Dumb question: How do you use an itunes gift card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alucard

I've never used an itunes gift card before since I use my normal credit card for my account.
For my birthday I got one for about 30.00's. I knew how to enter in the numbers in and all that.

However when I went to purchase a few thing it still charged my credit card instead of the gift card.
Is there an option somewhere that will let me do this?

I don't want 30.00's to go to waste. Yeah I know this may seem like a stupid question but the itunes help
site wasn't entirely helpful.

Yeah I know this is a stupid question here but I'm kinda stuck and its annoying.

C

Chibibar

Actually it is not stupid :) does your iTunes show you have 30$ credit? It should auto take out the credit first THEN charge the remaining (if you don't have enough) on your form of payment.

That is how mine is setup. I don't iTunes on this desktop but I can check home (where I enter all my cards)

A

Alucard

Yeah it shows the 30.00's in that grey amount bar area when your in the store. Just strange.
It didn't take money out from the gift card and only charged my credit card like when I normally make a purchase.

I typically slide it in between the door frame and the door, right below where the knob is installed. Then, by carefully trying to turn the knob while simultaneously angling the card upward at an angle...wait, what are you trying to use it for.

K

Kitty Sinatra

I typically slide it in between the door frame and the door, right below where the knob is installed. Then, by carefully trying to turn the knob while simultaneously angling the card upward at an angle...wait, what are you trying to use it for.
That's just useless advice: Cat's trying to rig a bomb.

Dave

Staff member
Topic?

Seriously, though, this is a tough one to diagnose without seeing what's actually happening. You could be missing something simple. I've never used an iTunes card but I do know I had no end of trouble trying to buy something using PayPal. In fact, had my credit card not expired it would have tried to charge it several times while I figured it out.

do you have to activate the card to use the money? It's been a long time since I've had one of these....

A

Alucard

I don't think so. Once you punch in the number thing on the back of the gift card it automatically goes to your account on how much you have
and subtracts from that when you make a purchase.

Just weird.

I don't think so. Once you punch in the number thing on the back of the gift card it automatically goes to your account on how much you have
and subtracts from that when you make a purchase.

Just weird.
If it's not letting you spend it then go to the help menu and send them an email describing the problem. They've always been really good about dealing with stuff like that.

A

Alucard

Okay thnks dude. I checked the help section before coming here since it didn't seem too specific.

Yep. It's usually just 'click redeem and type in the code' and you're done. If it's more than that, it's time to chat up the support folks.

--Patrick

A

Alucard

Okay guys I'll try it again. Just weird. It's 30.00 bucks so its annoying since I don't want that money to go to waste lol.
Again thanks for the help guys. I'm semi tech savvy so this itunes thing is a bit embarrassing.

Status
Not open for further replies.