Export thread

Fantasy question: Shadow Dragon?

Matt²

Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic :: Confrontation Time!

I'm unfamiliar with the concept of what I'm presuming is a Shadow Dragon? I found Google unhelpful this time, so I thought I'd ask some experts.

ALSO... YAFGC is an awesome comic, and it's creator does an awesome version of Doctor Who as well.

FnordBear

FnordBear

Shadow dragons live in the underdark of D&D worlds. They have darkness based powers and drain the life force of creatures.

Shadow dragon

• Breath weapon: Energy-draining shadows
  • Terrain: Underground
  • Alignment: Always Chaotic evil
  • Image:
  • Notes: Shadow dragons are the second most intelligent evil dragons.
  • Appears in: Monster Manual II and reprinted on several other occasions; enemy in Baldur's Gate 2. A shadow dragon called Shimmergloom is the ruler of a clan of Duergar in the second book of the Icewind Dale Trilogy, "Streams of Silver".

Dave

Dave

Looks like it could very well be fro the way it's drawn and the breath weapon. But it's hard to tell from a sketch and no context.

Shadow Dragons - when played correctly - are fricking party killers. Especially since they can shadow meld into places the party can't reach. I had one whose lair was in an inaccessible chamber inside a mountain, with wards to dispel magic if anyone was stone-walking. He had only 1 or two weaknesses and that was getting air into the chamber. But he took care of that, too....

Matt²

hmm..
ok, so the Darkness Breath he roared drains life.. that makes more sense, and gives me a context of what happened.

loved today's counter Yet Another Fantasy Gamer Comic :: Shadow Flat