Export thread

Firefox 3.6.4 is out and adds Out-of-Process Plugins

figmentPez

figmentPez

This sounds like a nice new feature to have. From the Slashdot article:
The big new feature in this release is out-of-process plugins (OOPP). This means things like Flash, Java, QuickTime, etc., all run in separate processes, so when Flash decides to crash, it won't take your browser out with it. If Flash starts consuming all the CPU it can find, you can kill it without nuking your browser session.
Firefox has never crashed a lot for me, except when using Hotmail, but this new feature may still come in handy.

DarkAudit

DarkAudit

Firefox on my salvaged linux box will crash if you so much as sneeze in it's vicinity. Hopefully this will put an end to that.

Calleja

Calleja

This is an awesome, huge feature for such a "small" update. We didn't even get a 3.7 with this?

Dayumn, I wonder what Firefox 4 will be like.

Seraphyn

Seraphyn

Overuse of flash is pretty much the only thing capable of killing my browser, so this change is very much welcomed.

Calleja

Calleja

Firefox said right after Chrome was launched that they liked the idea and were going to definitely implement it in the future. There's no animosity between Google and Mozilla, they share technology and, in the case of Google, funds all the time.

Hell, Google themselves said that they were making Chrome open source precisely BECAUSE they wanted other browsers to "make the web a better place".

Calleja

Calleja

What? I wasn't being defensive either! I think Chrome is a great browser too!

Why do you always read everything I say as conflictive, Ame, WHYYYYYYYYYyyyyy?!?! :(

Calleja

Calleja

It's "ese" :humph:

Don't make me get my salsa-covered machete!

Baerdog

Baerdog

That would be the most delicious machete.

Calleja

Calleja

You won't say the same if you're stabbed with it. Salsa STINGS on open wounds, ese.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I would counter with these.

Calleja

Calleja

Oh, you're thinking I'm using that sauce thing you 'Mericans call "salsa".

No, no sir. I'm taking actual salsa, made in a molcajete, capable of burning through most known substances.

Baerdog

Baerdog

I think I could still eat that with chips. Maybe a tortilla if I had to. Or these: