Export thread

Exercise

Ezeran

While reading the martial arts thread I've decided it's time to start getting off my lazy ass and start doing some exercise especially as this is something I've been procrastinating on for a while.

Now the issue is I due to a few debts and stuff that won't clear up til next month, have no cash for gym, martial arts lessons or even basic equipment (weights etc). So what I'm looking for here is some basic equipment free exercise to help get me started such as running, push ups, sit ups........those basically being the only three I can think of.

Koko

High intensity interval training can be done running up hills, depending on where you live.
(HIIT + diet is one of the most effective thing you can do)

Wyrminarrd

A good exercise for the lower abdomen is to lie flat on your back and then lift your legs into a vertical position (keeping them straight the whole time), Jumping Jacks are ok though I admit that I don't use them. Jump robe is of course great for endurance, a good robe shouldn't cost much but if you can't get one then just pretending to have a robe can work though you'll feel very silly while doing it :)

phil

phil

Buddy of mine has been doing this and likes it

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

basically it sets out a guideline for people who want to start running.

You can also use www.mapmyrun.com where you type in your city and place a starting point and end point and it will tell you how far it is. Depending on where you live, there are also pre-mapped areas that other people have made so depending on how long you want to run for you can find good areas to do that instead of just having to guess and determine how far your route is.

Ezeran

Thanks for the info so far, and I should point out that running is out right now due to me living in a city thats mostly hills and due to a combo of rain and snow for the last few weeks everything is nearly shear ice.

Wyrminarrd

To work on your calf's you can simply lift your self up on your toes repeatedly. Lounges and squats are great for the legs and rear.

Chazwozel

Tie rope around your waist. Other end of rope to car bumper. Signal for friend for floor it. Fast running. ENGAGE!

Thanks for the info so far, and I should point out that running is out right now due to me living in a city thats mostly hills and due to a combo of rain and snow for the last few weeks everything is nearly shear ice.

I run in the rain and snow. Pussy.

Chippy

Chippy

Thanks to this thread I now have Jillian Michaels' man face staring at me in a banner ad.

Kitty Sinatra

Thanks to this thread I now have Jillian Michaels' man face staring at me in a banner ad.
I didn't realize I had adblock set up to block anything. Apparently I do. Lets see if I can fix that.

JCM

Running and Yoga.

Unless you are into body-building, these two will be all that you need, no equipment necessary besides a mat and comfortable stretch pants.

Cuyval Dar

Distance running, bitch. Get into shape, and start running 5ks, half-and full-marathons.