Export thread

Face masks

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

My wife's been making face masks for friends and family and co-workers. But now she's out of personal contacts to make masks for, so I encouraged her to set up an Etsy shop. She's got a ton of cute designs, if anyone is looking for face masks still, or if you just want something cuter than what you have.

Dave

Dave

Ordered 3 for the wife, who has to go back to work stating this Tuesday and only has normal blue ones.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

What style did you get? :D

Dave

Dave

#2 or #3. Can't remember. But I ordered 3 of them.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I had her go look it up..cute ;) She'll get 'em packaged up today, and I'll get 'em in the mail.

Dave

Dave

I went upstairs and told my wife I ordered her some masks. She laughed and said she did the same thing a couple minutes before I came up. From Etsy. Not the same store, but we were on the same wavelength.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

well, I hope you like my wife's the best ;)

jwhouk

jwhouk

Two solid red ones ordered. :)

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Two solid red ones ordered. :)
She's got ya :D The Etsy app makes this loud, obnoxious "cha-ching!" every time an order comes through.

What would be super helpful is that if you guys like your masks that you leave her a good review. She's a new store, so she's struggling to get noticed among the sea of masks on Etsy right now. It's like Etsy has become "the mask store" :eek:

WasabiPoptart

WasabiPoptart

#20 is a mermaid print so you know I had to get it!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I would, but
A) my dad is making them too, and the sowing is great exercise for his Parkinson's so I can't deny it to him and
B) the shipping would make it slightly ridiculous

But cool masks!

PatrThom

PatrThom

It's like Etsy has become "the mask store" :eek:
sales.png

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I would, but
A) my dad is making them too, and the sowing is great exercise for his Parkinson's so I can't deny it to him and
B) the shipping would make it slightly ridiculous

But cool masks!
We're only shipping to the US anyway ;) Not out to compete with anyone, so two thumbs up for your dad!

jwhouk

jwhouk

She's got ya :D The Etsy app makes this loud, obnoxious "cha-ching!" every time an order comes through.

What would be super helpful is that if you guys like your masks that you leave her a good review. She's a new store, so she's struggling to get noticed among the sea of masks on Etsy right now. It's like Etsy has become "the mask store" :eek:
You have to wait until the mask is ordered to do that, tho... so she'll have to wait for mine.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Hey, @Tinwhistler , any chance she's going to make kid sizes?

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Hey, @Tinwhistler , any chance she's going to make kid sizes?
She's not super craftsy. Took her nearly 100 masks to figure out how to make them really well. So I think she's sticking with a one-size model for now. That said, some people have used them for their kids. They just tied off the elastic for a better fit.

1589156131522.jpeg

jwhouk

jwhouk

Minor note - dunno if I didn't order the right size, but mine are really really tight on my face. As in "making my ears hurt because the elastic isn't loose enough and pulling them forward" tight.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

She makes them all the same size. But people have different sized heads, so it's hard to accommodate everyone with one size. Lemme send you a PM

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

We're only shipping to the US anyway ;) Not out to compete with anyone, so two thumbs up for your dad!
Let us know if you decide to ship to Canada?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Let us know if you decide to ship to Canada?
I wouldn't count on that.
The cost of shipping from the USA to Canada is notoriously, grossly inflated for some reason.
Standard shipping price for a box about the size of a coffee table book, maybe a pound or two (500g-1000g).
From New York to L. A., about 2500mi/4000km - A little over $8.
From Detroit to Windsor, about 5mi/8km- Just under $30

--Patrick

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

I wouldn't count on that.
The cost of shipping from the USA to Canada is notoriously, grossly inflated for some reason.
Standard shipping price for a box about the size of a coffee table book, maybe a pound or two (500g-1000g).
From New York to L. A., about 2500mi/4000km - A little over $8.
From Detroit to Windsor, about 5mi/8km- Just under $30

--Patrick
What would it cost to drive across the bridge to a Canadian UPS store and ship from there? Not counting the cost of passport processing.

PatrThom

PatrThom

What would it cost to drive across the bridge to a Canadian UPS store and ship from there? Not counting the cost of passport processing.
I know, right?
Oh, and the bridge/tunnel fee for a single passenger vehicle is about $5 each way, less if you purchase ahead or have a pass.
I just automatically assume anyone who does the journey as a daily commute likely also has a lucrative side business shipping at least a couple packages per day.

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

The problem is, once you get to Canada you'd be required to self-isolate for two weeks.

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

I see a few, I'll shop more closely when I get home.

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

Well 43,31 and 10 ordered.

phil

phil

Got ours today!

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

Perhaps I spoke a bit too soon. They're definitely too tight for my melon head.

phil

phil

Perhaps I spoke a bit too soon. They're definitely too tight for my melon head.
My wife sewed straps to mine. I can tie it and it fits a bit better

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

They are pretty, but yeah, they're not gonna work.

Dave

Dave

"One size fits most."

:p

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

"One size fits most."

:p
So far, that's been true. We've only had a few folks who reported that the elastic was too short. Mostly from halforumites...we just got big brains or something ;)

I have a big head, too. Found that out when I got sized for my navy dogbowl. I needed her to make one with more elastic in it.

jwhouk

jwhouk

A case of stress testing is in progress with me today. I have mine on here at work.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Are your coworkers in masks as well?

jwhouk

jwhouk

Yes - though they all have the disposable ones.

It came out pretty well, but I washed it when I got home.

@Tinwhistler - you can tell the wife that the larger loops make it relatively comfortable.

Tiger Tsang

Tiger Tsang

I mailed mine back yesterday. If larger/longer loops are available, that would be nice. \

Emrys

Emrys

I got my masks. Thanks so much. I shall be the belle of the coronavirus ball. :heart:

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

We’re really liking ours. Thank you :)