Export thread

Face it Tigger you just hit the Jackpot.

Covar

Covar

@Li3n

@Li3n

Disney slips Marvel a Mickey

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThatNickGuy

Huh.

Huh, didn't see that coming at all. Wonder what this means for Boom's deal with the Pixar comics.

I'm very curious about this. On the one hand, it could mean internal changes (Quesada go bye-bye? *crosses fingers!*). It could certainly mean changes to the titles (how does Disney feel about Spidey making a deal with the devil?).

One thing it DEFINITELY means: no more shopping around their franchises to different movie studios. That's part of the reason we get so little DC Comics movies, because they're forced to work exclusively through Warner Bros.

Yeah, not sure what to think of this, yet.

Covar

Covar

Hopefully They will take the mostly handsoff role that Warner Bros has had with DC. At lease publicly its pretty minimal involvement. They've been mostly happy to let Didio run their major titles to the ground.

sixpackshaker

sixpackshaker

They may finally put out some decent weekday Marvel cartoons. Out side the X-men extreme and the latest Spidey cartoon, Marvel cartoons have been craptastic.

elph

They may finally put out some decent weekday Marvel cartoons. Out side the X-men extreme and the latest Spidey cartoon, Marvel cartoons have been craptastic.
I wouldn't count on that. The only 'decent' cartoon Disney ever put it (with a feel of a comic) was Gargoyles.

I'm just amazed that it was Disney to buy them and not Universal. The Universal/Marvel projects are a lot more frequent.

Marvel Island at Islands of Adventure.
Wolverine & The X-Men shows on Nicktoons Network.
Iron Man (kid Stark) shows on Nicktoons Network.

I'm sure there are many more, but those are the first 3 to come to mind off the top of my head.

I know Disney is doing a lot better with their Disney XD (ex-dee) label. Maybe this will just be a good extension of it and they'll leave the comic devision alone.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

At first I was like:
"OH FUCK NO!!!"

Then I thought about it for a minute:
Have I read a Marvel comic in years other than "Marvel Zombies"? Hm. No.

So as long as the "Marvel Productions" movie company is "left alone to produce their films unhindered" I don't really care at all. Of course what's funny will be all the "direct to video" movie sequels done after every major film.

I guess my biggest question is: "Why?"
Why would they do this? 4 Billion? I didn't see Marvel in "financial trouble" so why the sellout?

fade

fade

Could it get any worse? When I was a kid, DC sucked. It was the kiddie comic company. Marvel had the better stories, and Spider-Man was my hero. But since roughly the Clone era, the stories have royally sucked. To cite an example, the Morlun/animal spirit and the "I'm a hyperevolved spider with stingers" crap they pulled in Spidey was so bad, I wouldn't have wiped the Clone Saga's butt with it. And that's saying something. Maybe this will be a good thing.

Hylian

Hylian

I filled with paranoia and fear by this news

@Li3n

@Li3n

The wolverine and every feral mutant are descended from mutant wolves thing was way worse...

But they still make some good comics, like Daredevil, Cpt America and the current space stuff...

Why would they do this? 4 Billion? I didn't see Marvel in "financial trouble" so why the sellout?
what, 4 billion isn't enough?

Dave

Dave

Huh.

Huh, didn't see that coming at all. Wonder what this means for Boom's deal with the Pixar comics.
A friend of mine tweeted last week to buy up Marvel stock. Wish I'd have had money to do it because this guy gives sound advice.

Ravenpoe

Ravenpoe

A friend of mine tweeted last week to buy up Marvel stock. Wish I'd have had money to do it because this guy gives sound advice.
Didn't Martha Stewart go to jail for that?

@Li3n

@Li3n

She went to jail for listening to what others where saying on twitter?

Calleja

Calleja

What the fuck!?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Haven't been a Marvel or DC fan ever... but I liked some of the movies that came out.

At least we got those out before Disney will sprinkle fairy dust all over 'em.

Calleja

Calleja

Disney is gonna censor the FUCK out of Marvel comics now, isn't it?

Tiq

could go either way.. marvel has been a lot less hit than miss lately, anyways.

Espy

Espy

Probably not.

edzepp

I don't read Marvel comics at all, but this is just right outta nowhere. I'm genuinely surprised by this, considering how absolutely incongruous these two companies are. You just don't expect something like this to happen.

(Pray they don't mess with Iron Man 2.)

Calleja

Calleja

Probably not.
Are you sure, baby? I mean... when Scrubs moved to ABC they had to agree to NOT show Todd in his signature banana-hammock, cause that was a no-no for disney.

How is this gonna be different, I wonder?

twitchmoss

twitchmoss

does this increase the chance of ryan reynolds idea of a R-rated musical deadpool movie? i hope so.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

does this increase the chance of ryan reynolds idea of a R-rated musical deadpool movie? i hope so.
Sadly no. Fox still owns Deadpool.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Wel WB had DC, so i guess Disney didn't want to be left out...

@Li3n

@Li3n

This one's too good not to post here:

Smart move by Disney, and it can only help Marvel's fledgling movie studio. I do wonder what this will do to Universal Studio's Islands of Adventure, though. And maybe we'll get a Marvel theme park out of it.

And I now expect Marvel to quickly announce how Dark Reign is going to end.

Over in Invincible Iron Man, it's fairly obvious now that at the end of "World's Most Wanted" and "Stark Disassembled", Scrooge McDuck will buy the remains of Stark International. Meanwhile, Tony Stark and Gyro Gearloose together create the bitchin'est suit of Iron Man armor yet.

Darkwing Duck will join the Mighty Avengers, and will be instrumental in taking down the Unspoken in the current storyline.

Morgan LeFay teams up with Magica DeSpell for revenge against Dr. Doom.

Pluto joins the Pet Avengers.

And in an epic series that will have everybody talking, Norman Osborn is taken down once and for all and H.A.M.M.E.R. disbanded. Donald Duck is appointed the director of the replacement organization, Q.U.A.C.K.

And Donald Duck, Agent of Q.U.A.C.K., has a conflict of interest when it's revealed that Huey, Dewey and Louie are mutants and they join the X-Men.

Also, people are taking about a Pixar film with marvel characters... though i doubt that's gonna happen any time soon.

Zappit

Zappit

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Hanna Magneto? Howard the Duck with three annoying nephews?

Though I could get interested in a Ghost Rider/Tron crossover. GR on a lightbike?

Better yet, unleash Deadpool on the Disney 'verse.

Covar

Covar

Changed the title to be more awesome.

I swear to god just have Spectacular Spider-man stay on the air Disney I won't complain about this deal for a year.

ThatNickGuy

Hanna Magneto?
LOL. *thumbs up!*

I, for one, can't wait to see M.O.D.U.C.K. (obscure Marvel villain reference for the win!)

Or World War Stitch.

Or Mighty Incredibles, Dark Incredibles and New Incredibles.

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:05 PM ----------

Two words:

Finding Namor

Covar

Covar

M.O.D.O.K isn't that obscure.

ThatNickGuy

Eh, obscure enough that the average person not familiar with comics doesn't know him.

Also:

http://twitpic.com/fzqqa/full

Covar

Covar

that picture is full of win.

figmentPez

figmentPez

chakz

What the fuck!?
This sounds about right.

---------- Post added at 02:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

Also: Does this mean the next kingdom hearts game will include spider man? Will we see wolverine duke it out with cloud? It warrents thought.

figmentPez

figmentPez

Also: Does this mean the next kingdom hearts game will include spider man? Will we see wolverine duke it out with cloud? It warrents thought.
More than that, what could this mean for the next Marvel vs Capcom game?

chakz

More than that, what could this mean for the next Marvel vs Capcom game?[/QUOTE]

:Leyla:

ThatNickGuy

[/COLOR]Also: Does this mean the next kingdom hearts game will include spider man? Will we see wolverine duke it out with cloud? It warrents thought.
Kefka vs. Deadpool.

Nuff said.

figmentPez

figmentPez

from Kotaku: The Disney Marvel Team-Ups We'd Like To See
There's commentary and more at the link, but:

Marvel Kingdom Hearts (on a TF2 map, no less)

Marvel vs. Disney

Ice Man / Walt Disney Marvel Team-Up :rofl:

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

More than that, what could this mean for the next Marvel vs Capcom game?[/QUOTE]

GONNA TAKE YOU 'ROUND THE WOOOOOOORLD

DUNNA DUNNA

DUNNA

DUN

elph

Covar

Covar

GONNA TAKE YOU 'ROUND THE WOOOOOOORLD

DUNNA DUNNA

DUNNA

DUN[/QUOTE]
well I suppose it is a small world after all.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I just can't stop smiling at the sheer wit that is the title of this thread. Seriously, :D-:thumbsup:

ThatNickGuy

Personally, I'm just loving all the comedic material that's popping up as a result of this.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

That would have been much funnier (and way more accurate) if the roles were reversed.

figmentPez

figmentPez

I just can't stop smiling at the sheer wit that is the title of this thread. Seriously, :D-:thumbsup:
Every time I read the title, I hear it in my head. I'm not sure which animated series the voice I'm hearing is from, but yow that's a great line, especially from that voice actress.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

That would have been much funnier (and way more accurate) if the roles were reversed.
This.

