Export thread

freaking 30 minute thunderstorm with 75 mph winds...heh

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

So yesterday, I was supposed to go play Irish music. I was leaving to pick Calli up from work, and we had a friend going along for the ride to the show. She was in the bathroom putting on makeup and I asked her "You ready yet?"

Right about then I hear a tinkling sound on the windows. By the time I got to the kitchen to look outside (less than a minute) we were having a full-on hailstorm. I grabbed my camera, and as I raised it to take a picture, a full section of my fence went flying across the yard.

In less than 5 minutes we had gone from a clear blue sky to a thunderstorm with 75mph winds!

So, in less than 15 minutes, we lost shingles, and started taking on water. I got the boys mobilized..one in the attic nailing up plastic and on on the roof replacing shingles in the middle of a thunderstorm. But unfortunately, we weren't fast enough to prevent part of my ceiling from caving in from the water damage.

The neighbors. This is what my roof looked like in the middle of the storm.

not a great job, but considering it was in 75 mph winds, I'm really happy with what he did :) The shingles have grass on them because he chased them up the road first :)

see how some sections of the fence are still dry? That's because the wind was blowing so hard, the rain never actually hit the bottom parts of some of the fences. Heh.

So guess who didn't go play with the band?

It coulda been worse though. I hesitate to think what some of my neighbors ceilings and attics look like, since nobody else came out to start patching their roofs until after the rain.

After the water was controlled, I managed to seal the sealing up with cardboard, a shower curtain liner, and duct tape. It's very ghetto, but at least I'm not air conditioning the sky. :)

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

and on on the roof replacing shingles in the middle of a thunderstorm.
With 75 mph? I take it this wasn't your favorite.

That's a crazy storm.

checkeredhat

checkeredhat

I feel a "Lard tunderin' jaysis by!" is appropriate