firefox 4.0b5 font rendering- Fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wana10

So i go to start ff this morning and it asks to update to the latest version. sure, why not. unfortunately with the update from 4.0b4 to 4.0b5 the font rendering has gone all screwy. it seems to be anti aliasing the fonts which makes them look blurry and a chore to read. anyone know how to stop this from happening?

edit* took screenshots to show what i mean. here is this page in chrome, which doesn't cause eye bleeding

here it is in ff 4.0b5 which does cause eye bleeding

edit2* just noticed looking at the two pics that the firefox seems to be using a different font...which is confusing as both browsers are set to use arial as the sans-serif font.

M

Matt²

firefox 4.0b5 font rendering

Doesn't look that bad to me.. using FF 3.6.9 as of this morning.

W

wana10

firefox 4.0b5 font rendering

Back when i used ff3 i didn't have this issue, ff4b1-4 didn't have this issue, that's why i specified it's only happened since upgrading to ff4b5

edit* fixed. found some reports of others having the same issue and changing a form in the about:config fixed it. the hardware accel for 2d page rendering was screwing it all up.

M

Matt²

I *still* don't see *any* difference between the two... sorry!

G

gizmodon

I *still* don't see *any* difference between the two... sorry!
That's because you are an idiot. Take a closer look at his signature in the image, even the character width is way different.

Status
Not open for further replies.