Everybody say "Metal Gear?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Soliloquy

So, on a whim (because of this thread), I decided to try my best solid snake impression -- putting on a headband, making my (annoying, nasally) voice as deep and scratchy as possible, and dramatically saying "Metal Gear?!"

Then I decided it would be awesome (and/or hilarious) if everyone got on camera and tried to imitate the line -- eventually resulting in a compiled video of the halforums community at its most badass.

Or... trying to be its most badass, at least.

So, anyone care to join in? All you need is a webcam and, optionally, a bandana. If that fails, a photo and a voice recorder will do.

edit: re-did the audio. Didn't like the way my crappy computer microphone did it, so I used a voice recorder of mine and dubbed it over.

edit2: For those who haven't heard the original line, it's at 1:54 in this video. Thanks, esc!

S

Soliloquy

"Metal Gear?!" (Halforums Compilation)

Awesome! And that's Julie below you, right?

I re-did the audio on mine... wasn't satisfied with my crappy computer microphone, so I used a voice recorder. I hope my dubbing job is all right.

S

Soliloquy

Hmm... not many people joining in.

Maybe if I change the title...?

I've never played any Metal Gear game so I can't say it right.

Is there another video game quote I might be able to substitute?

I hope someone's gonna make a compilation of all these by the way.

Or overlay them so it sounds like the Borg are concerned about Metal Gear.

S

Soliloquy

Not everyone may have a digital video recorder or a webcam. I know I don't.
Hmm... does your computer have a microphone on it? Or do you have a headset? Because if so, you could record your voice on something free, like Audacity.

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

I hope someone's gonna make a compilation of all these by the way.

Or overlay them so it sounds like the Borg are concerned about Metal Gear.
If we get enough of these, I'm totally going to do both of those.

J

Jiarn

"Metal Gear?!" (Halforums Compilation)

Yes, I am hiding in the shadows to make sure people don't make fun of my ugly face. ^^;
Since all I have to go on is a silhouette of your glasses, you are now perceived as such:

Let me tell ya, that's not a bad thing.

I wonder how many takes CG will have to do to say it without smiling :p.

I had better recordings than the one I did, but I'd start laughing midway through unless I slapped myself five times to sober up. I also should've tried for more surprise, since that's how Snake is supposed to be coming off, like you just told him his mother in law is coming over for the already stressful family dinner he'd been planning.

"Metal Gear?!"

This is such a strange thing to do.

And I'm not trying to be a downer or knock anyone's hobby, but this is a strange thing to do.

S

Soliloquy

This is such a strange thing to do.

And I'm not trying to be a downer or knock anyone's hobby, but this is a strange thing to do.
Those kinds of things are usually the best things to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.