Export thread

Dumbass...

Chazwozel

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,593430,00.html

A Georgia woman spent 11 days in a coma and had her breast removed after a bite from a brown recluse spider, MyFoxAtlanta.com reported.
Victoria Franklin, 51, didn’t realize she had been bitten on her left breast. More than a week later, she was suffering from severe nausea and vomiting, and her breast was infected so badly that it started to turn black and smell.
"It was like a stench, like I want to say, like rotten eggs or something like that, but it was stronger and I couldn't take it anymore," said Franklin.
When Franklin finally admitted herself to Wellstar Windy Hill Hospital in Paulding County, Ga., her breast had become gangrene, and the infection sent her into a coma for 11 days.
When she woke up, doctors told her they had to surgically remove the muscle and breast tissue from her left side.
Franklin said she hopes others will learn from her experience.
"If they have spiders, and they know they have spiders like I knew I did, I want them to be very aware and get their houses exterminated," Franklin said.

Oh ok, so you decide to go to the doctor only after your tit turns gangrene and begins to rot off a couple of weeks after the spider bite. Makes perfect sense, moron.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2008/12/17/beware-the-brown-recluse-spider/

Check out the hand in the article. This is with getting timely treatment. The guy in the photo is a professor at a small college I attended.

Cajungal

Cajungal

Good LORD. She didn't have any clue something might be wrong before the smell set in?! I'm so afraid of being bitten by one of those.

Chibibar

Good LORD. She didn't have any clue something might be wrong before the smell set in?! I'm so afraid of being bitten by one of those.
you know, after a couple of days (1 or 2) or heck even the next day, you would notice the pain wouldn't you?

Cajungal

Cajungal

Yeah, it's supposed to be very painful and have a very distinctive mark. The only way I can see this being understandable is if she had an unbelievable threshold for pain and never showered/changed clothes.

Chibibar

Yeah, it's supposed to be very painful and have a very distinctive mark. The only way I can see this being understandable is if she had an unbelievable threshold for pain and never showered/changed clothes.
if the article is true (it is hard to believe) the only thing I CAN think of is that, maybe she never shower/change and possible she might have a breast job that could "block the pain"?? I don't know. It is hard to believe that she never felt it and just smell it.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I got bit on the face by a spider. It was ugly for a bit. Nasty little bastards. It bit me while I was sleeping. The next day I felt like crap. My face was swollen like there was half a golf ball under my skin. I didn't go to the doctor for a couple of days. It was right in the middle of finals week, and I was stressed and too worried about the exams. When I got to the doctor, the nurses and doc took turns telling me how dumb I was for waiting to come in. They actually brought in other nurses and docs to come in and take a look at my face. Thankfully no gangrene or bad skin necrosis, so I don't think it was a recluse.

IronBrig4

IronBrig4

I was eating when I saw this, now I'm not hungry anymore. Anybody want my fish sticks before they get cold?

Soliloquy

I was eating when I saw this, now I'm not hungry anymore. Anybody want my fish sticks before they get cold?
Sure. Send them over.

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I think fish sticks are worse than gangrene. :puke:

Cajungal

Cajungal

I was gonna say... are you sure the nausea is from the spider story and not the breaded, minced frozen fish?

Chibibar

Sure. Send them over.[/QUOTE]

hehe.. I never let anything hamper my eating... the only thing that hamper my eating is all you can eat pizza and 3D movie. the stupid glasses refuse to stay on!

drawn_inward

drawn_inward

I was gonna say... are you sure the nausea is from the spider story and not the breaded, minced frozen fish?[/QUOTE]

We're such food snobs!

Cajungal

Cajungal

I was gonna say... are you sure the nausea is from the spider story and not the breaded, minced frozen fish?[/QUOTE]

We're such food snobs![/QUOTE]

:smug:

Chibibar

We're such food snobs![/QUOTE]

:smug:[/QUOTE]

heh. I'm still waiting on Cajungal's chicken ;)

Fun Size

Fun Size

Tats a horrible story, and tits a shame that she went through that. Not everyone can be abreast of medical situations like you guys. Shame on you for making fun of her. I hope this haunts your mammaries later.

Cajungal

Cajungal

heh. I'm still waiting on Cajungal's chicken ;)
:cry: I can't come this year.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Tats a horrible story, and tits a shame that she went through that. Not everyone can be abreast of medical situations like you guys. Shame on you for making fun of her. I hope this haunts your mammaries later.
I re-entered this thread just to say she was a "boob" (wich I've read somewhere means a "stupid person")... :_(
Puns in english are very hard for me!!

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

That is a truly sad and depressing thought.

Cajungal

Cajungal

That is a truly sad and depressing thought.[/QUOTE]

:slap:

rac3r_x

rac3r_x

:slap:[/QUOTE]

:smug:

Element 117

I'm so happy you beat me to saying that, and I will place a flower on your grave for your bravery.

Cajungal

Cajungal

It's not true, I tell you, and I have documentation to prove it! *waves mysterious papers in the air*

Soliloquy

Know any good Spanish puns? I think we'd all like to learn.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

Know any good Spanish puns? I think we'd all like to learn.[/QUOTE]

I... Yes... uhm...

*runs away*

Soliloquy

I... Yes... uhm...

*runs away*[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on, you have to know something. Every other word in that language rhymes.

Silver Jelly

Silver Jelly

I... Yes... uhm...

*runs away*[/QUOTE]

Oh, come on, you have to know something. Every other word in that language rhymes.[/QUOTE]

I'm punny in person, but I can't think of anything right now... V_V

Calleja

Calleja

What? No they don't.

Puns in spanish don't work quite the same as in english, but a favorite of mine has always been:

De mi arte a tu arte, prefiero miarte.

There. You're welcome, I'm sure that was very illuminating for you.

Soliloquy

No they don't.
Well, not literally. But it's a lot easier to rhyme words in Spanish than in English.

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

What? No they don't.

Puns in spanish don't work quite the same as in english, but a favorite of mine has always been:

De mi arte a tu arte, prefiero miarte.

There. You're welcome, I'm sure that was very illuminating for you.
Is that a variation on the "Cat Game" from Super Troopers?

Null

Null

What's so funny meow?

Officer_Charon

Officer_Charon

And yes, sometimes we get bored enough to do stuff in that vein. *grins*

Although it's usually at each other's expense...

Null

Null

The bulletproof cup scene was just insane, but Bearfucker was hilarious.

Soliloquy

what bugs me is that I understood every word of Calleja's pun, except the word that made up the pun itself.

So, at risk of sounding like an idiot (ah, who am I kidding, I do that all the time):

¿Qué quiere decir "miarte?"

Calleja

Calleja

It's close to how you would pronounce "mearte".

Soliloquy

It's close to how you would pronounce "mearte".
Ah. now that's a word they don't teach you in highschool Spanish class.

Necronic

Necronic

Brown Recluse bites can be devastating even with timely treatment. One issue is that at first they look like a mosquito bite. Here is a timeline of the shots. be warned they get VERY disturbing (this is the time lapse of the picture sixpackshaker linked earlier):

Day1:

Day 3 - Could still be mistaken for a mosquito bite, maybe some poison ivy or something. A lot of people would just put neosporin on this:

Day 5 - Probably time to get to a doctor. But if its not a place you look at a lot....still you should probably catch this

Day 6 - Whoops, guess you waited too long....

Day 9 - good chance if you aren't dead then you will be soon...

We texans know about the brown recluse. It's a scary mother fucker. I had a friend get bitten by one, it almost killed him, and he only put off treatment for a day or two while he thought it was a mosquito bite.