Favorite Setting: Books, Movies, Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jiarn

Was just having a thought I was having a while ago, about how absolutely GaGa I go over the Fallout games, and it made me think on it a bit further. I've always been a Horror movie fan, and settings like Dawn of the Dead and Left 4 Dead have really appealed to me, but I find it trumped by Fallout, Road Warrior, Doomsday etc. Then I stopped and thought about my love of Fantasy worlds. Dragonlance, Lord of the Rings etc. Further delving into my thoughts were love for Sci-Fi settings like Star Trek and Firefly, so I figured I'd "sort of" poll Halforums and hear your thoughts/opinions/favorites.

If I had to rank them in any sort of way it'd probably go:
1. Post apocolyptic, usually caused by some kind of bomb/radiation ala, Fallout, A Boy and His Dog, Book of Eli etc.
2. Zombie Apocolypse, to the extents of Dawn/Day/Night of the Living Dead, Left 4 Dead 28 Days/Weeks. Basically zombies in our current world.
3. Fantasy worlds, pretty much everything Magic, Dragons, Warriors, etc.
4. Sci-Fi, with a slight more love for a Firefly, broken down, not super high technology style of space exploration vs the Star Trek/Wars style of genre.

I know there are alot more settings that alot of people prefer, but not really my thing. Military engagement/battlefield settings. 20s-50s era gangster/flapper style settings. Sci-Fi Western with heavy mixes of both. Super Hero in our reality/outer reality settings and so on. What's your taste fellow Hal's?

Status
Not open for further replies.