Export thread

Flattr - taking out the middleman. From TPB co-founder Peter Sunde.

YAOMTC

Flattr!

I really hope this becomes as big as The Pirate Bay. Better yet, bigger. Now that I've got myself a job, I have many content creators in mind with whom I would share "cake". :D

Don't take that the wrong way. :p

General Specific

General Specific

What happens if you don't click any buttons? Does that money disappear? Does it get rolled over to the next cycle?

Also, how much does the company take of each payment? Or do they take a set amount from each payment cycle?

Rubicon

Not to be a dick and maybe I don't get it but..

What is so different with this than a PayPal donation link? You like something and that person has a paypal button/link up, click it and donate something.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Not to be a dick and maybe I don't get it but..

What is so different with this than a PayPal donation link? You like something and that person has a paypal button/link up, click it and donate something.
Much, much easier. For one, someone else manages the money splitting for you, so you don't need to think (well, I'll spend 10 bucks in internet stuff this month, lets put 4 here and 3 there).

YAOMTC

Another thing to consider is, PayPal is not free. They profit off transactions, you see.

Also, you may want to familiarize yourself with PayPal's legendarily poor customer service.

Dave

Dave

So I have some questions. Is this a monthly charge thing or do you have to put money into an account?

Espy

Espy

I'm intrigued.

PatrThom

PatrThom

So it's like Digg, but with money?
Not to be a pain, I really like the concept. I just know the entire thing is riding on whether or not enough people sign up for the thing to make it worthwhile. I've seen other 'bounty-based' methods of managing micropayments, too. I'd really like something like this to go ahead. I fancy myself able to create a half dozen pretty good songs, and it would be great to have a way to release them directly and be rewarded for doing so without having to go through the legal and/or contractual processes normally associated with hunting down file sharers, marketing, middlemen, etc.

--Patrick