anyway, with much jocularity I present to you:

Baked Bean-tan.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Drifter, your chibis are easily my favorite posts so far. I really think everyone should adopt them for their avatars because they're just fantastic.

The Ewokian Baked Beans though? Your finest work, hands down!

drifter

drifter

Aw, shucks

drifter

drifter

Lulz. This ended up being less a chibi'd avatar and more how I like to imagine Amy spending her leisure hours.

So, I figure this is either going to have you going

or

You may want to keep that in mind before you hit the spoiler.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

The resemblance is uncanny!

Gusto

Gusto

HEE HEE HEE

LittleSin

LittleSin

I don't know what I was expecting but man...oh man. XD

Biannoshufu

i loll'd sooo hard

and yeah that's pretty close.

drifter

drifter

I tend to think of Bumble as a cheerful, happy-go-lucky type, so it amuses me to think of him as a brooding seme type.
If you've been in checkeredhat's drawing thread, then you know where this is coming from.

Bishonen Bumble:

Allen who is Quiet

Allen who is Quiet

:rofl:

LittleSin

LittleSin

Lol. Where has bumble been?

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

Poor Bumble, what have the Moon People done to you?! :D

Gusto

Gusto

Bumble-kun!

fade

fade

Give him a huge-ass sword for no reason.

drifter

drifter

Tit elate an ass a lot. The resulting mental image recorded here.

Context.

-edit-
Considering Cheesy's reaction, perhaps it's best to put this behind a spoiler

Cheesy1

Cheesy1

:Leyla:

Philosopher B.

The slight dribble of saliva makes it.

drifter

drifter

Trying for a Kate Beaton thing. Maybe not entirely successful, but it's loads better than my first sketch. Also, I originally envisioned him with a square, but Frankie doesn't smoke.

Context.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

I don't think I've ever been happier...

I hope you don't mind that being avatar'd?

drifter

drifter

Not at all. On the contrary, I'm rather tickled that people seem to enjoy them enough to use them as avatars.

Frank

Frankie Williamson

In actual criticism, it totally has a Hark, A Vagrant thing going for it (cleaner, but similar) and the red scorpion is an absolutely beautiful touch.

drifter

drifter

Whenever the PVP discussion thread pops up in What's New, I feel the need to check out the comic to see what's going on. This is invariably how i feel when I do. Context for the unfamiliar.

This was a lot funnier in my head. Feeling pretty meh about it. Oh well.

Bowielee

Bowielee

I like the Portlandia reference :)

drifter

drifter

Was trying for a sexy girls with guns thing. Allen reminded me how awesome short skirts and long jackets are, so I modified the idea accordingly.

Disliked how it was going, so stopped and switched up the composition. Here's how far I went with the first one.

Nothing worth seeing really, but I thought it might be of interest to record how things change.

Second try looks promising thus far; fingers crossed.

drifter

drifter

Still working on that other thing... so far so good, I'll probably toss up some progress shots soon. In the meantime, here's a fairly quick little drawing inspired by Amy's latest username. The concept amuses me, and if I can get a composition that pleases me I might redo it... assuming laziness doesn't get the better of me.

BananaSeifuku:

drifter

drifter

Looks like I won't be able to work on shortskirtlongjacket for a bit, so I'm dumping what I've got so far. It's just as well, since I'm now in insecure/indecisive mode on it. While I do like the overall pose, I wonder if I should go for some more aggressive foreshortening, maybe do a little fisheye distortion or something. Also, feeling kind of iffy on the overall anatomy/perspective. I think I have it right, but I'm not quite sure. Meh, some distance might do some good. If anyone sees anything obviously wrong/has suggestions, I'd like to hear them.

fennewalde

fennewalde

Worth finishing.

Her right leg is wonkapalooza. The underdrawing is more correct. IF you want the leg going in it's current direction, to quote Air Jordan, "As the leg goes, so must the butt".

Well, i have no idea what the hell that was about. But if the leg is going to move, the 'tocks must move accordingly as well. I personally feel the underdrawing is a lot more weighted and grounded = power. You can make it work either way though.

Also, post real media drawings. Don't be a ween.

drifter

drifter

Worth finishing.

Her right leg is wonkapalooza. The underdrawing is more correct. IF you want the leg going in it's current direction, to quote Air Jordan, "As the leg goes, so must the butt".

Well, i have no idea what the hell that was about. But if the leg is going to move, the 'tocks must move accordingly as well. I personally feel the underdrawing is a lot more weighted and grounded = power. You can make it work either way though.

Also, post real media drawings. Don't be a ween.
Good call on the leg.

Also, real media drawing? You mean like for real pen and paper stuff? Huh. Well, I do have some old sketches I never bothered to finish...

drifter

drifter

So, after seeing Fennewalde go to town, I thought I'd update with a progress report.

drifter

drifter

Also, I presume people would know, but I should probably mention that the above picture is totally not mine; I just came across it on the internet a while back and found it quite apt.

GIS tells me it's the work of one Mikiko Ponczeck. Here's a link to the original, which is slightly different.