Found out something amusing about my ancestry today

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WolfOfOdin

For the longest time I've thought I'm more or less 100% Irish in terms of ancestry, till today anyway. I was doing some research on my family history, going through the Paidrags, Cormacs, Seamuses, (My grandfather's named Seamus Colin Francis Horan IV, so there) and happened upon...a long string of names that frankly surprised me.

Olaf Bjornssen,

Bjorn Haraldsen

Ingvil Stolhberg (Married, Ingvil Haraldsen)

and so forth....for a large amount of time

Turns out I'm almost half Norwegian o_o Explains me being chalk white and unable to tan

you, uh, do realise that dublin was a viking town, right? even if you were 100% "irish" you would still be mostly scandinavian...

edit: also,

Turns out I'm almost half Norwegian o_o Explains me being chalk white and unable to tan
i always thought the whole "pale white and not being able to tan" thing was an irish thing as well.

W

WolfOfOdin

you, uh, do realise that dublin was a viking town, right? even if you were 100% "irish" you would still be mostly scandinavian...

i always thought the whole "pale white and not being able to tan" thing was an irish thing as well.

My family's from Kilglass in county Sligo..and most of it still lives there. We're black Irish though, mainly, so I assumed we had a more traditionally Gaelic amount of blood in the pool. It also explains my love of Akvavit, fish and the dreams wherein I'm a viking king.

The Irish does explain my paleness, but a combination of the two explains why even if I go to a tanning salon, I turn beet red for two or three days, then go back to chalk white.

My family's from Kilglass in county Sligo..and most of it still lives there. We're black Irish though, mainly, so I assumed we had a more traditionally Gaelic amount of blood in the pool. It also explains my love of Akvavit, fish and the dreams wherein I'm a viking king.

The Irish does explain my paleness, but a combination of the two explains why even if I go to a tanning salon, I turn beet red for two or three days, then go back to chalk white.[/QUOTE]

[strike]hold on i'm doing a venn diagram...[/strike]

so something like this, then?

North_Ranger

Staff member
Norwegian, huh? Well, you're still okay in my books :p

Also, Gurpel... you'd only need one circle entitled "Finnish" to have the same effext ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.