Duty (Girl Genius 7/13/09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking that the king who created Von Pinn is in fact the Storm King. That would explain the prophecy about the SK and the female Heterodyne. But the question remains about how the SK knew about all this stuff. Was he from the future or at least receive information from the future

I'm pretty sure that it is the Storm King, as she specifically says it's a King, and not an Emperor (in which case it would be Klaus), Baron/Duke/Count/similar title(one or more of the Knights of Jove), or Queen (Lucrezia).

That, or it could be either one of the Heterodyne Boys. Though AFAIK they don't call themselves King.

North_Ranger

Staff member
My money's on the Storm King. But honestly, I have terrible trouble keeping up what the hell is going on. Had the same thing with Buck Godot's Gallimaufry saga. Plots within plots within plots... Macchiavelli would smile so wide his head would crack and fall off.

Green_Lantern

Staff member
I honestly don't have any idea, I though that Von Pin was build at image of lucrezia, thus built after lucrezia was adult.

Maybe Von Pinn is the "Other"? Think about it Von Pinn could travel from into the past using the "time windows" and decide that the best way to protect the "female Heterodyne" would be to capture her and give her to the Geisterdamen to watch over. As some people have theorized that durng the flashback sequence the Geisterdamen were giving. There is an arm that looks a bit like Von Pinns. Now since Von Pinn looks a bit like Lucrezia she could have pretended to be her and gone to the castle and kidnapped Lucreazia and the female Heterodyne to satisfy her twisted view of keeping her safe.

Now I agree there are holes in the theory but I think we can add this to the list of possibilities. Even if Von Pinn isn't the "Other" she may have driven Lucrezia to become the other by doing said events.

hylian said:
Maybe Von Pinn is the "Other"? Think about it Von Pinn could travel from into the past using the "time windows" and decide that the best way to protect the "female Heterodyne" would be to capture her and give her to the Geisterdamen to watch over. As some people have theorized that durng the flashback sequence the Geisterdamen were giving. There is an arm that looks a bit like Von Pinns. Now since Von Pinn looks a bit like Lucrezia she could have pretended to be her and gone to the castle and kidnapped Lucreazia and the female Heterodyne to satisfy her twisted view of keeping her safe.

Now I agree there are holes in the theory but I think we can add this to the list of possibilities. Even if Von Pinn isn't the "Other" she may have driven Lucrezia to become the other by doing said events.
I'm pretty sure it's been indirectly confirmed that Lucrezia is the Other.

Wahad said:
hylian said:

I'm pretty sure it's been indirectly confirmed that Lucrezia is the Other.
Beh. "Indirectly" just means that we can be thrown another curve ball.

I like Hylian's way of thinking. It almost feels twisty enough to be onto something. Something about the whole Lucrecia = The Other thing just seems off. If it's been established that Lucrecia was The Other, and that she's only ever had black plans for her daughter and the world, why are they still so careful not to directly implicate her in the flash backs? From what we've seen we know she drugged Klaus (and probably shipped him off somewhere where he fathered Gil) and we know she came to the Geisterdam while pregnant. But whenever we see that metal claw signaling orders or reaching out for someone the owner of it is always out of frame or hidden.
Oh I'm pretty sure Lucrecia had something to do with The Other. And she might have even been The Other at some point. But I think something happened and perhaps things didn't go according to her original plans which resulted in the death of her first born... her son.
Now we come to Agatha and we have to ask "why was Lucrecia pregnant a second time with Bill's child?". Was she a guinea pig for her own biology experiment using Bill's DNA? Or Did she and Bill couple again after the events of Castle Hetrodyne's destruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.