Rob King

Rob King

fade

fade

Meh.

Iceman/cryo Walt was the funniest yet.

Lally

Of course what's funny will be all the "direct to video" movie sequels done after every major film.
After the Pixar merger, John Lasseter became the head of the animation studio, and he SAID they'd do no more direct to DVD sequels because everyone knows they suck and they "tarnish" the Disney brand (I'd say there are a few other things that tarnish the Disney brand, but that's just me). Supposedly the Little Mermaid one they put out last year was going to be the last one since it was the last one in production when he took over, but... I don't know if I'd hold my breath.

CynicismKills

CynicismKills

Of course what's funny will be all the "direct to video" movie sequels done after every major film.
After the Pixar merger, John Lasseter became the head of the animation studio, and he SAID they'd do no more direct to DVD sequels because everyone knows they suck and they "tarnish" the Disney brand (I'd say there are a few other things that tarnish the Disney brand, but that's just me). Supposedly the Little Mermaid one they put out last year was going to be the last one since it was the last one in production when he took over, but... I don't know if I'd hold my breath.[/QUOTE]

If he doesn't get pressured into it I would think he'd keep his word. Pixar hasn't made anything full on terrible yet (Cars wasn't THAT bad).

Lally

I don't have any particular mistrust of Lasseter, it's the company as a whole I see desperate to squeeze every last penny out of any once creative idea. So the pressure part is what I'm worried about.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Just had to necro it for this:

The Doom flags on the Disney castle are the greatest thing ever... Disney needs to make it happen.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Ummm... why is Scrooge McDuck getting dollar signs in his eyes OUT OF SPIDEY'S ASS?! :shocked:

Iaculus

Ummm... why is Scrooge McDuck getting dollar signs in his eyes OUT OF SPIDEY'S ASS?! :shocked:
He has a very marketable ass. He'd have to, in that costume.

Bowielee

Bowielee

LOL, that picture is awesome. I particularly love Squirrel Girl with Chip and Dale.

Is that supposed to be Hannah Montana singing with Dazzler? If so, that is also very win.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

LOL the pairings are perfect, and I loved the Doom castle.

Bowielee

Bowielee

It also looks like Emma Frost and Jasmine are ready to get it on with each other.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

It also looks like Emma Frost and Jasmine are ready to get it on with each other.
:heart:

Dusty668

I think Snow White and Cinderella are reconsidering the whole 'Prince Charming' thing too.

fade

fade

Ha, that's great. Saved. I love that they got Squirrel Girl in there. I would've also accepted her easily taking down any of Disney's baddies in one fell swoop. To wax geeky, though, unless it's 1967, The Thing would rip Mr. Incredible's arm off if the movie's any indication.

Allen who is Quiet

Allen, who is Quiet

Heh, Beauty and the Beast.

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Ha, that's great. Saved. I love that they got Squirrel Girl in there. I would've also accepted her easily taking down any of Disney's baddies in one fell swoop. To wax geeky, though, unless it's 1967, The Thing would rip Mr. Incredible's arm off if the movie's any indication.
Incredible might not have been as strong, but he's completely indestructable. So I doubt the rip.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Poor Goofy... always the butt monkey of the Disney universe...

AshburnerX

AshburnerX

It's actually Donald more often than Goofy. In fact, anytime they are both on screen in the same game/movie/cartoon, it usually defaults to Donald instead of Goofy.

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

It's actually Donald more often than Goofy. In fact, anytime they are both on screen in the same game/movie/cartoon, it usually defaults to Donald instead of Goofy.[/QUOTE]

Being Venon is considered to be a butt monkey?

Calleja

Calleja

Genie imitating Dr. Strange FTFW

JCM

It's actually Donald more often than Goofy. In fact, anytime they are both on screen in the same game/movie/cartoon, it usually defaults to Donald instead of Goofy.[/QUOTE]Its a bit different between them, as Donald often causes problems for himslef, while Goofy is rather naive and just happens to be a victim of fate.

BTW; Is it me or does Tiger Woods have some of the ugliest sex scandals since Bill Clinton?

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

What does Tiger Woods have to do with Marvel or Disney?

Terrik

Terrik

Dusty668

Goofy tends to have 'dumb luck' in shows that feature more than 1 leading character (Mickey, Donald, & Goofy) whereas Donald tends to get the short end of the stick almost every single time. This is karma at work.

