Export thread

Faith in humanity being restored, piece by piece.

Enresshou

Enresshou

Guy's friends from Russia arrive in US with a job prospect that "mysteriously" falls through. Employer--in a textbook pretext for human trafficking--wants to meet them at a strip club at midnight to give them 'hostess' jobs. Metafilter community bands together and saves the day.

When you're finished reading that (or just click if you want 'spoilers'):
the girls ended up staying with Mrs. Pterodactyl, a ton of people from Metafilter offer help/donate $3,500 to the family/come by and visit/take the girls on sightseeing tours to counteract the fear and helplessness.

The only thing this story was missing was Liam Neeson going after the mobsters.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have something in my eye.

Element 117

yeah, i was reading about this for awhile last night. Happy for the happy ending.

Null

Null

I think the average person will do good, when they're made conscious of the option to do so.

bhamv3

bhamv3

We'd do the same, right?

Right?

David

David

I think the average person will do good, when they're made conscious of the option to do so.
You'd think that, but than you just need to rewatch the video of multiple people simply walking passed the stabbed, dying homeless man.

North_Ranger

North_Ranger

Dammit, I have something in my eye...

Piotyr

Piotyr

You'd think that, but than you just need to rewatch the video of multiple people simply walking passed the stabbed, dying homeless man.
[/QUOTE]
The trickiest part is getting the first person to help. Once one person is helping, many more will follow suit.

Element 117

We'd do the same, right?

Right?
We already do.

Thread Necromancer

Thread Necromancer

We'd do the same, right?

Right?
We already do.[/QUOTE]

*nods sagely*