Karma???

@Li3n

@Li3n

It's incredible what a little photoshop can do for a woman's look, innit.

BTW; Is it me or does Tiger Woods have some of the ugliest sex scandals since Bill Clinton?
Woah, i'm happy for you Bill, and i'mma let you finish, but Tiger had the best sex scandal of all time, of all time.

JCM

Woah, i'm happy for you Bill, and i'mma let you finish, but Tiger had the best sex scandal of all time, of all time.
Did it become a trial that got national coverage, and immortalized the phrase "define sex"?

Shannow

Shannow

he is looking at the value...in RAPE DOLLARS!!

Qonas

Did it become a trial that got national coverage, and immortalized the phrase "define sex"?[/QUOTE]

No but we have Waffle House waitresses, scores of affairs, Elin buying an island, and the mysterious car crash that's getting dissected like the Zapruder film.

Adam

Adammon

Goofy tends to have 'dumb luck' in shows that feature more than 1 leading character (Mickey, Donald, & Goofy) whereas Donald tends to get the short end of the stick almost every single time. This is karma at work.

Karma???[/QUOTE]

Wow. She changed a lot!

[/QUOTE]

Curious you miss Karma's biggest jump...

Bowielee

Bowielee

Yeah, I'm sure there's some storyline I missed with Karma, but the version they had of her in the NEW New Mutants was WAY too young. She was the only adult on the original team.

Bowielee

Bowielee

That's why she got the lead, right? She was the eldest member of the original New Mutants. And the first too if I recall. I liked that series. When it went X-Factor not so much anymore. I didn't care much for Cable.
X-Force, actually. X-Factor was either the original lineup of the Xmen or a team led by Havok, depending on which decade you're in. Yeah, Liefeld gutted The New Mutants and left it for dead.

Though, I do love what people did with Cable afterword. The Askani's son comics are some of my favorite x-men stories.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Did it become a trial that got national coverage, and immortalized the phrase "define sex"?[/quote]

No but we have Waffle House waitresses, scores of affairs, Elin buying an island, and the mysterious car crash that's getting dissected like the Zapruder film.[/quote]

I have no clue what Qonas is talking about, and I had to hear about the Tiger Woods thing from my MOM. I had no idea. I still don't care either way. Black golfer .. president of the United States... yeah, sorry.. I'm gonna go ahead and say that the Clinton thing was bigger. (giggity)[/quote]

So i take it you guys think Beyonce should have won....

@Li3n

@Li3n

Okay, I initially thought those random words were supposed to be part of Taylor's lyrics because you mentioned Beyoncé but a little Googling tells me it's the women Tiger slept with? I don't see how that's relevant to Beyoncé? I don't watch MTV, or TV period.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Yeah, that's totally what invoking Kanye means...

@Li3n

@Li3n

I still have no clue wtf you're talking about. Nor how it related to Disney and Marvel. >.>Krang.
JCM brought up Tiger for some reason (the name is close to Tigger?)... and i was making a joke...

Also, i see why they call her Wonder Woman... :eek:

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

SpecialKO

SpecialKO

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

I still have no clue wtf you're talking about. Nor how it related to Disney and Marvel. >.>

So, here's a picture of Wonder Woman's ass:

Is it the best ass of all time? (OF ALL TIME!)

I dunno. You be the judge.. squishy alien.. tripod.. type... thing.
Krang.
Source Ame?

Also I'm more of a SuperGirl fan than Wonder Woman. I have a thing for young, thin blondes, what can I say?

@Li3n

@Li3n

fade

fade

Eh, I like the wholesome looking supergirl, but usually she gets drawn as a valley girl bimbo.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Eh, I like the wholesome looking supergirl, but usually she gets drawn as a valley girl bimbo.
I wonder why....

Shegokigo

Shegokigo

Yeah, I'm all about the valley girl bimbo for the bedroom. It's the morning after I want the Wonder Woman. :rofl:

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern

Yeah, I'm all about the valley girl bimbo for the bedroom. It's the morning after I want the Wonder Woman. :rofl:
early morning bondage?

How about Wonder-Girl II? All of super-bimbo and wonder-bondage combined in the same travel-sized package.

@Li3n

@Li3n

Someone needs to make some DC/Warner Bros. stuff too methinks.

JCM

Wasnt Miramax films owned by Disney?

Anyway, if they can make something as awesome as-

Hopefully it wont look like-

fade

fade

Ha. The Wolverine Mickey is awesome.

fade

fade

Oh man! The X-Men musical is great!

Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern